Information on romance scams and scammers.
#111063 by FML Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:42 pm
I guess I'm next on the list of the duped... I started corresponding with the guy through Match.com and then by personal email a little over a week ago. Same deets except that he claims to live in North Vancouver, BC. I feel like such an idiot... glad I found this, but sad also. :( He's supposedly currently in Turkey... got an email from him at 4am pst this morning and nothing since.

Maybe he's figured out that I have no money and will slink away back into the hole he came from.
Advertisement

#111120 by began steele Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:16 am
FML you did good. You "sucked it and saw". No one can become a victim for just taking a look and you can't know. Luckily after a few days the taste was nasty so you spat it out. Good for you and welcome to SW. You are of course welcome to return with questions in future and everyone will help if needed.

We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. ~~ George Orwell.
#111512 by exitlady Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:11 pm
Scammer? Probably - goes by multiple names - latest is Marc Frank Pearce -- took my heart in the last 3 months - not sure what is going on but BE CAREFUL
#111576 by exitlady Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:44 am
I was told his name was Marc Frank Pearce--same pictures I got. After 3 months of talking with him, he just disappeared. Only money wired to him was his own that he gave me to wire to him as he needed it. Number I had for him was in London and then Thailand.
#111577 by exitlady Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:52 am
I also met him on match.com. My first email was the same as everyone else got. Just a different name. I feel so stupid for falling for him -- live and learn I guess.
#111689 by began steele Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:44 am
Only money wired to him was his own that he gave me to wire to him as he needed it.

Sadly, this would not have been his own, Exitlady. It was stolen from someone, such as a cloned credit card or phished details. Or maybe a cheque sent that you cashed? (Which will take up to 3 months to bounce). What he really did was get you to launder stolen money and it is possible it could be discovered by the bank. Be prepared for having some messages concerning this and in this case you will have to repay it. It may be better to see the bank first rather than have them find out later. They surely will.
You must do this because you do not want to be implicated as accomplice and a criminal in a fraud when you are a victim. I am sorry you have been scammed successfully.
Here is another profile of scammer and pictures, also the first is used as Yahoo Avatar.
http://www.meetme.com/members/38740361
Mark Donald
relaxed
51, Male, Single
, London, UNITED KINGDOM

Last edited by began steele on Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. ~~ George Orwell.
#111740 by shamrock8 Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:58 pm
These people are devious...this is a match.com con artist very similar to a recent post i just read, he calls himself Alex James.... I am submitting this last email which made me axe him immediately, I have two photos he sent me of "himself" am trying to fgure out how to down load on this site

Greetings Dear Irish, How lovely to see that you wrote me back and i hope we can communicate more like this. Well Your profile caught my interests a lot that you were even able to express how i feel like i have said in my profile that you're the kind of woman i want, You match the criteria of what i am looking for in a woman. I'm 57 years of age and am the only child of my parent, i live in the South part of Perry-ville Missouri (close to Mark Twain Lake). I am of 6 ft tall of average height, i weigh 180 lbs with blue eyes and a silver short hair. I've been Divorced for the past 10 years after 28 years of marriage with a 30 year old son who is married and of course he has two grand-kids for me that lives on his own in Germany. I live alone with my pet dog called Ricky who happens to be my best friend that i talk to but i recently left him with my Vet Doctor to watch over him until i return back from my trip... I lost both parents of mine when i was just 5 years of age, leaving me to grow old with my uncle to take care of me... I was the only child of my parent before they died, my dad was a White Caucasian while my mother was from Italy.. They both met on a conference meeting during a time in London and both families were doing great at that time.. I never had thechance to care for my parents, i wish they were alive to see how proud i have made them feel because they know the kind of child they gave birth to and thats why am seeking to find myself a best friend who would end up being my soul mate and someone special to share my deepest thoughts and ideas with, someone i can be proud of to stand beside me knowing that we truly care for one another. I have a promising career as a self employed man who is an Architect that designs Project Plans for Construction Companies as a Construction/Project Engineer, i work from home in making my designs and i also Supervise Construction workersat the site to make sure they finish a good job exactly as it was drawn in the plan but i am currently working on a construction project deal outside the country which i should be done with it soon. I enjoy the nature of my job as it doesn't gives me stress at all and i am able to make schedules for myself on when to go out and come in... I will say my job keeps me very busy but that doesn't change the times I do create and to have fun with my special Baby.. I like to go to the health club (gymnasium) every week like 2-3 times a week to workout on the weights, the aerobics and the physical ability. This is for me to stay in good shape and look fit and young. I love to go to the mountains to camp, fishing, horse back riding, bowling, baking, gardening, shopping, site seeing, also go swimming at the pool and beaches to walk around the water banks and drink some red wine or champagne or a nice short of Hennessy and i don't smoke. I enjoy listening to all kind of genre music except rap, especially R&B as it soothing the soul and i also go out to watch all kind of movies at the cinema or sit by the couch at home, also i enjoy dancing, reading, arts, family and a whole lot other stuffs to keep me busy.I am also looking to find a good friend that we can talk to and find some chemistry between each other that could lead to us being soul mate or my partner wife, something that will stick our hearts together as one and beat at one. I like to stay close to my sweethearts heart and feel what makes her happy and what makes her sad. My friends used to say i am very good at taking care of people and i could make a woman come closer to me but i tell them that they come with different troubles, all i need is peace love and happiness and never to worry much about what life brings as long as you are doing good, you will surely be able to settle every little thing that come your way. There are different kind of relationship that are being built online, as long as one has a straightforward, loyal, honest and faithful heart, a relationship will be built based on trust and love could come from anywhere and take over the spirit.. So what i mean is that eventhough we have not met face to face, for the fact that we are communicating, we still have the privilege of making it happen if we truly want it and that is why am here to find special ones like You. I will say welcome to the world of online dating as i am new to it also and i am glad i was able to meet you first before someone else.. I started online dating because a friend told me about it that is why i am giving it a try.. Just to let you know that I have no brothers or sisters neither are there cousins, niece or nephew.. My uncle who raised me died some few years ago due to cancer of the lungs and the only family i have is my son and some few friends and what i just need now is to find a good friend to stay with me. I have gotten mails from different ladies i don't know who claim they LOVE ME and WISH TO SPEND THE REST OF THEIR LIFE WITH ME when i barely know them and they are not even giving me a room to get to know who i am talking to becausethey are not for real. But with the luck of Matches that found you for me, i could see the sparkling interests in our eyes and my burning desire to meet with you someday and i don't care about the distance as i can break all record.I will be looking forward to your reply and i hope it will helps us know each other more. I hope i haven't said too much, i just wanted to make myself clearer to you about who i am and more and i hope to correspond more you soon again. Take care and keep in touch.SincerelyAlex J.
#111827 by Justin Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:45 pm
began steele was just posting a link to a fake dating profile the scammer was using. It was not nessesarly directed at you just serves to post additional information about the scammer.

#111881 by began steele Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:53 am
There we are Exitlady. I have added the photos for Google image search bots. With some luck it will be harder to scam people and others will find the post and be effectively warned off. As Justin says I added the additional link to show up the extent of the scammers activities. So you know, I did an email address search with http://www.romancescam.com/results.php and followed up with an image search on the profile picture.
You can do this in future

#111889 by began steele Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:59 am
Shamrock.Would you be so kind as to add links and email address to your post so others can find him. I don't mind going the extra mile and adding further info for you

#112395 by exitlady Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:23 pm
A John Williams tried to contact me as well posing as a Sgt. in the US Army from the state of Washington but deployed to Afghanistan right now -- too many parts of the conversation reminded me ALOT of Marc Frank Pearce so I confronted him about it -- I hate to see our military having scammers posting as them and giving our good guys a bad name. Amazing I haven't heard from him since when I told him who I thought he was -- conversation had too many things the same - used email of John [email protected]. Of course different pic, from Greece, here 14 years with a son in WA staying with is niece while he was deployed =(mom had died of breast cancer). Wanted to send money here (money laundering) and when confronted he just disappeared. Imagine that. But I'm positive it was Marc Frank Pearce - who seems to having issues keeping his lies straight right now -- hopefully he'll get screwed one day and caught - Just be careful ladies -- these guys are SO good. Promise marriage, great life with lots of money, trips, presents from various places etc. -- all LIES> They know their game and they are good. Isn't good - always bad. Spread the word.