Company Representative scams, Payment Processing scams and other Employment scams.
#116252 by StupidHead2 Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:53 pm
OMG, I think I am in BIG trouble :yikes: I applied for an administrative assistant job on Craigs List on or around the 4th of July, 2012. I applied for several administrative positions and not one was legitimate! But I fell for one because I am what my screen name on here depicts a "STUPID HEAD"! God, I am so angry with my self! Before I go into the gory details, I have ceased all contact with the scammer, I've registered compaints with the FBI, Craigs List and the Post Master General.

I was contacted via email by this scammer and I filled out an application and was presented with an employment agreement of which I signed and the scammer signed and placed his corporate seal. So far I'm thinking this is for real because I even did a telephone interview with him. His name is Terry/Terri Miller, but he had a very thick accent, perhaps arabic. The deal was that packages would be delivered to me to forward somewhere else. I was never asked to pay for anything and I would be paid $20 for each package forwarded. This is easy, right?! If it's too good to be true than it usually is. Hind sight is a bugger (trying to keep it clean). The company is called Usaforwarding.com and they even have a website. It took about a week for the packages to start arriving. I was instructed to take the contents of the two shipments and combine them into one, and I did. All I'm thinking about is payday and that I just made $20 dollars! Whoohoo! I wanted a job so bad that I stuck my head up my butt and tried to ignore what the obvious angle was. The bad thing was I forwarded the package to Russia!!!!!! The more I thought about it the more the angle became abundently clear--this jerk and his associates were using unsuspecting indivdual's stolen credit card numbers to order merchandise and having them sent to me! Now I am an accomplice! I've done everything possible that I can think of to cover my butt. I verified that this was definitely a scam when another package came and I called the number of the person that was listed as the purchaser or "ordered by". The guy called me back informing me that his credit card had been compromised and he thanked me! Yeah well, I have returned or refused anymore subsequent packages. Am I in as big trouble as I think?
Advertisement

#116254 by vonpaso xlura Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:53 pm
Hmm... hosted in Florida, claims to be in Florida ... Domain Discreet Privacy Service?!

Could you post the emails, with headers, that the scammer sent you, including any references to the website or telephone numbers? That'll help get the website shut down.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10
#116315 by Norman Barlleo Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:00 am
Sorry for what happened to you StupidHead2.
But look at the bright side and think of it as a learning experience!!

Thanks for posting your story to warn others.

DON'T tell the scammer that you found him in this site. Just cease all communications with him and move on.
#116436 by vonpaso xlura Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:25 pm
See this link from Helen Halper's sig: http://www.abika.com/Reports/Samples/em ... rguide.htm . You should find lines beginning "Received:", "X-Originating-IP:", and the like, in addition to the usually displayed ones like "From:". The "To:" header and possibly others will have your email address; delete it.

Oh, and please don't call yourself stupid for falling for a scam. Scammers are very clever, and sometimes they trick even doctors and financial professionals.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10