Scams offering fake Au Pair positions
#111103 by Chris Fuller Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:06 am
This is not a genuine au pair opportunity; it is a scam. These emails were not sent from the UK, they were sent from Nigeria, as proven by the IP addresses, eg 41.206.12.43 - Port Harcourt, Nigeria.

Dr Denton West <[email protected]>
Subject: COME AND WORK FOR MY FAMILY

Hello Au pair,
I saw your profile on the Au pair- site.
I live at No 10 Elizabeth Ave.London N1 3BS, UK.
We currently have some kids aged 3 & 5 years old, we looking for a Au Pair or Nanny from Any Country that can speak English and is willing to stay with us.
We are a British family living in London. Am a Consultant Physician in London Bridge Hospital, London.
About Our Family
Our kids are fairly easy going and relaxed,they would enjoy someone with lots of energy and enthusiasm.. Having English as a first language is not required and in fact, we would entertain the nanny speaking to them in
her own mother-tongue..
We only seek a Au pair for basic child care and light housework. If you accept to take a position with us, you would be paid the sum of £1800(One thousand eight hundred pounds sterling) with a weekly pocket money of £200. Hence we are doing anything that would motivate the intending Nanny to put in her best in taking care of our children.
You shall have a private accommodation with furnished sitting room and bedroom and also a private bathroom. A Fixed land phone and an Internet ready computer.Do well to send us your references or resume & also an update picture of yourself, and we would get in touch with them. Should the outcome be positive, we would send you a Contract Letter. We shall discuss travel arrangements in due course of which I would be of generous assistance to you. You can reach me on my personal mobile to indicate your interest. My Number is +447045754032 or [email protected]
We sincerely look forward to hearing from you.

Best Wishes
Dr Denton West

These photographs sent by the scammer are Stock Photographs, available online for use as illustrations or for advertisements. They are not photographs of the scammer's own family.

The British Immigration Office is also fake, and is part of the scam.

Subject: EMAIL THE IMMIGRATION

Hello

It was nice to get to hear from you,i told my family about you and they love it, so I have considered hiring you for your services. However as regards your flight ticket that will be handled by me and also some other relevant documents you might be needing to proceed into London,but you have to take care of your work permit fees nothing much I presume.So if you agree with these terms please let me know so that I can have my lawyer issue you your contract/invitation letter and also all the necessary details on how to obtain your traveling papers.

He will also contact the British immigration office here in London on how you can start the process and obtain your visa so you can come and start working in my family also you will live in my family

My Wife and i have concluded that, you will work for our family, and that can only happen if you already have a London Visa and i want you to contact with the British Immigration here in London with their email address ([email protected]) am sure they will let you know the requirements that will be needed in getting you a Visa and also they will let you know how to go about that cos they helped our former nanny in getting all her documents easily and fast.

We will like you to tell us more about you, your mobile number and more pictures of you would be fine.

Try make sure you contact them to enable you get your visa to London.

Best wishes
Dr Denton West.

Advertisement

#111406 by VeryBerryStrawberry Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:47 pm
I've met him too. :bondage:

Hello Au pair,
I saw your profile on the Au pair- site.
I live at No 10 Elizabeth Ave.London N1 3BS, UK.
We currently have some kids aged 3 & 5 years old, we looking for a Au Pair or Nanny from Any Country that can speak English and is willing to stay with us.
We are a British family living in London. Am a Consultant Physician in London Bridge Hospital, London.
About Our Family
Our kids are fairly easy going and relaxed,they would enjoy someone with lots of energy and enthusiasm.. Having English as a first language is not required and in fact, we would entertain the nanny speaking to them in
her own mother-tongue..
We only seek a Au pair for basic child care and light housework. If you accept to take a position with us, you would be paid the sum of £1800(One thousand eight hundred pounds sterling) with a weekly pocket money of £200. Hence we are doing anything that would motivate the intending Nanny to put in her best in taking care of our children.
You shall have a private accommodation with furnished sitting room and bedroom and also a private bathroom. A Fixed land phone and an Internet ready computer.Do well to send us your references or resume & also an update picture of yourself, and we would get in touch with them. Should the outcome be positive, we would send you a Contract Letter. We shall discuss travel arrangements in due course of which I would be of generous assistance to you. You can reach me on my personal mobile to indicate your interest. My Number is +447045754032 or [email protected]
We sincerely look forward to hearing from you.

Best Wishes

Dr Denton West"

--------------------------------------

"Hello Au pair,
It was nice to get to hear from you,i told my family about you and they love it, so I have considered hiring you for your services. However as regards your flight ticket that will be handled by me and also some other relevant documents you might be needing to proceed into the UK,but you have to take care of your UK visa fees nothing much I presume.So if you agree with these terms please let me know so that I can have my lawyer issue you your contract/invitation letter and also all the necessary details on how to obtain your traveling papers.
But first let me tell you a little bit about my family,

we are down to earth people not arrogant,we respect our employees opinion very much,our kids are the most adorable things on the face of the earth we love them so much and so will you I hope.We are also easy going people my wife and I.

I leave for work early in the morning 7.30am,my wife is a seamstress so she is a little more around the house than I am,our kids both attend the same school they leave at 8.30am come back by 1.00pm
The family those a lot of outings,we go fishing sometimes my wife and I,also to the beach together the whole family.

Best wishes

Dr Denton West.
For the family."
#111440 by Chris Fuller Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:49 am
This is an email from the fake British Immigration Office.

Subject: MAKE YOUR PAYMENT NOW

United Kingdom- British Immigration office London
PAYMENT APPROVAL

Hello Applicant
Compliments of the day.

I just confirmed that you have been officially cleared for process of your hard copy documents, inclusive of your work permit(UK)certificates, You are required to make payment immediately for us to start the procurement of your visa.

Payment Details

1. DER Application Form/Approval - ?150
2) Flight Ticket (which is to be paid by Dr Denton West Your Employer)
Various Ministerial Registrations:
(a) Expatriate Work Permit - ?100
(b) Foreign Affairs Cert. ?100
3. DER expatriates quota approval Charge
in relevant categories - ?500 (has been paid by your employer)

Total ?350.00 (pounds sterling) (Which is to be paid by you)

All payments for permits which is ?350.00 are to be made via Western Union transfer in care of our
Accountant;
Receiver: Mrs Rosemary Daniel.

United Kingdom- British Immigration London
Lunar House, 40 Wellesley Road
Crovdon, Surrev CR9 2BY
United Kingdom
Phone Number +447031978982.
Email [email protected]
You are to send back to us scan photocopy of payment.
Congratulations once again.
Mrs. Elena Jones
Dispatch Officer

Since 1976 Our Reputation For Services and Savings is Our Most Valued Asset

All money sent will be stolen by the scammer.
#111699 by Chris Fuller Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:38 am
This is an email from this scammer's fake lawyer.

Subject: CONTRACT AND INVITATION LETTER

Hello,

How are you doing?After talking with my
client,he has authorized me to send you this email..I am attaching
herewith a Contract/Invitation Letter from Dr Denton West, for you to
go through.. If you accept, you would have to sign and date at the
bottom and send a scanned copy to me as e mail attachment.

Information For Travel.

Your employer went to the UK Immigrations Office here in London to
inform them about his decision to employ you and to also seek their
approval/permit as they are the legal authorities vested with the
power to permit/approve foreign workers.

You have to contact them
immediately you sign the contract letter. Send a copy to them and
also request them to furnish you with details of how you can get
your work permit and travel documents.Also you should know that
your employer,would share travel costs with you,he will pay them
for your Flight Ticket and some other relevant documents, and the
little you would spend is the cost of obtaining your Visa
okay. Here are their contact details:

United Kingdom- Immigration Office London
Lunar House, 49 Wellesley Road
Croydon, Surrey CR9 2BY
United Kingdom
Email: [email protected]
Send them an e mail with a copy of the signed contract letter and
they would get in touch with you so that you can travel down
soonest to resume duties.

Best Regards

Bureau of Immigration
Department of Justice.

Attached CONTRACT AND INVITATION LETTER. from Dr Denton West..docx:

This is another example of an email from the fake British Immigration Office.

Dear Applicant,

Your Employer (Dr Denton West) has asked that we contact you on requisite information required to process supporting documents that would aid your travel down to your duty location to resume duties in record time. However included herewith are details and information regarding procurement of your travel documents and other supporting documents.

Dr Denton West has mandated us to procure as well as process your relevant travel documents, and other supporting documents to facilitate your travel to the UNITED KINGDOM for commencement of work in due time.

With respect to the requirements and certifications and other supporting documents to be acquired, we wish to inform you of the Department of Expatriate Resources (DER) requirements which states that all expatriates who intend to work in the UK must have attained all DER Certifications in various categories with respect to their contract engagements. Vaccination would be carried out at the port of entry into the country and it is advisable to present all documents on procurement, as that would enable the authorities vested with the duty to carry out the vaccinations; administer their duties.

The DER Certifications will have to embrace the registration and approval of your relevant information with the designated local agencies (Federal Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Commerce and industry respectively with DER inclusive).

The reason for the review of this policy as communicated by the DER is to ensure that expatriates with Letter of Contract do not have to travel down to the UK for any other reason other than the primary aim of commencement of work as required.

The DPR Certifications will cost you the following:

1. DER Application Form/Approval - ?150
2) Flight Ticket (will be paid by Dr Denton West Your Employer)

Various Ministerial Registrations:
(a) Expatriate Work Permit - ?100
(b) Foreign Affairs Cert. ?100

3. DER expatriates quota approval Charge

in relevant categories - ?500 (has been paid by your employer)

Total ?350.00 (pounds sterling) (To be paid by you)

Please note that the cost of the Prepaid Flight Tickets has been undertaken by your employer.

This will enable us commence and finalize all your necessary work permit and registration of documents as we need to reach out to our contact for immediate procurement of your visa from your country and other supporting documents in record time.

As a result of time constraint for expatriates owing to the Work

Commencement Date, all payments for permits which is ?350.00 are to be made via Western Union transfer in care of our Accountant;

Receiver: Mrs. Rosemary Daniel.
Payout Location: United Kingdom- British Immigration London
Croydon, Surrey CR9 2BY
United Kingdom
Phone: +447031978982
Email:[email protected]

Go to the nearest bank or post office and indicate your intention of sending a Western Union Transfer. Provide them with the details above, and then proceed to scan, attach and send receipt via e-mail to us informing us that the transfer has been remitted.

This would enable us initiate procurement of requisite documents which should be through by next week if we receive payment on time after which documents (Hard Copy Agreement Letter, Prepaid Flight Tickets) would be packaged and sent to you via DHL Speed Delivery to enable you proceed to the British embassy in your country to procure your visa as soon as possible, in order to travel down to your duty location to resume duties in record time. Indicate in your response, convenient hours to receive package on procurement to enable us make appropriate adjustments with DHL

Documents should be expected within three working days on confirmation of payment information. You will be required to scan and send immediately,

1.Payment information and the information below in subsequent correspondence

2. Scanned Completed Application Form which is attached herewith

3. Name of the nearest airport you would be flying
into the country from

4. International passport details, (Scan and send as attachment) Note that your passport is okay for the procurement of your travel documents. It can also be renewed when you get down here.

5. An address reachable by courier services.

Your travel tickets will be provided by The West Family through us, and delivered along side with your relevant documents and other supporting documents (contract engagement documents after endorsement.)

Do well to also indicate your arrival date on receipt of travel documents as that would enable us arrange airport pickup.

Please acknowledge receipt of this e-mail and information contained herewith.

We will serve you better.
United Kingdom- British Immigration London

Croydon, Surrey CR9 2BY
United Kingdom

Phone: +447031978982
Email:[email protected]

This is the fake Application Form sent by this scammer. The email address on it - [email protected] - is another email address belonging to this scammer. Genuine UK Border Agency email addresses end with @ukba.gsi.gov.uk - and with no words or abbreviations after that.

#115013 by Chris Fuller Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:01 am
This scammer is also using the following email address for his fake British Immigration:

[email protected]

This is yet another email account belonging to the scammer. It is a free webmail account, available from mail.com. Genuine Immigration departments do not use mail.com email addresses.

Subject: HELLO

Hello,
I will send your detail to my lawyer, to send you the contract and invitation letter to you.
He will also contact the British immigration office here in London on how you can start the process and obtain your UK visa so you can come and start working in my family .
My Wife and i have concluded that, you will work for our family, and that can only happen if you already have a London Visa and i want you to contact with the British Immigration here in London with their email address ([email protected]) am sure they will let you know the requirements that will be needed in getting you a Visa and also they will let you know how to go about that cos they helped our former nanny in getting all her documents easily and fast.
We will like you to tell us more about you, your mobile number and more pictures of you would be fine.
Try make sure you contact them to enable you get your visa to London.

Best wishes
Dr Denton West.

In reality, a visa for the UK must be applied for at the British Embassy, High Commission, or Visa Application Centre in your own country. Please note that citizens of very few countries are eligible for a visa to become an au pair in the UK. You can see the list of eligible countries here:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... ityscheme/

If you also click on 'Conditions of your stay' on the left hand side of that webpage, you will be able to confirm that this is the correct visa for au pairs.

If you are not a citizen of one of those countries, then you will not be able to obtain a visa to become an au pair in the UK.