Check Scams, Debt Collection scams and other financial scams.
#152915 by carbon37 Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:20 pm
Note that Hamilton Davis Group have a good looking web site but the address they give in London is false and does not exist.
They sold 'shares' in Solamon Energy Crop which appear to be worthless but So0lamon themselves are not being helpful in this either
Advertisement

#152919 by TerranceBoyce Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:50 pm
Holy shmolies :shock:

Applicable law and jurisdiction

These terms (and any dispute, controversy, proceedings or claim of whatever nature arising out of or in any way relating to them or their formation) shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with Switzerlandian law and, for these purposes, the parties irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of Switzerlandian courts.

:=)

Need I look any deeper ? Just for evil fun maybe I will.

Dang - the FSA have spoiled my fun. :cry:

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/static/pages/doing/regulated/law/pdf/hamilton-davis-group.pdf

We (the Financial Services Authority – FSA) have published this statement today in order to warn investors against dealing with unauthorised firms.

This statement is to advise members of the public that an organisation identifying itself to UK individuals as:

Hamilton Davis Group
30 Sandland Street Holborn
London
WC1R 4PZ

And

11 Gutleutstraße
Frankfurt am Main

Tel: +44 (0)845 075 5862
+44 (0)845 075 5864

Email: [email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

is not authorised under the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 (FSMA) to carry on a regulated activity in the UK. Regulated activities include, amongst other things, advising on investments and dealing and arranging deals in investments ('investments' include stocks and shares). We believe that the organisation may be targeting UK customers.

They don't appear to be registered as a company in Germany or Switzerland either and, if they can't make Switzerland into an adjective they should choose an easier country, like Mozambique. :D

You might be interested in comments made on a website called 'piffedconsumer' (I've altered two letters to avoid getting modded) about the company they were offering investments in.

CAR ADVERTS - If a car seller mentions escrow - he's scamming you Never ever for any reason pay anything until you have seen and inspected the vehicle
#165551 by carbon37 Mon May 13, 2013 11:21 am
They are still at it. Beware Hamilton Davis Group with false Holborn address on web site.

Mod note: Merged - CW