Check Scams, Debt Collection scams and other financial scams.
#24154 by Arnold Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:20 pm
The credit card details used will have been stolen, which the scammer hopes you will not find out until after you have sent the payment via Western Union. I can't imagine any travel agency not accepting credit or debit cards.
As always, never pay anyone you don't know personally by Western Union or Moneygram.

This particular scammer is also selling imaginary puppies, and offering fake jobs as secret shoppers.
Subject: ROOM RESERVATION

HELLO RESERVATION DESK,

I WILL LIKE TO KNOW IF YOU CAN OFFER 4 OF MY GUESTS ACCOMODATION AT YOUR PLACE FROM THE DATES BELOW.

ROOM TYPE: 1 DOUBLE ROOM AND 2 SINGLE ROOMS
ROOMS CHECK IN: 20/09/2010
CHECK OUT: 5/10/2010

Mr Vincenzo generoso & Mrs Joyce kennedy................DOUBLE ROOMS
Master mark ralwson ............SINGLE ROOM
Miss any umbolicsa................SINGLE ROOM

KINDLY CONFIRM IF YOU HAVE AVAILABLE ROOMS AND ALSO CAN YOU CONFIRM IF YOUACCEPT VISA AND MASTER CREDIT CARDS FOR PAYMENTS FOR THE ACCOMODATION.

WARM REGARDS,
JAMES COLLINS
Get back to me at [email protected]

Hello ,

Thanks for the bookings & confirmations .The total cost of the accommodation is quite okay by me and I'm ready to pay the bills. Also want you to help me Charge another 3500 Euros to a travel agent who has issued my guests air flight ticket to your hotel.

The 3500 Euros that will be sent to the agent is for the ticket fare for my guests which will be deduct from my credit card.Also, i'm compensating you with the sum of 500 Euros for the transfer fee and for your efforts. Please note that i should have given the travel agency my credit card for him to deduct the ticket funds but he told me that he doesn't have the facilities to charge or debit credit card , so that's why i bring my vote of confidence in you and i dont want you to betray the vote of confidence i put in you so i want you to transfer the funds to him after the money charge from my credit card has reflect in your account you can now make the transfer to the agent via western union. So, the charges you'll make on my credit card will be:

Accommodation fee: 1.600 Euros
Agent fee with shipping fare 3500 Euros
Commission 500 Euros

Note that my credit card will be charged for the amounts above. Please do get back to me if you are in the office right now so that i can forward my credit card details to you , then you can charge full amount and transfer the agent funds to him via western union

Kind regards.
James

Advertisement