Company Representative scams, Payment Processing scams and other Employment scams.
#10873 by AlanJones Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:54 am
I haven't worked out what the scam is yet, but it definitely is one, as no one legitimate would blindly email out to unknown individuals (the email was mass mailed as I received it as a BCC) looking for a house sitter. That and the fact that the sender claims to currently be in London, but the email comes from Nigeria and uses a redirect (+44 70) phone number.

Received from: JACK MARVIN <[email protected]>
Reply-to: [email protected]
Subject: currently looking for a house sitter
IP Address: 77.70.128.133 Nigeria (Owerri)
ATTN:

I am Jack Marvin an African but present living in London with my family where am currently looking for a house sitter since me and my family will be traveling to Africa(Kenya) our home country for some time that is for about 4-6months depending on our arrangement with the house sitter.

First of all I am looking for somebody that loves animals, second they would need to love nature as well.

I want responsibility and respect for my animals and my house, quiet people that like to stay home a good part of the time, that like some gardening and relaxing in a hammock under the palm trees.

What responsibilities are required of the house sitter?

-feeding the cats twice a day
-feeding the dogs twice a day
-some simple cooking for their food
-give some pills to some of them (very easy because I mix it with food)
-give water to the garden every day if it has not been raining
-some gardening
-keeping the house clean

As I live on the beautiful place in London, this could be your perfect spot to experience the beautiful place called London.A place one must not fail to be.

If you are interested quickly let me know the answer to the below question:

1.Are you available from 2nd of august,2009 when i intend to travel.
2.For how long are you ready to house sit for me since i intend to be away for 4-6months.

You can reach me at my phone number +447024080679 immediately to discuss with me.

Reply as soon as possible thanks

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
Advertisement

#11213 by raywhite Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:55 pm
I run a web based House Sitting service and we have had a couple of people try to register but our security check spotted and stopped them.

Two of them used the same phone number as mentioned above

Their email addresses are [email protected] using the name James Bolton
and [email protected] using the unlikely name of Oluchi eji mary

They both claim to be in London.

The one calling himself James Bolton also used the alternative number +447037823455

I do not know what they are attempting but we have blocked them.
#11218 by GomerPyle Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:51 pm
Holly Brown wrote:I can't figure out the angle either. :?

But this phrase caught my eye:
relaxing in a hammock under the palm trees.

In London?

It could happen :laugh-s: but it is quite an amusing thought I must admit.

It's a scam, and the mere fact that a Nigerian is using a UK redirect number to hide their location is enough.

There'll be some reason for charges, or maybe you'll be sent a counterfeit cheque and be asked to refund a portion.

I don't know what a genuine request would look like, but that isn't it.

If they use a UK telephone redirect number don't touch them.

Non-EU citizens should go here to find out about obtaining a visa to work as an au pair in the UK
http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/doineedvisa/
Whenever payment is requested by Western Union you're dealing with a scammer
#11258 by Dotti Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:32 pm
this could be your perfect spot to experience the beautiful place called London

Looks like they are aiming for somebody at a distance so they can go the "travel agent" route.

If not, it will turn into a fake check scam--they will send a deposit check to the "house sitter" and then cancel the trip due to an emergency; or a portion will need to be forwarded to the company that provides the pet food and pills.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
#11318 by Michelle Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:00 am
raywhite wrote:Their email addresses are [email protected] using the name James Bolton
and [email protected] using the unlikely name of Oluchi eji mary

My AltaEgo has dropped James a quick line showing interest.

ETA ..... I saw palm trees at London Zoo once ..they didn't have any hammocks attached though :(