Information on romance scams and scammers.
#107047 by AlanJones Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:00 am
This scammer claims to be the US general, Gen James David Thurman.

He approaches his victims via Skype, using the ID gen.james.david.thurman.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
Advertisement

#107775 by AlanJones Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:08 am
Emails from this scammer originate from

ipTRACKERonline.com wrote:Header Analysis Quick Report
Originating IP: 41.190.90.59
Originating ISP: Zain Communications Ltd
City: Accra
Country of Origin: Ghana
* For a complete report on this email header goto ipTRACKERonline

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#108620 by AlanJones Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:23 am
The scammer also asks his victims to contact a bank in Ghana to arrange for the transfer of money to their account.

The fake bank use the email address [email protected] and send the following, because their previous fake domain [email protected] was shut down.

We the management of Ghana Commercial Bank wish to inform you of our new development in regards, of upgarding of our email domain. Thus, you are communicate with us through the email and you should respond back in order for the money been transfer to your account in Xxx.

We for your urgent reply soo.

With best regards,

Mr. Thompson Ayigbe

And a further response from the bank

Thanks for your urgent reply, our bank information's has already forwarded to you by Gen. James David Thurman in Afghanistan who deposited this fund with the management of our bank.

So please Gen. Jamse will made you understand about it soon.

I hope to hear from you soon.

With best regards,

Mr. Thompson Ayigbe

BANK NAME:.... GHANA COMMERCIAL BANK (GHANA) LIMITED, NUNGUA BRANCH
BANK ADDRESS:...Ground Floor, GCB Tower Kwame Nkrumah Avenue, P.O. Box 134, Accra Ghana.
CONTACT PERSON:.... Mr. Thompson Ayigbe, Manager Foriegn and Public Relations Department.
Email: [email protected]
Phone: +233 (0) 3027 20203
CELL: +233543662433

#108644 by AlanJones Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:58 am
The scammer also used a fake barrister as part of the scam, using the email address [email protected].

I am Barr. Johnson J. Mills LLB. HONS, brother to the president republic of Ghana, a United Nations Attorney for African Refugees and legal adviser to the Ghana Commercial Bank Limited, Accra Ghana.
I have been mandated to handle your transaction worths US$6,000,000 (Six Millions United States Dollars) with the management of the Ghana Commercial Bank Limited, which can be transfer to you immediately.
This said fund belongs to Gen. James Davis Thurman US Army in Afghanistan, and you are his partner and beneficiary of this above mentioned amount of fund.

Please forward to me the following items in order for me to secure the Money Laundering Certficate under your name as the receiver of the fund:

1) Full names
2) Addresss and mobile Telephone number.
3) copy of your Identity Card

With the information's i can then go to the Ministry of Finance to aplly for the said document.

I wait for your urgent reply soon.

Regards,

Barr. Johnson J. Mills LLB. HONS
United Nations Senior Advocate.
PMB CT 179, Cantonments, Accra, Ghana
Suite 3, The Labone Office Park,
N. Sithole Str, Labone, Accra
Tell: +233234905977, Feel free to call me.

#108703 by AlanJones Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:19 am
Another response from the fake lawyer setting out his "fees"

Thanks so much for the answer and i have finally apply for the Money Laundering Certificate under your name, that will enable the Ghana Commercial Bank effect the transfer of the total sum US$6,000,000 (Six millions united states dollars) into your account.

Now they gave an analysis the process wherby the said document will complete issue as the following:

1) Applications form will be obtained with the sum of GHs600.
2) Processing fee of the document, required the sum of GHs4,500
3) Endorsement fee of the document by the minister of finance, requred the sum of GHs3,200.
4) Final authentication of the document by the minister of foreign afairs, requied the sum of GHs3,920 all amounting the sum of GHs12,220.00, equivalent to 5,200.74 EUR.

So these are the up date from the minister of finance in regards of the obtainable of the Money laundering certificate under your names.

I do hope to hear from soon.

Regards,

Barr. Johnson J. Mills LLB. HONS
United Nations Senior Advocate.
PMB CT 179, Cantonments, Accra, Ghana
Suite 3, The Labone Office Park,
N. Sithole Str, Labone, Accra
Tell: +233234905977,