Check Scams, Debt Collection scams and other financial scams.
#26881 by BenS Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:42 pm
I got this mail from a friend of me in Philippines. They are using his mailaddress and name, so it looks quite original. I called him before and he assured me he was safe in the Philippines.........

Subject: Please help me soon.
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2010 09:32:32 +0000

I am in hurry writing you this message and i hope you get it on time, sorry I didn't inform you about my trip in Malaysia for a Program called "Empowering Youth to Fight Racism, HIV/AIDS, Poverty and Lack of Education. The program is taking place in three major countries in Asia, which are Taiwan, Singapore and Malaysia. It has been a very sad and bad moment for me here, the present condition that i found myself is very hard for me to explain. I am really stranded here in Malaysia because I misplaced my little bag on my way to the hotel where my money, cell phone which i have all my contacts and other valuable things were kept. Presently I have limited access to internet, I will like you to assist me urgently with a soft loan of $2,800 USD to sort-out my hotel bills and to get myself back home. I have spoken to the embassy here but they are not responding to the matter effectively, I will appreciate whatever you can afford to assist me with, I'll Ref! und the money back to you as soon as i get home without any delay. So please use the details below to send the money to me through Western Union money transfer or money gram because that is the only way i could be able to get it fast and leave. These are the details below.....

Name: Jacques Derksen
Address: 2, Jalan Usahawan Seksyen, Bander Melaka, Malaysia

After you have send the money, email to me the western union money transfer control number or you can attach and forward to me the western union money transfer receipt so that i can pick up the money fast and leave.

Thanks and get back to me soon.

God bles.

Fr. Jacques
Last edited by BenS on Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Advertisement

#26907 by Ralph Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:55 pm
Hi Ben

Thank you for posting.

The email address listed above, is that your friend's email address, I am presuming that your friend has regained control of it now and has changed his password to keep the scammers from using his email address any more, that being the case, it would be best to remove his email address from your post, if the scammer is no longer using it there would be no benefit in keeping it posted and it will save him from being spammed further.

The content of the email however will help to prevent others from being scammed, well done.