Check Scams, Debt Collection scams and other financial scams.
#17784 by David Jansen Sat Nov 28, 2009 1:04 pm
I am familiar to a similar scam. These scams are run by South African scammers, possibly gangs. It's about an over invoiced sum of money they want to share with the target. These scammers are devious and subtle. It appears they're not after your money, but want to meet with their target and try to lure the target to South Africa. It has happend that the targets who did go to meet the scammer was robbed or even kidnapped and killed. When the target replies to the initial email, the first thing the scammer does is to try to become the targets friend and after that invites the target to his country to conclude a deal. These scammers have their scams worked out pretty good but don't fall for their sweet talk, THEY ARE COLDBLOODED CRIMINALS!
IP: 41.241.247.229 South Africa
Director of Project, South Africa Department of Minerals and Energy.(STRICTLY CONFIDENTIAL DUE TO THE POST I HELD IN MY COUNTRY)

"Dr. Adams Jerry" <[email protected]> [Add]
To:

Date:
Tue, 24 Nov 2009 5:31 PM (4 days ago)
Show original
Show full header

I am Dr.Adams Jerry, Director of Project, South Africa Department of Minerals and Energy. I am making this contact with you based on the Committee need for an individual/company who is willing to assist us with a solution to a money transfer.

This amount $28.5m represents the balance of the total contract Value Executed on behalf of Department by a foreign contracting firm, which we the officials
over-invoiced deliberately, of awhich the actual sum has been paid.

Should you be willing to assist us in the transaction? Your share of the sum will be 25% of the $28.5million, 70% for us and 5% for taxation and miscellaneous expenses.

To enable us commence, I will need your personal telephone/fax number.

Please send your response to [email protected]

I await your immediate response.

Best Regards,
Dr.Adams Jerry.

Being a victim doesn't mean you stand alone. We're here to help you.
Advertisement

#17788 by David Jansen Sat Nov 28, 2009 1:54 pm
Here's another one:
To:
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2009 08:22:16 +0200
Subject: RE:LETTER OF PARTNERSHIP

MR.JOHN MOLLOTO
SOUTH AFRICA.

ATTENTION.

I AM AN ENGINEER WITH THE MINISTRY OF MINERAL RESOURCES AND ENERGY IN
SOUTH AFRICA AND ALSO A MEMBER OF CONTRACTS AWARDING COMMITTEE OF THIS
MINISTRY UNDER BLACK EMPOWERMENT, BEE.

ABOUT FEW MONTHS AGO, THE NEW GOVERNMENT MANDATED THIS COMMITTEE TO
AWARD CERTAIN CONTRACTS TO FOREIGN FIRMS, IN WHICH, I AND TWO OF MY
PARTNERS ARE THE LEADER OF THIS COMMITTEE. WITH OUR GOOD POSITION IN
THIS COMMITTEE, WE OVER INVOICED THIS CONTRACTS TO THE TUNE OF US$3.5
MILLION DOLLARS, TO BE BENEFITED BY ME AND TWO OF MY PARTNERS THAT ARE
INCHARGE OF THIS CONTRACTS AWARDING COMMITTEE OF THIS MINISTRY.

NOW, THAT THE CONTRACTS VALUE HAS BEEN PAID OFF TO THE ACTUAL
CONTRACTORS THAT EXECUTED THE PROJECTS, ALL WE WANT IS A TRUSTED FOREIGN
PARTNER LIKE YOU THAT WE SHALL FRONT TO CLAIM THIS OVER INVOICE SUM.
UPON OUR AGREEMEENT TO CARRY ON THIS TRANSACTION WITH YOU, THE SAID FUND
WILL BE SHARED AS FOLLOWS: 65% WILL BE FOR US, 30% FOR YOUR INVOLVMENT
AND 5% SHALL BE SET ASIDE FOR THE UP FRONT EXPENCES THAT MIGHT BE
ENCOUNTERED BY YOU AND US IN THE OF THE TRANSACTION BEARING IN MIND THAT
WE SHALL PROCESS ALL NECESSARY DOCUMENTS AND FORMARLITIES NECESSARY TO
JUSTIFY YOU AS THE RIGHTFUL BENEFICIARY OF THIS FUND.

YOU SHOULD ALSO BEAR IN MIND THAT YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO PUT HEADS
TOGETHER WITH US TO GIVE THIS TRANSACTION MORAL AND FINANCIAL SUPPORT IT
REQUIRED TO BE SUCCESSFUL. IF YOU ARE INTERESTED AND FINANCIALLY CAPABLE
TO HANDLE THIS TRANSACTION, KINDLY REPLY US THROUGH THIS EMAIL ADDRESS:
[email protected] or 27-78-6333-742, YOU SHALL THEN BE
FURNISHED WITH MORE DETAILS AND REQUIREMENTS YOU SHALL NEED FOR THE
SUCCESSFUL CONCLUSION OF THIS TRANSACTION.
PLEASE REMEMBER TO INCLUDE YOUR SECURE PRIVATE AND OFFICE NUMBERS FOR
BETTER AND SECURE COMMUNICATION. THANK YOU IN ANTICIPATION OF YOUR
POSITIVE RESPONSE.

YOURS FAITHFULLY.

MR.JOHN MOLLOTO

This is the following email:
Dear,
Thanks for the reply.

It is all about to use your name and contact to transfer some fund from South Africa to your account in your country for safekeeping and future investment use in your country. The money is totaling US$3.5 Million and it accrued from over invoiced contract that was awarded and executed in my department.

For your assistance and cooperation, you will be entitled to 35% of the total sum, kindly reply to this with your contact details and telephone number so that I can call you for us to discuss more in details and arrange for a meeting.

Please Note this must be treated with absolute confidentiality and very urgent.

Waiting your earliest possible response.

Yours faithfully,
Mr. John Molloto.

Dear xxxxx

Ref to my proposal to you, I hereby write again to answer your questions and give you more insight.

Actually the money is not my personal money and not stolen fund, I and my colleagues collaborated and use our various positions in the office to over of one of the contracts that was awarded and monitored by us to the tune of aforesaid sum and we did that so that we can have something to fall back on after our retirement. Meanwhile, the contract has been executed, completed and commissioned and the bonafide contract has been paid reaming the over invoiced sum that we want to transfer.

However, the deal is legal and 100% risk free. What I need from you is name of company, personal or same company bank account, once I receive the company name, I will draft an application for payment with the name of the company and send prototype copy to you for your perusal and assign your signature and return it back to me for submission for approval. Again, once the application is filled, we will use our position here to facilitate the approval and subsequently affect the transfer without any delay and I assure that this will be done in a very smooth authomsphere and hitch free. Thus, we will make sure that both country laws will not be violated now and in the future hence you treat it with absolute confidentiality and adhrere my instruction and guideline.

Furthermore, I will like to know as follows; do you have any company name to file apply for the re-claim of the money? And what about bank account? Do you have offshore account and where is the accounted located, and finally, is it personal/company account and how many signatories????

Finally, I will like to have telephone conversation with you for us to hear each other voice and deliberate on the issue to our confidence and embark on the execution of the Deal, therefore, however, send to me your direct telephone number and indicate to call you for us to speak.

Waiting your earliest possible response.

Regards,

J. Molloto.

A detail of the next email
Thus, this arrangement demands that you will come to South Africa for us to meet and sign an agreement that will be binding to us and also to sign some few documents to obtain the approval before the money could be transferred, do you think you can make the trip to South Africa with the nature of your work and when do you think you can make it??? About Company, any company name could be used whether existing or not we will cover up everything what matters most is the receiving bank account which must be operational and capable to receive and accommodate the amount without raising any eyebrow. Hope you understand me.

I expect your call or email,+27-833-736-797

Wising you and your family a fantastic weekend and God blessing.

J. Molloto.

And some more friendly chat from the scammer
Now as we are about to establish this long lasting relationship which I pray is going to extend to our children, I think it will be important for us to get more acquainted by knowing one another very well, therefore, however, I will like you to tell more me about yourself.

On my own part, I am John Phetso Molloto I am 49 years of age, I marry very early and I have 4 children all grown and from Giyani Limpopo. I am a seasoned civil servant and have been in public service for years. During the apartheid era in South Africa, I played formidable role then as youth leader before I left to oversea to study as an Engineer that I am today. I returned back to South Africa 1994 after the end of apartheid regime and presently working with Ministry of Mineral Resources and Energy as an Engineer and I am a member BEE (Black Economic Empowerment) and the Chairman of Contract Awarding Committee in preparation for first ever African host of the world cup and more contracts/constructions are still going on right now in South Africa to meet up with FIFA standard and deadline, you will see everything yourself when you come.

So be rest assured that you are working with a man of integrity and with great reputation to protect now and in the future.

Finally, have heart to heart discussion with your wife and revert to me both on more details of yourself and let know your itinerary to South Africa so that I can make your hotel reservation and to welcome you by OR TAMBO INT’L AIRPORT.

Waiting your kind reply.

See you soon.

J. Molloto.

Being a victim doesn't mean you stand alone. We're here to help you.