Fake banks, couriers, law firms, escrow and other fake sites used in scams.
#108045 by superrookie Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:28 am
Hello to all,

I recently purchase a Mac pro 12 core 2010 model ($1000) in Gumtree (Australia). I emailed the seller under the email add [email protected]. The seller reply back with her own personal email which is [email protected]. I found out she is currently in UK taking care of her sick father.
So we made a deal that I will pay the item through this shipping company called GreenShippingCo.
The rule is to wire money first through Western Union and it will be sent to one of the "green agent" of the shipping company. The interesting part of this is that the seller mentioned to me that she is ok with refund in case the item is not legit.

But one thing bothers me is the shipping company website which is http://green-shipping.zxq.net.
The problem with this website is there's no address, contact no. and only email plus fax no. I tried searching through google under the zxq.net and found out its a free web hosting site. That is why I need your help guys. I would like to know if the person I am dealing is legit and the shipping co. is not fake.

Here's the copy of the invoice.

Dear :yikes:

We are glad to announce you that you have a package in custody at Green Co Deliveries.
Please visit our website http://green-shipping.zxq.net for details on your package.

Green Courier. reduces risks associated with Internet transactions by acting as a licensed, trusted,
neutral third party for on-line transactions. The seller leaves the merchandise into Green Courier.
custody. The merchandise will remain in Green Courier. custody until the buyer provides the payment
informations to Green Courier. The payment will be made through a Money Transfer Service. Once the
funds are verified by Green Courier , the merchandise will be send to the buyer.
Once the buyer receives the merchandise, the payment informations will be released to the
seller only if the buyer is completely satisfied with the merchandise. If the buyer will not be satisfied
with the merchandise, Green Courier. will send the merchandise back to the seller.

Important Delivery Information:
Message from Green Courier. Support:
Use Western Union to make the payment.

Pay using Western Union Money Transfer in association with World Air Courier Inc.

http://www.westernunion.com
Locate the near Western Union Office by clicking HERE.
Verified Green Courier. Agent Info:
You must send the payment to our agent.

First Name: MICHELLE
Last Name: FERGUSON
Address: 27 High Street
City: London
Zip Code: NW10 4NE

Scheduled Delivery: 12-06-2012

Shipment Detail:

Ship To:

Name: :yikes: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:
Address: :yikes:

City: :yikes:
Zip Number: :yikes:

Package Content:

Apple Mac Pro Xeon 64 bit workstation 2.66_12CX/6X 1G/5770/1TB/SD

Type Service: 2 Days Green Air Courier
Weight: 30 lbs
Tracking Number:
:beer:

Email address :
:laugh-s:

Status of Delivery : On Moving

After you will send the payment to our Green Courier please fax the following details:
-MTCN# (10 digits number from the payment receipt)
-Exactly Sender name and address
-Exactly Receiver name and address
-Exactly Amount you sent(in GBP-GREAT BRITAIN POUNDS)
FAX# 206-339-6714
Please also send the westernunion details at our email
[email protected]
NOTE: Western Union Money Transfer is designed mainly for sending cash to friends and family in need , so telling them you are sending the money for a business,transaction will prevent your money transfer to go through and you will be unable to complete this transaction (the fee is 50 % higher for a commerce transaction than the fee for friends and relatives),so if they ask please tell them that the payment is for a friend,relative and not for a transaction.

Attention! When you fax the Western Union Transfer receipt, be sure to include the Transaction ID #: Green Courier84095726, for the transaction you're appealing.

Purchase protection and refund:

Currently, this seller has USD 7,258.00 deposit in an Green courier . managed purchase protection account. Transactions with this Green Courier. seller are covered by purchase protection against fraud and description errors. For your safety, this account was locked today, for 30 days time. The seller is unable to withdraw any money from it, within this period.
Should you need a refund for this transaction, the insured amount will be taken from the seller's purchase protection account and sent to you. The refund is sent to your bank account, by check or money order. The way you are refunded is at your choice. You have 90 days from the above verification date to request a refund. Refund requests are processed within 3 days. The account is managed by Green's Square Trade center. This transaction is supervised by Green's Safe Harbor team.
Conditions to be meet before you may ask for a refund:
Here are the situations suitable for a refund request:
1) If the item doesn't arrive and/or the seller stops communications after the payment was received;
2) If the merchandise you receive has different specifications than the ones you agreed on;
3) If your merchandise arrives in a much longer period than the one you agreed on (more than 15 days from the payment clearance day).
For cases 2) and 3) you have to send back the merchandise to the seller prior to ask for your refund. If you did not pay the seller by the required payment method, your refund request would be declined.
This e-mail message was sent to you from Green Air Courier Safe Harbour team.The seller was informed about this transaction being started and is awaiting your payment. It is recommended to send the payment as soon as possible, as your purchase protection is valid for 30 days only.
To ask for a refund, simply reply to this notification and enter in the subject line:
Refund request for Green Courier Transaction #180025613664

You can track your delivery by accesing this link: http://green-shipping.zxq.net
Last edited by superrookie on Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Advertisement

#108046 by superrookie Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:47 am
Also this might also help prove that this person is not legit. Her address doesn't show up in google map.

Check it.

Megan Montoya
Address:
4001 SW Canyon Road London P2 VC4 UK :?:

Guys let me know if I am on the right track :(

Such a waste if this is a scam..dam where can you find a mac pro 12 for $1000 Au Dollar :cry:

I am hoping this is legit.
#108050 by AlanJones Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:02 am
Hi superrookie and welcome to ScamWarners.

The whole thing stinks of a scam.

• There is the "courier" with a free hosted sub-domain as its only web presence
  • Also, the "courier" has no physical contact details on the website - no legitimate business would do that.
  • Then there is the domain that is used for email communications, which was only set up in January.
  • Then we have a business that only takes payment via Western Union - a sure sign of a scam.
  • Finally, we have a seller who gives a fake address - the postcode is not a valid UK postcode format.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#108051 by superrookie Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:12 am
:=) :=) :=) thanks a lot mate!!

So this is 100% scam both the company and the person?

Also how did you know it was only made in Jan. , do you use a special tracking software for scammers?

Please shed me some light so that in the future I will able to track some scammers too.

To be honest it already happened to me once but I did not pursue the first one because I found out the person I am dealing is a scam and the paypal he used was fake. I reported it to paypal.

Mate, my dream crash down after realising this entire thing is a scam ...bye bye Mac pro :cry:
#108052 by AlanJones Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:21 am
Yes, both the person and the courier company are fake and part of the scam.

You can find out details of when a website was registered by looking at the WhoIs details on a site such as WhoIs.com. If you look up the details for green-courier-company.com, you get.

Domain Name: GREEN-COURIER-COMPANY.COM
Registrar: ENOM, INC.
Whois Server: whois.enom.com
Referral URL: http://www.enom.com
Name Server: DNS1.NAME-SERVICES.COM
Name Server: DNS2.NAME-SERVICES.COM
Name Server: DNS3.NAME-SERVICES.COM
Name Server: DNS4.NAME-SERVICES.COM
Name Server: DNS5.NAME-SERVICES.COM
Updated Date: 12-jan-2012
Creation Date: 12-jan-2012
Expiration Date: 12-jan-2013

as you can see, the site was registered in the middle of January for a period of 1 year. While this is not a definite sign that a site is fake, it is a red flag that needs to be considered with other facts (such as the lack of contact details/other web presence).

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#108057 by superrookie Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:58 am
Alan, great site!!
I finally track the source of the email. Its in romania.
ipTRACKERonline.com wrote:Header Analysis Quick Report
Originating IP: 109.96.12.160
Originating ISP: Romtelecom Data Network
City: Berbesti
Country of Origin: Romania
* For a complete report on this email header goto ipTRACKERonline

Here's the link:
http://www.iptrackeronline.com/email-he ... alysis.php
Check it out. :oh-joy: :oh-joy: :oh-joy:
#108072 by Dotti Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:33 am
This is what is known as a fake escrow scam. Basically, the scammers create a fake company that supposedly acts as an escrow service. The "refund" promise is standard in an escrow scam, and a lot of fake escrow scams do originate in Romania.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
#112744 by allihies Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:13 am
Got the same problem with a different website.
They used http://worldwide-green-ship.zxq.net this fake carrier and they gave me these details:

Pay using Western Union Money Transfer in association with World Air Courier Inc.

www.westernunion.com
Locate the near Western Union Office by clicking HERE.
Verified Green Courier. Agent Info:
You must send the payment to our agent.

First Name: ASHLEY
Last Name: REYES
Address: 27 High Street
City: London
Zip Code: NW10 4NE

Is the same address as above but with a different name. They also used the "sick father" routine:

"i am very sorry my father has some health problems ,so that's why i had to go at my parents out of town ,the item is with me ,so if you want i can ship it to you by a secure Shipping Company(Green Company)"
#122793 by Wongwai1123 Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:54 pm
His everyone,

I have received the smae information and unfortunately I made a payment and the seller has already received the money, but I have never received any response and pacel form them.

I am the victim and I lost 650 AUD, guy, is there any way that I can get my money back ?

Please help me
#122842 by Bubbles Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:15 am
Welcome to ScamWarners Wongwai1123, I am sorry to tell you that once the scammer has picked up the money there is no way to get your money back. This is why scammers use money transfer services like Western Union. There is no way to retrieve the money once the scammer has picked it up. It is also not possible to find the real name of the person who picked up the money.

Please be aware that there are Recovery scams which target people who have been scammed. You can learn more here: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=3198

Bubbles, former Scamwarners moderator.

Rest in Peace 24 June 2015.

Gone, but never forgotten.
#136809 by DGR81 Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:08 pm
Thanks guys, I am lucky that I found this post before I have made a payment. I was about to buy a Macbook via Gumtree but decided to wait and do some research as soon as I see Western Union mentioned and the email address sounds really dodgy.
To confirm, this scam is still active as of December 12. I hate these scams :twisted: