Information on romance scams and scammers.
#74167 by began steele Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:40 am
Maybe you should join our Scampolice group in tagged and deliver your info and more found. I am http://www.tagged.com/ termin +alsed +uctions remove the gaps and + added for the bots not to find. We warn, collect email addresses and publish them for google bots, contact potential victims, hunt, collect photos, publish here and other sites. I hope the mods don't mind this info, we work hard to help all people learn about scams and we have 50,000 email addresses and feel we are effective. Our group has a reputation and good standing. My military scammers post couldn't happen without our members feeding me. Any info we get is widened across many sites and collected together to maximise the damage done to a scammers efforts.

We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. ~~ George Orwell.
Advertisement

#74232 by libbyanne Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:26 pm
I have family in the Aussie Army AND HE IS A COMMISSIONED OFFICER......and Take heed.... NO SOLDIERS BE IT USA OR AUSTRALIAN FORCES, ARE ALLOWED TO BE ON ANY DATING SITES IN UNIFORM IT IS AGAINIST POLICY AND NO SOLDIERS ARE ON ANY DATING SITES WHEN THEY ARE ON DEPLOYMENT / DUTY IN IRAQ OR AFGHANISTAN..... FOR SECURITY REASONS. I spoke to him after I was scammed by Snr Sgt James Edwards, to see if he could find out where he is and if he was indeed in Afghanistan. Unfortunately he was unable to obtain that information for me.
#74258 by Bubbles Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:06 am
Hi libbyanne, that list is impressive. We typically need email addresses and the first couple of emails to verify that the person named is a scammer.

We can't just have names posted with no proof. That is why Headers are also very helpful. Please don't be surprised if the list gets pulled down for lack of evidence.

Bubbles, former Scamwarners moderator.

Rest in Peace 24 June 2015.

Gone, but never forgotten.
#74342 by libbyanne Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:48 pm
If I were able to post form all the mails I would but I would fill up this site....
To:Me
Date:October 8, 2011 at 8:55pm
Subject:Re: Hey

Babe just add me on my e mail addy as [email protected] so that I can tell you more about my self there Eddy......

Date:November 1, 2011 at 2:36am
Subject:Re: Hey Tom, You have a ...

my dear it is ok your can aske me any thing your like to n ok and l love women that asked enough questions..

ok about me

My name is Thomas Wilson many call me tom . I started A & A Children Academy at 6 and later on continued from Calvary Baptist Church Schools. I was very playful at school and it affected my academic works. I joined the Military academy at the age of 16. I was in the boarding school so my parents visit me once in a while. I didn't spend much time at home. My mom was a head teacher and dad was in the medical field.
I fought in the Gulf war in 1990 to 1991. The gulf war was fought to liberate Kuwait from autocratic rule of the late Saddam. I had a pretty bad experience..
I am an E-6 Staff Sergeant (SSG). I also act as a platoon sergeant in the absence of the Sergeant First Class. I am the leader of my squad. my dear if your really like to no more about me your can send any questions your like to aske send me a message on my hotmail [email protected] ok and thank your for your messages..................

Give A GiftGive TagsFrom:Alex S
Date:November 1, 2011 at 4:51am
Subject:Re: hey kate how u doing?i ...

hey ma'am i really thank u for the reply,but ui dont understand what u talking about,i just like to know u more if u will not mind u can add me on [email protected] so we can chat,hope to hear from u .........

All of the above have the same photo ... I have deleted most of the other contacts that I have had but add to the list of US soldiers that contact me.. They must think that I am an easy mark because I gave up the money in the first instant that they are all contacting me .... even without a photo they still tell me that I have a beautiful smile and want to get to know me.....no they want to get to know my bank balance....

This Tom Wilson thinks that I am real easy mark as he now calles himself Jowell Willson that is supposely his son that is in school in Ghana...If it wasnt so sicking it would be laughable.
Last edited by Bubbles on Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Changed spacing for readability.
#74367 by Bubbles Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:27 am
Thank you for this additional information libbyanne. It helps us keep our credibility.

Bubbles, former Scamwarners moderator.

Rest in Peace 24 June 2015.

Gone, but never forgotten.
#109908 by grandma12 Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:24 am
I was just recently close to being scammed, but the man was saying his name was JAMES ANTHONY BROWN his email [email protected] he sent me several pictures and when I realized what was going on, i conducted my own search. One thing he messed up on was he forgot to erase the name on all the uniforms, and the name EDWARDS came up. I have searched for days to find the real Edwards, and i found it to be CHARLES EDWARDS, but now i came acrossed this site and i saw it was posted he likes to use Charles Edwards also..... If possible, I would like to see the pictures as to compare my notes with. BTW; "James" was claiming to be a technical sergeant in the air force, yet all the uniforms were Army...lol His scam was to help get a suitcase full of money into the states, and it was held up in another country with the delivery diplomat help up with it. Hope they are enjoying their stay, cause I refused to help!! Please contact me about the pics.... thank you!!

I just wanted to add a phone number from a man supposed to be named Tom, He was calling to inform me if i didn't help get this suitcase, that i would be in trouble also. They sent me a heart shaped necklace with a diamond in it through FTD and tried to hold that over my head. I called the number back and the same man answered, so it is a working number, and maybe you guys can find out something from it.
920-785-0317 .... hope this helps nail these people.
Last edited by grandma12 on Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#110138 by grandma12 Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:32 pm
Now that I know who the REAL mr. Edwards is, I just want 10 minutes of his time, has anyone found out how to contact him other than Myspace???? If anyone knows and don't want to post that on here ( which i could understand not putting that much personal info on here.) you could call my business number. Like I said, I just 10 minutes conversation with him. Thanks for any help you can give.... Removed - CW
#110155 by grandma12 Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:14 pm
Yes I agree, I'm sure he has been informed by someone by now of what has happened to his pictures. He has not updated his Myspace since 2009. I was shocked to see how long the scammers have been using his pictures. Quite honest, I'm surprised Ralph hasn't removed his site completely because of all this. But, it is nice for us women to go there and confirm who the real EDWARDS is.

It really makes me sick to see the lack of honesty in this world these days. After being divorced for a year and half, I just wanted someone to talk to, in my area. At different times I ended up talking to 4 guys. Three of which had such simular stories it was crazy. The first claiming to be an Eric from colorado, owned a contruction co. was near irag with some big job contract, had a 7 yr old son, wife killed in accident. The 2nd Named Rick, 8 yrs old daughter divorced, in Belguim building log cabins. The 3rd, Dave from Tennessee, owed a computer co. 7 yr old son, wife died of cancer. and then there was Bob from colorado also, was leaving for South africa the day after I met him, to check on a building he built last yr.

Eric after about a week to a week and a half, asked me for $500 to help one of his employees get back from the states, due to losing a child and went back for the funeral.
Rick asked me to send him a iphone or blackberry so we could communicate better. again about a weeks time.
Bob, asked me for $400 or a phone, cause of corse, he just went to south africa and his phone wouldnt work there and his accounts were locked up due to him leaving, and he wanted to communicate with me.
Dave, well after confronting Bob about all three guys being the same guy, I felt it very strongly, well I never heard from Dave again...lol.... guess I didn't give him time to ask...lol

Well then our famous EDWARDS.... J.A. BROWN in my case.... He was good though.... sucked me right in!! After everything I went through with the others, i laid it all out right away, don't talk about sex and never ask me for money or gifts. Our whole topic was God for awhile, then he moved in for the hit.
Thank God, I depended on God to warn me of wrong doings,and he did all 4 times and I'm broke and wouldn't send him any money. Broke my heart, the problem is, I became completely infatuated with the man in the pictures, way more then the man on paper ( or screen i should say ). Believe me, if the real Ralph Edwards wasn't already married, and as of 2009 his profile says he was, I would love to have a chance to get to know the real him. Don't get me wrong, I would never in a million years interfer with a taken man, so I have to get over it. Now ladies we just need to pick ourselves up, dust ourselves off, be cautious, and move on to the next chapter in our lives. As far as internet dating sites.... done with them for me... I'll just pray for God to send me my man... at least I know he is real when he walks thru the church doors... :)!!

Good luck to all of you out there, PLEASE be careful!!!.... and GOD BLESS!!!
#110224 by grandma12 Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:52 am
DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THE RALPH A. EDWARDS ON FACEBOOK IS THE REAL ONE OR ANOTHER FAKE ONE??? HE JUST BEFRIENDED ME, SO ANY INFO RIGHT AWAY IS APPRECIATED. THANKS !!!
#110227 by Grunt Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:16 am
if he is that guy
Ralph A Edwards
Worked at U.S Army
Studied at Florida State University

he's already scamlisted here
viewtopic.php?p=71125#p71125

2nd pic

if not ...
scammer anyway

has a lot of well-known scammers as friends
for example
Joe Pedersen
Worked at Military
Studied at UCLA

already here
viewtopic.php?p=82948#p82948

or here
http://www.facebook.com/joe.pedersen.35
http://www.facebook.com/people/James-Wo ... 2942676869
http://www.facebook.com/terry.frank.92
http://www.facebook.com/dan.edward.12
and here
http://www.romancescam.com/forum/viewto ... 3&p=187026
#110232 by grandma12 Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:19 am
Yes those are the pics from the real Ralph that he is using, I knew they were his pics, but wasn't sure what the real Ralph's middle name or initial was, so I was just checking. Yes those friends were on there also. thank you so much for your information so quickly. I did not want to get started in a conversation with him and find out it was another fake.
You had posted on here that someone claiming to be the real Ralph had made a comment and you removed it long enough to investigate, did you ever find out anymore about that??? If it was posted, I missed it so was just wondering. THANKS AGAIN FOR THE WORK YOU DO!!... GOD BLESS!!
#110234 by Dotti Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:42 am
Yes, the real Ralph has stopped by here before. He is very aware that his photos were stolen and are being used in scams, but unfortunately, there is nothing he can do about it because the scammers had taken and saved his photos before he was aware of what was happening.

I am occasionally in contact with the real soldier (who is not looking for a relationship, as noted above)--he has really made an effort to be proactive, even going so far as to create some educational materials that can't be posted here (because they will also educate the scammers too much) that have been very useful in helping some victims to understand that their soldier really is a fake. But, as already mentioned above, though he is making an effort to help in the battle against scams, we have kept his personal information off the board to allow him to have a personal life--with the number of victims who have targeted by scammers using his photos, he would potentially be dealing with almost constant approaches from victims.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
#110237 by grandma12 Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:28 am
Thanks Dotti,
I just knew the real Ralph Edwards had to be an awesome guy, cause not everyone has a smile like his that can capture so many lives. I feel so sorry this has happened to such a nice guy, and several other service men too. On facebook is a group called US SOLDIER DATING SCAM and I was shocked to see how many service mens photos have been used in scams. Speaking of, I also found someone called;

Charles Edwards

Worked at Ohio Army National Guard
Went to Thomas A. Devilbiss High
Lives in Toledo, Ohio
From Toledo, Ohio

The picture on this mans site, is not one of the Real Ralph Edwards, so I didn't know if this man was fake or not too. Can you let me know?? I'm having a hard time trusting anyone now.

I would be interested in having some of the information Ralph has put together to help victims. You could email it to me. I just had no idea until a few months ago that this sort of thing even took place. Just uneducated I guess, but to meet 5 people and all 5 of them turn out to be scammers. I have been having guys trying to add me on facebook lately and i'm scared to death to even let anyone in anymore. So any information you may have to help me is appreciated.

Thanks again....