Fake banks, couriers, law firms, escrow and other fake sites used in scams.
Advertisement

#107794 by AlanJones Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:12 am
I can't view the site bluestarexpress.net as it is blocked by my firewall as being a source of malware, so that's a red flag for a start.

A check of the WhoIs information for the domain shows that it was only registered on 27/05 for a period of 1 year, which is another red flag.

How did you pay for the item? If it was via paypal then I would get in touch with them and draw their attention to the fact that the seller appears to be using a fake courier service and ask if they can do a refund. If you paid via another means (such as Western Union), then I'm afraid that your chances of getting a refund are zero, as the money will have been collected using fake identification.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#107797 by Huske Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:21 am
I did use paypal to pay for the item but now im afraid paypal wont refund me because the courier uses a tracking service and all that seems to be working. Right now the status is in transit but maybe they will try to pull something like "delivery attempt, recepient not home" while an attempt was never made but paypal will blame it on me. I dont know.
#107799 by AlanJones Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:45 am
I think it would be worth your while contacting PayPal now and alerting them to the fact that the courier appears to be a fake, being used to scam people paying by PayPal.

If you focus on things like -
The website claims that they have been around since 2007, yet the domain was only registered in May.
There are no physical contact details on the website (I couldn't find a phone number or address, just a contact form), so how does its customers get in touch with them?
The company claims to be called "Blue Star Express Pty Ltd", there is no company registered by this name (there is a "Blue Star Express Ltd") in the UK and Pty is not used in the UK for the identification of Limited Liabilty companies.

What I would guess would happen would be that the scammers will set all the delivery trackings to say that the package has been delivered, which PapPal usually take as proof that the item has been received, making it impossible for the buyer to claim back. By the time PayPal see a trend in the courier used (if they even do so), the scammers will have withdrawn the money from the PayPal account and be long gone.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#107818 by Huske Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:17 am
I opened a dispute on paypal and tomorrow i can update it to a claim. I used the info you provided for. Hope to get my money back. Thank you for your help. Will keep you updated.
#107827 by vonpaso xlura Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:23 am
I'd like to get this fake site shut down. Could you post the emails from the seller, with headers? The headers may show that he is not actually in England, thus confirming that it's a scam.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10