Has someone offered you a huge sum of money or a valuable consignment? It's a 419 or advance fee fraud - find out how they work, and what to do to be safe.
#10623 by godseed Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:46 am
I hate those who use this kind of formats :evil:

Reply to: [email protected]
Subject: CLASSIFIED
IP: 77.70.128.211 - Nigeria

Note that the message is for... nobody :lol:
This scammer left "...". This shows the message was sent to a lot of people at the same time, as is it unpersonal.

Attn...

I am Peter Swiss of the US Marine Force on Monitoring and Peace –keeping mission in Baghdad-Iraq. I am from Gretna ( New Orleans ), I got your contact from the US chamber of commerce online and I am contacting you after a random selection of so many contact addresses I found online.

On the 26th day of may 2009, we were alerted on the sudden presence of some Terrorists camping in a suburb not too far from Kabala here in Iraq . After Immediate intervention, we captured three (3) of the Terrorists, twenty-six (26) were killed leaving seven (7) injured.

In the process of torture they confessed being rebels for the late Aymanal Zawahiri and took us to a cave in Kabala which served as their camp. At their camp we recovered several guns, bombs and other Ammunition's including some boxes among which two contained nuclear weapons, one filled with hard drugs(cocaine)and the other one to my amazement after I and two of my junior intelligent officers counted themcontained some US Dollars amounting to 25.9M.

I however instructed them to keep this in high secrecy, after which i gave them $5.9m as their cut in the deal, thereby leaving me with a round figure of $20m.

I am in keen need of a “Reliable and Trustworthy” person like you who would receive, secure and protect this box containing the US Dollars for me up Until my assignment elapses here in Iraq .

I assure and promise to give you 10% of this fund, however feel free to negotiate what you wish to have as your percentage in this business. Please assure me of your keeping this top most secret to protect my job with the US Marines.

Contact me through my personal email at ([email protected]) so as to maintain the confidentiality of this deal :

i await your reply in great anticipation.

Kind Regards

Peter Swiss

If it seems too good to be true, it probably is...
Advertisement

#10629 by The Enchantress Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:17 pm
I have uncovered this very similarly worded scam dated - November 2006.

United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) Street Address: Building No. 153, Street No. 13 Area 102, Hay Abi Nawas, P.O. Box 2048 (Alwiyah), Baghdad Iraq.

Hello Sir/Madam ,

With a very desperate need for assistance, I have summed up courage to contact you. I found your contact particulars in an address journal. I am in search for a credible private individual, organization or a reliable company overseas, for joint business venture.
I am Group Captain Frank Woods of the UN on Monitoring and Peace keeping mission in Baghdad-Iraq.On the 20th day of November 2006, we were alerted on the sudden presence of some Terrorists camping in a suburb not too far from Kabala here in Iraq .
After immediate intervention, we captured three (3) of the Terrorists, twenty-six (26) were killed leaving seven (7) injured.
In the process of enquiry they confessed being rebels for late Ayman al-Zawahiri and took us to a cave in Kabala which served as their camp. Here we recovered several guns, bombs and other Ammunitions including some boxes among which two contains suspected nuclear weapons, one filled with hard drugs (cocaine) and the other four to my amazement contain some US Dollars amounting to $10.2Million. After I and two of my junior intelligent officers counted them, I however instructed them to keep this in high secrecy.
I am in keen need of a Reliable and "Trustworthy person who would receive, secure and protect these boxes
containing the US Dollars for me until my assignment elapses here in Iraq . I assure and promise you will not regret this deal. However feel free to negotiate what you wish to have as your percentage in this business. Assure me of you keeping this in utmost secrecy to protect my job with the UN Monitoring and Peace-Keeping mission. I will be waiting to hear from you as soon as possible to proceed.
If you are interested to work with me in good faith and honesty, get back to me. Endeavor to let me know your
decision rather than keeping me waiting. Please provide me with your information:
Your Full Name, Home Address, Office Address,
Telephone and Fax Number:

Thanks in anticipation of a favorable response.

Sincere regards,
Group Captain Frank Woods
Email.... [email protected]

Photos - are scammers using yours? click here
Are you falling for a love scammer? click here
Never send money by Western Union/Moneygram.
Never give personal information.
Online anyone can claim to be anyone, any age and from anywhere.
#10638 by Ralph Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:19 pm
here is another much simpler version of the same scam

----- Forwarded Message ----
Sent: very recently
Subject: (no subject)

Hello,

I'm Mark Kennedy of the 4th Infantry Division, currently serving in Iraq.
I need your help in moving $29 million out of Iraq. If everything goes as planned, you get to keep 30% of the funds. I'm not asking you to do anything illegal and you don't have to pay me any fees.

If you're interested, write me on my private email: [email protected] for details.

Best regards,

Mark Kennedy

A few things of note;
They want you to think that a US soldier taking $29 million from Iraq is not illegal, how could it not be

Next thing is that they say "if everything goes as planned" if everything goes as they have planned, you will be out of pocket by the end of the week and completely broke with the rest of your friends who you have borrowed from by the end of the year.

"You dont have to pay "him" any fees", perhaps not, but you will have to pay somebody, perhaps a courier, lawyer or dimplomat, they are all the same person or group, the multiple charactors involved are to make it seem more believable

This money simply does not exist, dont fall for it
#10677 by Ralph Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:23 am
Here is another US Soldier scam

----- Forwarded Message ----
Sent: today
Subject: Respond Asap

I am SGT Jones, with the US Army in Iraq, we have 20 Million USD and we want to move it out, your share will be 8 million USD, please respond for complete detail.

Your Buddy.
SGT Joey Jones.