Check Scams, Debt Collection scams and other financial scams.
#28511 by David Jansen Thu May 13, 2010 3:54 pm
The following appears to be a phishing scam of some sort. It starts with the scammer telling you that there has been send $5000 to you, without the scammer even knowing your name, but to get it you need to get on a webpage where you need to fill in your western union card details. Don't fall for this scam as there will be never send any money to you.

Sent: Wednesday, March 10, 2010 3:40 AM
Subject: Go To The WesternUnion And Pick Up Your Money Now

Attn Friend:

How are you today? I write to inform you that we have already sent you ($2.5millions) two millions five hundred thousand united state dollars through Western union as we have been given the mandate to transfer your full compensation payment total sum of ($5,000) via western union by this governemnt.

I was calling your telephone number to give you the information through phone but it was on voice mail throughout that yesterday even this morning.Now, I decided to email you the MTCN and sender name so that you will pick up this $5,000 to enable us send another $5,000 today as you know we will be sending you only $5,000 per day.

Please pick up this information and run to western union to pick up the money and call me back to send you another payment today,My direct phone line is +2347084057043, Manager Mr. Mark Roy. Email ([email protected] ) call or email me once you pick up this $5,000

today.

Here is the western union information to pick up the $5,000:

MTCN :4932287123

Sender's Name: Rodrigue Hodonou

Text Question: GOD

Answer: ABLE

Amount:$5,000

I am waiting for your call once you pick up this($5,000)Please email me your direct telephone number because I need to be calling you once we send any payment for the informations.

Remain Bless Management of Fedral Western Union Nigeria.

Regards to you and your family ,

Thanks and be bless.

[email protected]

Telephone Number.+234-708-405-7043

Mr Mark Roy.

Being a victim doesn't mean you stand alone. We're here to help you.
Advertisement