If you have received a warning from someone claiming to be a ScamWarner and want to check if it is genuine, please ask here.
#3593 by Ralph Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:19 am
I am a fairly average Aussie with an unusual hobby, my hobby is to find information on internet scammers and their victims then take action to prevent innocent victims from suffering further loss. Like the others here, I am a volunteer, I recieve no payment and will never ask you to send me money, the best reward you could give is a simple thank you and the knowledge that you will not be sending your money to scammers.

I send out many emails to people all over the world warning about scams and I also make phone calls to other Aussies as required

Sometimes our information is quite vague while other times it is very specific, if for whatever reason you have doubted my warning please ask, there are very few cases where we cant prove our claims with a little help from you.

We gather information in a variety ways, when possible we will tell you how the information was gathered but in many instances that information could ruin ongoing research and lead to victims not being identified so please understand if we have not been able to provide as much detail as you would like.

It is unfortunate but we cant get to everybody in time, if you have sent money already, with your help we may be able to prevent you losing any more but we can NOT retrieve your money that has already been sent and those who say they can retrieve your money are generally trying to scam you.

The people who perpetrate these crimes are dangerous criminals and they are not very happy to find that we have ruined their plans of lining their pockets with your hard earned cash, therefore I will provide very little information about myself as sometimes those who we warn pass on our details which could endanger me, an unnecessary risk I am not willing to take.

Please do not pass on details of my communication with you to the scammer or anybody else who is associated with him such as banks, lawyers, doctors, reverends or relatives of the person/s involved. You may if you wish pass any correspondance onto your friends or local police who should be able to verify my claims.

Feel free to email me or send me a PM here if you have any specific questions and I will do do my best to answer them for you.

Or if you just want to say Hi, you can do so here, I get a kick out of that too, at least I will if somebody says "HI" :wink:
Advertisement

#3597 by ChrisSmith Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:45 am
errr.... Hi?

:lol:

#3601 by Ralph Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:24 pm
Thanks Chris, it does work, :lol:

Hi :laugh-s:
#6236 by Ralph Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:49 am
Recently I have been asked if I could recieve phone calls from Aussies who would like some quick answers to their questions, due to popular demand I have set myself up with a phone number that can be used to call me.

If you would like to call, please keep in mind that I do have a normal job and a life outside of my work here so there will be times that the phone will not answer, please dont try to me leave me a message, I will not get it, also note that I will not return missed calls so please dont ring and wait for me to ring you back as it may be a very long wait :wink:
If you can email or PM me before hand I will provide you with the number and a suitable time to call, which will save everybody concerned time and money on calls

While your waiting, if you need urgent advice, post in the forum, we have many people here who will be able to give you scam related advice quite quickly
#6387 by bellasmart Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:44 am
Hi ralph , I've email you a copy of Edwin williams picture, Thanks for your help and I'm glad I found this site. :oh-joy:
#6780 by lostitall Sat Jan 10, 2009 7:11 am
Hi Ralph - I really appreciated the response from you, Holly and Jillian. I have to draw a line under the whole matter but it's not easy to do so. I have suggested to the dating website (Friends Reunited Dating) that they put a health warning on the site but have had no response, other than to say they would keep David Berg's information on the site but would not forward any contacts. The reason for this was so as not to alert him/them.

Ralph wrote:I am a fairly average Aussie with an unusual hobby, my hobby is to find information on internet scammers and their victims then take action to prevent innocent victims from suffering further loss. Like the others here, I am a volunteer, I recieve no payment and will never ask you to send me money, the best reward you could give is a simple thank you and the knowledge that you will not be sending your money to scammers.

I send out many emails to people all over the world warning about scams and I also make phone calls to other Aussies as required

Sometimes our information is quite vague while other times it is very specific, if for whatever reason you have doubted my warning please ask, there are very few cases where we cant prove our claims with a little help from you.

We gather information in a variety ways, when possible we will tell you how the information was gathered but in many instances that information could ruin ongoing research and lead to victims not being identified so please understand if we have not been able to provide as much detail as you would like.

It is unfortunate but we cant get to everybody in time, if you have sent money already, with your help we may be able to prevent you losing any more but we can NOT retrieve your money that has already been sent and those who say they can retrieve your money are generally trying to scam you.

The people who perpetrate these crimes are dangerous criminals and they are not very happy to find that we have ruined their plans of lining their pockets with your hard earned cash, therefore I will provide very little information about myself as sometimes those who we warn pass on our details which could endanger me, an unnecessary risk I am not willing to take.

Please do not pass on details of my communication with you to the scammer or anybody else who is associated with him such as banks, lawyers, doctors, reverends or relatives of the person/s involved. You may if you wish pass any correspondance onto your friends or local police who should be able to verify my claims.

Feel free to email me or send me a PM here if you have any specific questions and I will do do my best to answer them for you.

Or if you just want to say Hi, you can do so here, I get a kick out of that too, at least I will if somebody says "HI" :wink:
#6783 by Ralph Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:35 am
Thanks for the kind words.

I am glad we could help.

As to the profile on the dating site, reporting profiles can have mixed effects and it is something that I dont discourage but I also dont recommend it, if the profile is removed the scammer will simply create a new one and be up and running in about 10 minutes or he will spend more time monitoring one of his other profiles on a different site, having their profiles closed does little to slow them down and in some ways may inadvertantly help them, while their profile details are posted publicly there is a chance that somebody may find them if they happen to do some searches, if the profile is removed the chances of finding the information is lessened.

In some cases the scammer may have some potential victims on the hook on the dating site but generally speaking that will not be the case for long, a romance scammer will try to lure his victims away from the dating site as soon as they can so saving people from being scammed by reporting profiles is often a waste of time

Reporting the scam activity to the dating site can be met with a variety of responses, some sites are very proactive in reducing scammers while others seem to actively help them, after a while you will notice which sites are good and bad but so long as you look out for the warning signs and never send money to anybody you meet on line you will stay safe.

If ever there are doubts, feel free to ask
#8176 by Legit LA Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:49 pm
Ralph,

I completely understand your skepticism and have no problem with that. Some of the victims went the route of calling the Novi Police Dept. first before they actually contacted me. The good news is that Godaddy shut down the website and the domain is locked and inactive until it expires. Thank you

Jackie
#8178 by Arnold Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:49 pm
I think you may have misread the above message. We fully agree with shutting down scammers' websites. Ralph was talking about fake profiles on genuine dating websites.
As he said, a scammer can set up a new one in minutes, and if he's grooming a victim, the victim might not even notice the profile has gone.

#9498 by MGina Thu May 07, 2009 4:24 pm
Live Jesus Christ,

I was just checking if you found out if they are one and the Same person as you said it might be. you said you'd get back to me in a few [email protected] [email protected]. I am using my work Email xxxxxxxxx -removed -Jillian

Gina
#10155 by cantik Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:27 am
Hi Ralph,
This is me cantik.
Please, could you take out subject of John Ned from this forum?
Regards,
Cantik
#10200 by Charles Fox Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:22 am
Ralph's not here right now. John Ned is a lying scammer, who tells your friend he's in London when we know he's in Nigeria. If he's told your friend he is really a legitimate businessman he's still a liar, so no, we wont take his name off the board.

By the way, you say he can't be a scammer becuse his name's not on the internet - these lads change their name quicker than we can change clothes - its not his real name at all.

Wow! I need you and thank you for the information.

I am SO GLAD YOU BURST MY BUBBLE

So I can close this chapter with no more fretting, right? Thanks so much for your help.
#10202 by Ralph Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:39 am
Thank you Charles for taking the time to reply.

Cantik, as suggested by Charles, the man is a thief and liar and he will never stop stealing from you

This is what I posted in the other thread

Cantik,

I am so sorry for what this man has done to you, I dont knowwhat lies he has told you or if he has threatened you, but I do know that he is definately a scammer.

Has he told you he has money and needs help or perhaps he has suggested that he is in some kind of trouble and needs your help, whatever it is, it is all lies, he has tried the same lies on one of our other members, he doesn't love you, you need only go back a few posts to where he says "YOU BOTH WILL BURN IN HELL FOR TARNISHING MY NAME."
This same person uses many identities to scam people just like you, he will have a variety of names and identities that he uses and they are all fake.

This is a Nigerian man, lives and operates from Lagos Nigeria, he does not travel the world, he is not from the UK, he is a Nigerian, we can show you countless others who do the same.

He is scamming you and he will continue to scam you until you stop replying to him

Wait and see, he will need even more money for yet another lie, they will never stop and he will send you nothing but lies, hurt and grief, please, stop trusting him before he hurts you even more
#11293 by era1956 Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:29 pm
Good morning from the Philippines Ralph. Thanks for people like you who inform us and make us aware of the dangers from scammers in the internet. Just got this message from my skype chat box just this morning..hope it helps better inform the others to watch out. More power.

[8:54:38 AM] SKYPE LOTTERY INTL INC: SKYPE LOTTERY INTL INC
Ref Number: SKYPE/938/16496
Dear Internet User,

We are happy to announce to you that your Skype ID have won US$2,000,000.00 (Two Million US Dollars). You were selected among the 10 (Ten) lucky winners during the internet ballot draw of the SKYPE LOTTERY INTL INC. You are advised to contact the claim department immediately with the below information for the release of your prize money:

Mr : Nelson Dandala.
Tel : +44 703 199 2579
Emai: [email protected]
[email protected]

International prize Department,
CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Yours Faithfully,
Skype Int.
Claim Cordinating Office.
#11311 by The Enchantress Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:45 am
Welcome to Scamwarners era1956.

Thank You for posting this information on this scam. It will alert and save others being scammed.

See this Scamwarners report here;

http://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2726&p=10452&hilit=skype#p10452

Photos - are scammers using yours? click here
Are you falling for a love scammer? click here
Never send money by Western Union/Moneygram.
Never give personal information.
Online anyone can claim to be anyone, any age and from anywhere.