Has someone offered you a huge sum of money or a valuable consignment? It's a 419 or advance fee fraud - find out how they work, and what to do to be safe.
#1087 by LadyinRed Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:04 am
Please be aware if any 'realtor' or 'resale' agent wants an upfront fee to market your time share, then it's likely a scam. A few eyars back I was trying to sell mine and thought it a good idea when I was called and told for a mere $495.00 they would sell my timeshare, yeah right

I ended up iselling it myself on eBay!

Since that time Ihave had no less than a dozen calls from 'resale' agents and those prepetuating to be 'realtors' who will for a mere $995.00 sell my timeshare for me.

I asked the man, Rick, who called me last night if he would guarantee inwriting I could get a 100% refund if it didn't sell within the promised 90 days. He of course gave me some long involved spele about it being 'processing' fees.

No legitimate agent will ask for pre-sale fees, not under ANY circumstances. I sold real estate fo rseveral years in the North Western part of the USA, and know for a fact if fees are asked for upfront, there is a 99.9% chance it is a SCAM.

Avoid ANY person tyring to market your timeshare, mobile home, condo, or any other property with an upfront fee.

it's to late to worry about yesterday and to soon to worry about tomorrow
Advertisement