Check Scams, Debt Collection scams and other financial scams.
#29463 by Jillian Thu May 27, 2010 11:31 pm
This is a debt collection scam email. The scammer will play all roles and send a fraudulent check for the supposed settlement.

Note that the scammer sent this to a ScamWarners email address but thinks he's targetting a law firm. Bad move on his part. :lol:

To: [email protected]
Subject: Your Legal Services is Needed.
Reply-To: [email protected]

Dear Counsel.

My name is Ms. Sarah Moore I am contacting your firm in regards to a divorce settlement with my ex Husband (Paul Moore) who resides in your jurisdiction. I am currently on assignment in Asia. We had an out of court agreement for him to pay $548,450.00 plus legal fees. He has only paid me $144,000 since I am hereby seeking your firm to represent me in collecting the balance from him.

He has agreed already to pay me the balance but it is my belief that a Law firm like yours is needed to help me collect payment from my ex-Husband or litigate this matter if he fails to pay as promised. Please reply me via this E-mail: [email protected]

Sincerely,
Ms. Sarah Moore.

Have you sent a payment to a scammer with Western Union and now realize it's a scam? If the payment has not been picked up, you can cancel it immediately! 1-800-448-1492

Follow ScamWarners on Twitter: http://twitter.com/ScamWarners
Advertisement

#36050 by Noldo Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:59 am
Our law firm recently received practically the same inquiry, but it at least seemed to be sent by using online inquiry form from www.legalmenu.com

-------------------------------------------------------------
Inquiry for [name of the company removed] from Legalmenu
-------------------------------------------------------------
Sender : Sharon Lee

E-mail : [email protected]

My name is Sharon Lee, presently studying in my home country in China. I was married to Mr. Donald Lee but separated. Now, I am contacting you personally or your law firm in regards to a divorce settlement agreement with my ex-husband who is from your jurisdiction. Now, we had an out of court settlement agreement for him to pay me the sum of Euro 495,850.00 plus legal fees. But unfortunately he has only paid me Euro 55,000 since then. I am seeking your assistance as a lawyer to represent me in the collection of the balance from him. Now that he has agreed according to the out of court divorce settlement agreement to pay me the balance, it is my belief that a lawyer of your caliber is capable to represent me and help me collect this payment from my ex-husband or litigate this matter if he fails to pay as promised. Although, am sure he does not want court litigation taken against him that is why I believe he can not afford to fail to pay the complete settlement now.

I look forward to your quick response ASAP. Kindly forward your reply to [email protected]

Sincerely
Ms. Sharon Lee

The Sender sent this e-mail to you by using Legalmenu Inquiry Form at:www.legalmenu.com.
#36102 by Arnold Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:51 am
Welcome to Scamwarners.
Domain Name: LEGALMENU.COM

Registrant:
levent yarali
levent yarali -(103544) ()
Ciragan Cad., 73/5, Besiktas
istanbul

Creation Date: 03-Jan-2007
Expiration Date: 03-Jan-2012

Is your firm listed on Legalmenu?

#36122 by Dotti Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:37 am
Welcome Noldo,

While the majority of these scammers send out mass BCC emails because it is faster and easier, we do see a few scammers who take the extra step to approach victims from channels that make them look more legitimate. For example, scammers targeting business owners may occasionally join b2b groups and approach potential victims through the groups, or scammers may join and approach through other special interest groups.

In the end, though the route of approach is different, the scam remains the same.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.