Advance fee loan scams and fraudulent loan sites.
#11242 by Ralph Sat Jul 04, 2009 7:46 am
Please dont reply to these emails
It is not uncommon for scammers to use religion in there scams.

I have had many victimws of scam wonder how a person would use gods name to steal from people.

The answer is quite simple, they believe that god has put people on this earth to be stolen from

Please dont fall for it

there are many scams listed in this search result on an exact line from the email below Click Here

Church Of Christ In England
St Johns Lane Bedminster
Bristol, England

DEAR SIR/MADAM,

WE WANT YOU TO KNOW THAT WE HAVE THE CALLING FROM THE LORD TO HELP
THOSE WHO ARE IN NEED AND IN FINANCIAL PROBLEM,BY GIVEN OUT LOAN TO
ANY INDIVIDUAL OR ORGANISATION.

IF YOU ARE INTERESTED KINDLY CONTACT BISHOP ROBERT JAMES WITH THE
DETAILS BELOW.

NAME: BISHOP ROBERT JAMES
Email: [email protected]
Advertisement

#11973 by Notapigeon Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:49 pm
The so-called Bishop of this letter has actually called us several times to assure us that he is legit and NOT the person who sends out these emails offering loans. Loans at no interest, by the way. He says that someone is using his good name to perform a scam, but he is for real and ready to wire us $200,000 within a week. ALL he wants is my passport ID and where to wire the money. HA! We believe this is part of his scheme to sell our identity to someone who wants to come to the U.S., and could contact any U.S. embassy, claim they'd lost their passport and get one with my ID. Hmmm.
#11977 by The Enchantress Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:49 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners Notapigeon. You are right to be sceptical. Well Done :=)

A definite scam - do not reply or send any personal information to this scammer.

Note this warning click here

This scam also listed here http://419-scams.the-world-in-focus.com/?p=3022
Last edited by The Enchantress on Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Photos - are scammers using yours? click here
Are you falling for a love scammer? click here
Never send money by Western Union/Moneygram.
Never give personal information.
Online anyone can claim to be anyone, any age and from anywhere.
#11982 by Arnold Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:36 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners!
There's always a risk of Identity fraud if you give personal information away, ut scammers usually ask for it to see how compliant potential victim are. Loan scammers always ask for a fee before they can release the loan.
This particular "church" seems to be totally imaginary. Sometimes scammers assume the identity of a real business, church, etc, but I can find no evidence that this one exists.
Are you saying you got unsolicited phone calls offering loans, and denying being a scammer without being asked?