Check Scams, Debt Collection scams and other financial scams.
#19094 by TorontoLawyer Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:57 pm
I was contacted by someone alleging to be in the UK seeking assistance in a collection matter. The person identified himself as:

Dr Wilson Ford.
[email protected]
Wilson Loans International
Tower 190, Floor 5,
Old broad street, London,
United Kingdom.
+44-701-112-1120

Very quickly he agreed to pay a large contingency fee for the assistance in collecting funds which his ‘client’ was ready to immediately pay. Somehow, a large contingency fee and easy collection process never seem to materialize in the real world.

When asked for various documentation to support identification and the corporate existence, the response was:

“Thanks for your prompt reply to our email please be inform that we can not lay hands on any document now as this document has nothing to do with the preparation of the agreement form, also be inform that we do not have a local solicitor representing us at the moment, that is why we seek your assistance, as this is an international transaction please let us know if weather or not you are ready to continue this as you are causing delay regarding this, and also be inform that our client are already at the peak of payment.”

This, Dr. Ford, advised that I would be contacted by the debtor. I quickly received an e-mail from someone who identified himself as:

Allen Richy.
Payments & Logistic Officer.
Crown Global Investment.
[email protected]

Mr. Richy was all set to make immediate payment to me.

When Dr. Ford was again asked about identification and documentation, his response included the following:

“There are other transactions ahead, we promise to adhere to every normal protocol in subsequent transactions.”

He then proposed to leave the corporate client out of the picture and have funds paid to him personally.

The latest is that I am at fault for delaying the entire collection matter.

Let’s hope it is delayed for a very, very long time.
Advertisement

#19122 by Dotti Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:08 pm
Thank you for posting this. As you already know, this is a definite scam, and posting it will help others to avoid being scammed too, as every name, email address, phone number, and format posted increases the odds that a potential victim will find out it is a scam before it is too late.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.