Check Scams, Debt Collection scams and other financial scams.
#25887 by Chris Fuller Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:03 pm
This is not a genuine booking request, but an overpayment scam. The scammer, using stolen credit card details, will pay more money than necessary for the accommodation, and ask the hotel or guest house to forward the excess to a fake business employee or other individual - this will either be himself, using a different name, or one of his colleagues.

You will notice that the scammer refers to the hotel or guest house, not by name, but as 'your place'. This is because he has sent identical emails to a large number of different hotels and guest houses.

Date: 8 Apr 2010
Subject: Booking Request !!!

Warmly greeting from Ashcorn Technology Limited
I will like to make reservation for my client coming to your place and i want them to stay with you in your Place,so below is the details you need to make the reservation for them.
Check in : C/I 15th June 2010
Check Out: C/O 20th June 2010
Room Type: 3 Double room
Guest Name : MR & MRS Solon Ann
MR & MRS Bailey Louise
MR & MRS Micheal Smith
I will like you to give me final quote of the reservation so i can send you my client credit card details for you to charge the full amount prior arrival. Also note i need the full amount in USD ($) for me to make proper arrangement and payment.
I will be waiting for your urgent response concerning the availability and fare .
Best Regard
Greg Steven
Reservation Manager.
Advertisement