Check Scams, Debt Collection scams and other financial scams.
#160301 by Seagerlin Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:48 am
Hy Guys I got this Dude named" MIKE MORRIS" which is threatining me with Paypal E-Mails since I wasnt so stupid to send him cash HOW IN GODS SAKE can I get him off my back?
Advertisement

#160309 by Michelle Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:30 am
Hello Seagerlin

Kindly post the complete suspicious e-mail that you have mentioned for other people to find when searching for similar details. - please be sure to remove your own personal details before submitting.

#160322 by Seagerlin Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:05 am
OMG puuuuh ok then Ill take my time to post his E-Mails and the fake Paypal E-Mails ... its the same crap that everybody else received and its not like I aint got nuttin else to do! I am so annyoed by this *#+%$' seriously hes costed enough of my time already.

His first contact was by SMS / mobile phone since I had my number on Gumtree posted, tellin me to contact him by his E-Mail addr. : [email protected]

Ya gonna have to start reading from the bottom and I will not post my E-Mails cause like I sait I got a life and other stuff to do...and no more nervs left :-(

I JUST WANNA KNOW HOW TO GET RID OF THIS SCAM BULL*''''*''*

THIS IS THE LAST THREATEN FAKE PAYPAL EMAIL FROM TODAY:

Von: [email protected]® <[email protected]>
Datum: 3 April 2013 10:09:21 AWST
An: ******
Betreff: ** SECURITY MEASURES AND COMPANY POLICY NOTIFICATION **

Dear ******,

We have received a message about your non cooperation, recalcitrance or possible doubt about the remittance of your funds after you complete the shipping payment instruction given.

This transaction case has been filed and sent to the higher authorities but before we take further steps through our legal bodies. We want you to know that PayPal is not a small company. We are all over the world, we are PayPal international. We have our credibility and name to protect and that is the more reason why we take security measures in every transaction through our company.

Secondly, we want you to know that each and every organizations/companies have their own unbreakable policies and all monetary/payment enterprises do not work the same way therefore we cannot change our security policies in your case.

We know you did not enter into any mutual agreement to send the shipping funds upfront but you also have to consider that this instructions to have the shipping funds sent was advised by PayPal, not your buyer and this is a security precaution to have a safe and smooth transaction as the transaction cannot be canceled nor the funds retractable.

We want you to know that we have our international standard and reputation, that's why we have ourselves a large number of customers and we are only here to offer them the best security service so that their mind can be at ease that their money is being safely handled. You are also one of our numerous customers and your membership on our community is of great value to us, that is why we will serve you with our very best security strategies so that you will have a good recommendation about our company though it might seems annoying and extorting at first but at the end of the transaction,you will be happy for your safe delivery of your total fund into your account.

We are sorry if our security measures and legal action processes are too much of a hassle for you but we want you to know that this all is done to protect you and your buyer from dubious activities on the PayPal system as we have had some experience with some bad customers in the past albeit they have already been punished for trying to play fraudulent on our other customers. So this is why we do take legal steps after 24hours of non-response to our notifications from our customers. We hope you can also understand that the safety of your money will be our priority.

We stated in our last message to you that your funds are safe with us so you do not have to worry about any risk whatsoever because you will receive your funds in your account approximately 1-2hours after you email us the western union details. You are our customer and you have to abide by our rules and regulations, you are not in the position to instruct us on how to run our policy nor change our security measures. We want you to understand that the shipping fees we requested of you through western union was demanded for by the shipping firm because that is the shipping company's business method of accepting payments and without payment to the shipping company, there will never be any shipment of the merchandise and that will make the whole transaction void. Moreover as we already stated earlier, It was not the opinion of your buyer nor the shipping firm that PayPal should take security precautions but this procedure is a strong security measure taken by PayPal in handling this kind of transactions and it cannot be altered as we have had bad experiences with dubious buyer's and sellers in the past.

You have 100% guarantee from us that your money is safe and will be credited into your account as soon as we receive the western union details for the shipping fee.

Once again, according to our policies stated in the payment confirmation receipts issued to you, we have the rights to start up all legal actions according to PayPal's policy after 24hours of non positive response from you so we do hope you make it timely.

We need you to complete our instructions as a honest and legitimate seller by sending the shipping funds requested so kindly get onto that as soon as you can but if you still think this is some fraudulent attempt, then we will have to take legal steps against you and you'd confirm for yourself when you are contacted by the law officers.

We are truly sorry for any inconveniences caused and we hope to read from you as soon as possible.

Thank you for using PayPal,

The PayPal Team
PayPal. Safer. Simpler. Smarter.

For more information, read our Product Disclosure Statement, User Agreement and Privacy Policy.

Copyright © 1999-2012 PayPal, Inc.

All rights reserved.

PayPal Australia Pty Limited ASB 93 111 195 389 (AFSL 304962).

Any general financial product advice provided in this site has not taken into account your objectives, financial situations or needs.
PayPal Email ID PP122

THE FIRST THREATEN FAKE PAYPAL EMAIL:

Dear *******,

We really want this transaction to work out but since you are not ready to show your understanding and cooperation, we will have to take things up through the tough proper authorities. We believe you read our security measures and company policies message and you are only waiting to test the strength of our securities, by not responding positively to our email notifications and acting according to our instructions, You have violated our security measures and we will have your profile details and account details with us passed to the Federal Bureau Of Investigation, the Internet Fraud Crime Commission and the Australian Police Department so as to ease their stress of tracking you down and delivering proper justice on you.

As your payment company, we have our rules and regulations and we strongly believe that by you using our services, It means you agree to our terms and trust our guide for an efficient and safe transaction. Obviously, you have failed to follow our instructions and proven to be recalcitrant to our guides therefore we assume you to be either a non cooperating customer or one of the numerous online fraudsters PayPal is working hard to put an end to.

According to the safety measures we take when handling transactions involving huge sums, We shall not fail to proceed into the next step which is our legal actions proceedings. This message will be our last alert to you and if we do not read from you within a short period, then be sure to receive visitors fighting internet corruptions from all governmental agencies in your local area and international standards.

As PayPal is not a hostile company, we are giving you a 24hours grace to get back to us with the requested details. If by the end of the given period, we have not received the requested details from you, we reserve the right to infringe and forward your information on file with us (which includes your contact details, DOB and telephone lines) to all governmental agencies backing us, this also includes the immigration officials and we shall as well close your PayPal account.

This message is not a threat by PayPal but a legal step that we take in order to ensure a safer environment for all our users.

We request for the Scanned Receipt of the western union money transfer to prove sending of the shipping fee in less than 24hours and once we receive these details, we will release your funds into your account or otherwise face the consequences of LEGAL ACTION.

This is done in accordance to our policy and in other to protect both the seller and buyer.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for using PayPal!
The PayPal Team

THE SECOND FAKE PAYPAL EMAIL:

Betreff: Awaiting Western Union Details!! (Transaction ID: 0TR88725KA368321T)
Datum: 1. April 2013 04:06:29 GMT+08:00
An: '''''''******

Awaiting Western Union Information!

Dear ''++******,

It's our pleasure to get back to you again in response to the transaction between you and Morris Mike. Note that PayPal verifies every transaction on a regular basis. This transaction iD: 0TR88725KA368321T has been verified and approved by PayPal Authority. This is to inform you that we are waiting for you to send us the MTCN and sender's name as soon as you send the $300.00 AUD to the agent, in order for us to credit your account with the $700.00 AUD. Immediately after we receive the details from you before the agent come for the pick up.

You are now mandated to send the total sum of $300.00 AUD via Western Union Money Transfer to the agent and forward us the transfer details such as.

1) Sender's Name:
2) MTCN (Money Transfer Control Number):
3) Amount Sent:

Once this requirement is met your account will be credited immediately after the verification.

NB: Failure to get it done might lead to suspension of your account

Thank you for using PayPal
PayP,al makes it easy to send/receive money for your auctions.

Sincerely,
PayPal

THE FIRST FAKE PAYPAL EMAIL:

Dear ''*****,

You have received a PayPal Payment of $700.00 AUD from Morris Mike ([email protected]).

A temporary hold has been placed on this transaction!

As mentioned in the receipt of Payment and as per New PayPal Payment policy, we have fully debited the total amount (above) from the buyer's account which includes the buyer's shipper pick up fees.

In order to complete this transaction and get the funds approved in your account. We advice you go to nearest Western Union Office, and send the $300.00 AUD to the Agent and send us a Scanned Copy/Photograph of your Western Union Transaction Receipt (in .JPG Format).

NOTE: This is important as a security measure to ensure safety of this transaction.

Please, find below the name and address of the Transport Agent where the Funds would be sent via Western Union Money Transfer.

Click Here Locate Nearest Western Union Office

Address:
Elambaarathi Viswakevu
LG2 Menara Mbf, Jalan Sultan
City: Selangor
State: Kuala Lumpur,
Zip Code: 50250
Address Status: Confirmed

Your Account will be credited accordingly upon the receipt of details requested. It should either be sent in JPG format or send type details as:
Sender's Name;
Receiver's Name;
MTCN;
Amount Sent;

You may Click Here or reply to this message directly using the reply button in your email to submit the required information or to contact the PayPal Customer Verification Department and include either transaction ID or reference number (PP307) quick recognition of this transaction

ANOTHER FAKE PAYPAL EMAIL CONFIRMING THE FAKE PAYMENT:

Hello ''*'''''''',

This email confirms that you have received an Instant payment of $700.00 AUD from Morris Mike ([email protected]) via PayPal ,MERCHANDISE Payment Service.

Reversals : This method of payment can not be reversed.

View the "NOTE" of this pending transaction below

Payment Details

Merchandise Amount: $350.00 AUD
Transport Charges:
Taxes and Insurance:

Total:
$350.00 AUD
-------

$700.00 AUD
Transaction: 0TR88725KA368321T
Quantity: 1
MERCHANDISE Title: Merchandise

Address: Elambaarathi Viswakevu

Address Status: Confirmed

NOTE: This is to confirm to you that the said amount has been successfully transferred by the sender and been deducted from his Account which is ready to be credited into your account, been that this Payment has been subjected to be a Payment for an MERCHANDISE purchased from you, we reserve the right to make sure this transaction is safe and secured also to verify the legitimacy level on this transaction because of the high sum of funds involved.

The above sum has Included the transport charges and taxes as we and the Transport Company quoted for the buyer (as per PayPal MERCHANDISE PAYMENT POLICY). You will receive a Message from the PayPal Customer Verification Department Shortly informing you on how to send the Transport fares and taxes to the transport company with the above details as soon as possible.

You may contact PayPal customer service by Clicking Here or reply directly to this email by using the reply button in your Mail Box and Quote the Above Transaction ID for quick recognition of this transaction.
Sincerely,

The PayPal Team.

Please, understand that this is a security measure intended to help protect both the Buyer and Seller. We apologize for the inconvenience this might have caused you.

Because of the inconvenience this causes we are giving you the next two incoming transfers for free!
" You will pay no fees for your next two incoming transfers* ".

PayPal. Safer. Simpler. Smarter.

For more information, read our Product Disclosure Statement, User Agreement and Privacy Policy.

Copyright © 1999-2012 PayPal, Inc.

All rights reserved.
PayPal Australia Pty Limited ASB 93 111 195 389 (AFSL 304962).

Any general financial product advice provided in this site has not taken into account your objectives, financial situations or needs.

PayPal Email ID PP122

THIS IS THE LAST FAKE SHIPPING COMPANY; AUTO SHIPPERS INT'L EMAIL:

Von: [email protected]® <[email protected]>
Betreff: ** SECURITY MEASURES AND COMPANY POLICY NOTIFICATION **
Datum: 3. April 2013 10:09:21 GMT+08:00
An: ********

We are the shipping company from AUTO SHIPPERS INT'L, we wish to inform you that Morris Mike contacted us as regards the shipping of the Merchandise he bought from you and paid for accordingly.

Sequel to this, we sincerely request that you should forward to us your contact details so that we can come to your home and pick up the Merchandise he paid for. We are also informed that you need to send the sum of $300.00 AUD to us via Western Union Money Transfer which is to cover the shipping fee, kindly send the money to us at our address below:

Name: Elambaarathi Viswakevu

We expect you to get back to us with the information below:

1.Senders Name and Address
2.Amount Sent
3.Reference Number

Send the scanned copy of the receipt to us for proper verification and confirmation.

We will serve you right ...
Get back to us at : [email protected]

AND HERE ARE ALL "MIKE MORRIS" EMAILS:

Von: Mike Morris <[email protected]>
Datum: 30 March 2013 3:06:11 AWST
An: ***
Betreff: PAYMENT HAS BEEN MADE FOR======

I just completed the payment with paypal just now and i hope you will have
been notified that i issue out the payment already as i got a deduction
message here also. I made the total of $700 and $350 for the shipping fee
pick up and the western union charges. So kindly forward the sum of $300 to
the shipping company via western union as i hope they should have contacted
you also and email paypal once transfer is done with the information
required as they said they won't release the funds until they get the
western union information from you due to the fact that i emailed them
about the excess payment i made. I will need you to send the $300 to the
pick up shipping company Headquarters where they normally confirm any
commission payment to via western union money transfer
Here is the pick up shipping company info needed to get the money sent
through western union money transfer

First Name: Elambaarathi
Last Name: Viswakevu

Please kindly email the necessary details to paypal :the mtcn which you
will be given at the western union after the $300 has been sent.You should
send the money soon so that the agent can schedule time and you would know
when the Pick Up would commence, make sure you're home. I advice you to
check both your inbox or junk/spam folder for the payment confirmation
message..The shipper would be coming around to your area to have the
merchandise picked up once you have sent the shipping fee to them, as i
need you to let me know what time you want them to come and where (your
address & phone # you can be reached on)

I will be waiting to hear from you once the money has been sent to my
shipper.
Thanks.

Mike

Am 29.03.2013 um 00:03 schrieb Mike Morris:

'''****'''get back to me with your paypal invoice to proceed with the payment asap

thanks

Am 28.03.2013 um 21:19 schrieb [email protected]:

Alright Mate,

I am interested in buying your item. I wish i could come for viewing and inspection as am currently out of the country at the moment and i want it picked up before my arrival, though i will be back in couple of weeks. I would like to pay you using paypal due to my inability to make a bank deposit which is safer for me. Kindly send me a paypal payment invoice or create an account with paypal on http://www.paypal.com.au if you dont have one. I will make a solid pick up arrangement with the shipping company who will be coming over for pick up once you receive full payment into your paypal account. Have a nice day. Few more photos will be appreciated as well.

Mike
#160331 by TerranceBoyce Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:31 am
I used to get wound up by scam mails, so I took up scam baiting and now I irritate them as much as I can, but that takes up your time and, if you don't have any. it's not an option.

I'd reply that only a fool would pretend that Pay Pay uses Western Union to make payments and to suggest otherwise is idiocy that makes you doubt he is old enough to use a computer without parental supervision, and if he contacts you again, you'll pass on the information about his Malaysian accomplice to the police in Malaysia who are only to keen to receive the details of criminals operating within their jurisdiction.

Often it's a mistake to bother to reply to scammers but the Malaysian authorities are particularly tough on scammers and he may not want to risk provoking you in to carrying out your threat.

CAR ADVERTS - If a car seller mentions escrow - he's scamming you Never ever for any reason pay anything until you have seen and inspected the vehicle
#160335 by Seagerlin Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:59 am
Hy TerranceBoyce THX for your response! Yeah I have a family and a real life otherwise I would love to
give those *##***$%& a hard time...PLUS on the other hand I did accidently give out my address :-(
and who knows what these criminal *###***§$% are up to??? Thats why I am not considering to report them to the Malaysian authorities. I just hope the scam Mails stop soon I am like blocking every day!
#160350 by TerranceBoyce Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:24 am
I wasn't suggesting that you really report them Seagerlin, but just make the threat.

Scammers like to annoy and irritate people they target, but it's a mistake to react to it. You can either ignore them, and they will eventually go away or, if you want to try to make them stop, don't get in to a 'flame war' but be calm, cool and make it clear that threats are childish and don't concern you at all and, give them something to worry about.

I don't promise it will work, but scammers only want money from you any way they can get it, and as long as they're getting to you, they won't let go.

CAR ADVERTS - If a car seller mentions escrow - he's scamming you Never ever for any reason pay anything until you have seen and inspected the vehicle
#160661 by izzy.stacey Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:32 pm
This sucker almost scammed me too!
Alarm bells starting ringing when he was apparently willing to pay $820 including postage for a guitar i'm selling for $470. He also has my address too, but then I have his apparently so hopefully he won't try anything.
#160665 by Dotti Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:49 pm
Names, addresses, and personal information he gave you will be fake. The address may be real, but he certainly won't live there.

The most he will do is send you the fake paypal email, and then try to send you a few threatening emails when you don't send money. Ignore him and move on.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
#161210 by Dean5 Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:30 am
Hi guys add this to the list of Scammers:

I am currently selling my boat on gumtree and I get a text from +61 2 4036 3188
Saying: I am contacting you for my boss, he's not too text so just send him an email on myunclelewisgmail.com if you still have the boat.

So I email the below:
G'day, i still have the boat,if you have any questions about it give me a call on 04&* 2>? 382 (sorry just wana protect my privacy, the real email had my actual number) thank you Dean.

The person never rang but replyed with this email:

Sent: Monday, 8 April 2013 2:39:49 PM
To: dean deano
Okay. one of my staff's saw the ADS and would like me to see it. Letme know if the price is negotiable. I am from Broken Hill NSW. If youwere local then I would come down to pick it up. But since you are notlocal, I will have to arrange with a pick up driver that has a truckto come and pick it up once payment is cleared. My only option rightnow will be paypal. because I prefer to use paypal for most onlinetransactions, You can easily get money in your paypal and transfer itinto your bank account let me know and keep me posted asap. John

So alarm bells start ringing, wtf would someone in Broken hill want a 14ft boat. FYI it is advertised and sold with a trailor, which my hilux pulls just fine. So more alarms bells start ringing why does he need a truck and hows he planing on getting the boat on the truck.
So i'm like ok idiot i'll play your stupid game.

dean deano 7:03 PM To: John Lewis

Sent: Monday, 8 April 2013 7:03:13 PM
To: John Lewis

John
Sorry the price is not negotiable, happy to go through paypal let me know as i have someone wanting to look at it on the weekend.Thanks Dean

Quick as lightning I get this reply:
John Lewis ([email protected])Add to contacts7:12 PM To: dean deano

Sent: Monday, 8 April 2013 7:12:34 PM
To: dean deano

That's fine. I contacted the mover and I just got an email from him,He said the pick up and delivery will cost $750, and it has to bescheduled with their company headquarters in China before they cancome for pick up.. I will include the shipping cost with the money Iam sending you and once you receive the payment I want you to maketheir money available so that they can come for pick up. If that isclear then you can login to your paypal account and send me paymentrequest for the $8,800 My paypal account is [email protected] you John

Now i'm like, what kind of idiot gets a shipping company from china. I reply with the following:

Sent: Monday, 8 April 2013 7:25:08 PM
To: John Lewis ([email protected])

So I am 100% clear. You want me to pay the shipping company? Thats what the extra money you will be paying me is for. If this is the case, Who is the shipping company? and how am I ment to pay them?

Dean

No reply as yet ill keep you posted on all my progress with JOHN LEWIS, From Broken Hill (desert country), buying my 14ft boat and trailer hes never seen, Putting it all on a truck from china, & paying by paypal.
My names Dean not Dumb
#161213 by Venessacee Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:18 am
I've also had mike Morris or [email protected] email me in regards to prices of furniture it seemed to good to be true.

I sent him an invoice today via PayPal then he mentioned about the whole shipping and how he would have to pay me extra to pay it by western union.

Then it all seemed a little to suss. I just said the items
We're with my elderly motherly and that she could not get to a western union branch and that he would have to pay at a branch and that I've done this at branches overseas. Waiting to get a reply now haha.

What I'm confused about is does he actually make a payment or not via PayPal ?
#161234 by b_karv Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:21 am
Got something similar just today except he used the alisas Nathan Swales, got to hand it to him he knows how to pick daper english names. He wanted me to pay to a western account under the same name:

Name: Elambaarathi Viswakevu
Address: Jalan Tun Ismail 1
City: Kuantan
State: Kuala Lumpur
Zip Code: 25200

I ended up sending the following:
MY EMAIL
Dear Elambaarathi Viswakevu,

It was agreed that the transport payment will be made once the funds are cleared, this is now not the case. Also paypal confirmed your email is a fake transaction, where I now suspect fraudelent actitivity. As of yet I have not receieved any funds in my paypal account hence I have cancelled the invoice/payment request sent to you due to the fraud actitivity. Any further harrassment made by you, now having your full contact details I will report you to the Malaysian authorities to investigate you for your fraudelent actitivities. Thank you for wasting my time, hope you have a nice life adding no value to society.

Regards,
XX

HIS RESPONSE
Are you insane .....what the hell are you talking about after deduction has take place in my acct and you're trying to tell me is fake....you must be suck....

Haven't responded back and not going too, hopefully that's the last I hear from him. It seems he uses the same last name but changes his first name (possibly a brother), I read one poor guy paid $6K to him for insurance for a boat, so I consider myself lucky although he wasted my time.
#161639 by Michelle Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:02 am
[email protected]

We are the shipping company from Auto Shippers INT'L, we wish to inform you that Mr Lewis Brumley contacted us as regards the shipping of the merchandise he bought from you and paid for accordingly.

We advise you not to send the shipping fee to our representative details given to you in our previous email as Mr Elambaarathi Viswakevu was involved in an accident and he has been rushed to the hospital, we would like you to forward the shipping charges to the name and address below:

Name: Malarveli Ramachandran
Address: 50, Jalan Teluk Pulai
City: Klang
State: Selangor
Zip Code: 41100

We expect you to get back to us with the information below:

1. Senders Name and Address
2. Amount Sent
3. Reference Number
4. House Address
5. Telephone Number

Send the scanned copy of the receipt to us for proper verification and confirmation.

We will serve you right,
Get back to us at : [email protected]

Thank you for using us,
Auto Shippers.

#161750 by skidzophonics Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:25 am
Hi all,
I lodged a complaint with the ACCC. Here's the link - https://www.scamwatch.gov.au/content/ma ... type=Other

I also got similar emails requesting money to be transfered through western union.

By the way he's also given me his number. Yes his number!! I even got a chance to speak to him!!
Yep, I asked him why the email on PayPal is [email protected].

The dude acted like he didn't know about it. He said he didn't know it was that email. He'll be forwarding me his 'shipping company' details. He's got a Philipino/Chinese accent. Told me he's working at sea.

Here's his number +91 96-50-296415. Apparently if you search his email
And number on google it'll appear as mostly scam reports.

Have fun calling him.
#162280 by tomorrowwland Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:56 am
I don't know if this has anything to do with the paypal scam, but this is to do with gum tree. I posted an ad on gumtree for a few commercial fridges etc. and I got a text to my phone from someone asking me to email them as they are interested. So I emailed this person telling them to come for an inspection and to negotiate prices and this was the first response I got:

Thanks for the mail....I am very keen. How i wish i could come for viewing and inspection as am currently overseas at the moment and i want it picked up before i get back. Due to my inability to make a bank deposit, I would be paying via PayPal which is safer for me or bank transfer as well safe. Kindly send me a paypal payment invoice or create an account at www.paypal.com if you dont have one or your bank details for me to make payment. I will make a concrete pick up arrangement with my transport agent who will be coming over for pick up once you receive full payment into your PayPal account. Have a nice day.

Cheers and pls inform other buyers you sold it as am ready to purchase it right away....Nathan

At first I thought it was a bit strange that he was willing to just purchase the equipment without inspection first, but I replied anyway simply giving him an email to which he can send paypal funds to. And I got this response next, titled "About To Make Payment":

I will be sending funds ASAP.Like i said before,i have someone (a shipping company to be precise) who will handle the pick up and paypal is organizing them as i cant be able to come for the pick up myself so i handed over this transaction to paypal and they have the address where it will be delivered to. I will be adding their charges to the total amount i will be paying you,the pick up agent head quarters is in the Malaysia and all commission payments made for pick up, from anywhere in the world is sent to their head quarters in the Malaysia and the only form of payments they accept is western union money transfer i would need you to help me transfer their charges to my shippers via western union once you get my payment confirmation.

Thanks

That's when the alarm bells went off. I'd heard to western union scams before so I replied again, saying that I will not be sending any money to third parties and that I'd only deal with him. And he sent an email titled "Payment Sent":

Hello....I just want to inform you that i have just completed the payment and i hope you must have been notified in your email about the payment i made through PayPal, you can check your INBOX/SPAM e-mail for confirmation of payment, I have just make the payment of $4,200...I have decided to add the amount of $700 which i paid through paypal, So please i will like you to help me wire the sum of $600 to my agent via western union so he can be able to come for the pick up and also paypal said they won't release the funds until they get the western union information from you due to the fact that i emailed them about the excess payment i made.i will need you to send the $600 to my pick up agent Headquarters where they normally confirm any commission payment to via western union money transfer(this can be done from the post office,or online at www.westernunion.com) as they usually have a western union agent there) , i added extra $100 to cover the western union charges which shouldn't be more that $50-70 but just to be sure i added $100, Here is my pick up agent Headquarter info needed to get the money sent through western union money transfer

Address: Jalan Tun Ismail 1
City: Kuantan
State: Kuala Lumpur
Zip Code: 25200

Please kindly email the necessary details to paypal :the mtcn which you will be given at the western union after the $600 has been sent as well as the sender's name and address used to send the money through western union,so i can forward it to paypal or better still you can email it to paypal directly.....Nathan

To me, this whole thing was just a load of bullshit. After that second email, I did not think for a second any of this was legit. But hey, smart people can fall for scams too so here's a warning for you all not to send money to this guy.
#162295 by warriorsage Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:52 am
Same person scam

this guy is freaking :twisted:
======

I just want to inform you that i have completed the payment,i hope you must have been notified in your email about the payment i made through PayPal, you can check your e-mail spam and other folders for confirmation of payment,i made the travel agent fee to you in other to be charge low transaction fee,instead of making it two transaction,I have just make the payment of $2,900 for the rent and i have decided to add the amount of $900 which i paid through PayPal,So please i will like you to help me wire the sum of $800 to the travel agent via western union so he can be able to schedule my daughter flight and also PayPal said they won't release the funds until they get the western union information from you,i will need you to send the $800 to Travel agent via western union money transfer(this can be done from the post office,or online at (www.westernunion.com)as they usually have a western union agent there) , i added extra $100 to cover the western union charges Here is the agent info needed to get the money sent through western union money transfer.here is the travel agent details below......

45jalan bp bandar buckit puchong 2,
City: puchong
State:selangor
Zip Code: 45100

Please kindly email the necessary details to paypal :the MTCN which will be given to you at the western union after the $800 has been sent as well as the sender's name and address used to send the money through western union,so i can forward it to the Travel agent.
Thanks

On Sat, Apr 13, 2013 at 1:57 AM, Williams Mongan <[email protected]> wrote:

Hello xxx,
I was just about to make the payment when i had this little problem with my travel agent,i just got an email from him that i have to balance him $800 for my daughter flight ticket in Malaysia Airline and the only form of payment they accept is western union money transfer and i tired to pay it online but i will need my credit card which i didn't bring along to the sea,and there is no post office(there is usually a western union section in most post offices) or any western union agent offshore!so i have to ask you to help me with my daughter flight fee.i will be sending two month rent fee,so i will include the $800 balance to the payment i will be making through paypal to your account for her flight ticket,please just try to help me by sending the travel agent fee,i never know this will come up,and Vivian is now planning to arrive on the 18th of April.After i have made the payment and it has been confirmed by paypal,i will need you to help me to send the $800 to my travel agent through western union money transfer,the western union money transfer can be made at any post office near to you or any western union office,there is always a western union agent in most post offices or online at www.westernunion.com. i will be making the payment shortly and i will email you as soon as it has been done.
Thanks