Scams offering fake Au Pair positions
#103819 by beever84 Tue May 22, 2012 5:53 pm
I have seen this message on many other emails so I thought I would share it with you, I'm pretty certain it is a scam!

Hi dear, I am Mrs Mary Morgan, 36 Years Old from United State of America. Am writing you on behalf of the whole family (me, my husband and our 2 child) and here is a bit about us. Our family do not like to judge a book by the cover or take gossip to determine who will be around. We always try to stay positive and find the best in anyone or any situation including the worst ones. I work as a sales manager for walmart. Due to the nature of my work, am not always around. I will thereby be in need of your service as a nanny for my kids. I will appreciate your response to know if you are interested

Thanks

Mary
Advertisement

#104379 by Chris Fuller Fri May 25, 2012 4:46 am
Thank you for posting this - yes, it is a scam. Although some scammers use original sentences in their emails, many other scammers copy-and-paste sentences from other scam mails. Therefore, it is worthwhile googling a few sentences from a potential host family's introductory emails. A scammer may use original words, but a genuine family will not send an email copied and pasted from a scam mail!