Check Scams, Debt Collection scams and other financial scams.
#171795 by chburnell Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:55 pm
Hello, I would like to report a similar scam coming from Japan.

On 16 Jul 2013, at 08:59, Frank Naoki <[email protected]> wrote:

Hello Sales,

I am interested in purchasing some of your products, I will like to know if you can ship directly to Japan, I also want you to know my mode of payment for this order is via credit card (Issued US master and visa card).

Get back to me if you can ship to that destination and also if you accept the payment type I indicated. Kindly return this email with your Website.

Await a your quick response to the question/inquiry so as to forward you the purchase needed immediately.

Kind Regards.

Frank Naoki

Elia suppliers Co, Ltd.
Shinagawa Crystal Square
6-44 Konan 1-chome
Minato-ku
Tokyo[108-8506]

Tel :- (072)709-8660
Fax:- (072)728-1139

After much discussion about how he could not use our online store and how he could not use Paypal, he sent this email and we suspected we were being scammed. The previous posting on this website helped us figure it out.

Thanks for the total quote of my order .The total cost of my order is quite correct and okay by me and I'm ready to pay the bills send me an invoice via email and i will email you my Credit Card . Also want you to help me Charge another $750 to a shipping agent who is going to pick up my ordered items from you. The $750 that will be sent to the shipping agent is for the shipping which will be deduct from my credit card.Also, I'm compensating you with the sum of $200 for the transfer fee and for your efforts. Please note that i should have given the shipping agency my credit card for him to deduct the shipping funds but he told me that he doesn't have the facilities to charge or debit credit card ,so that's why i bring my vote of confidence in you and i don't want you to betray the vote of confidence i put in you, so i want you to transfer the funds to him after you have make the charges and the money charged from my credit card is in your account,then you can now make the transfer to the agent via western union.i will have love to do this my self but there no western union here around me,So the charges you'll make on my credit card will be:

Order Fee ( $ 2,599.00 )
Agent fee with shipping fare ($750)
Transfer Fee plus Your Compensation ($200)
Total:($3549)

Note that my credit card will be charged for the amounts above . Please do get back to me if you are in the office right now so that i can forward my credit card details to you , then you can charge full amount and transfer the agent funds to him via western union.

I await your email

Frank

Hope this helps. We were excited for the large order. We ignored several clues along the way. Be safe on the internet.
Last edited by Bryon Williams on Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Added quotations.
Advertisement