If you have been scammed, please post here and share your experience; it may help others avoid the same situation!
#857 by Fiesty Sat Jul 28, 2007 9:58 am
I just received this. It has to be a scam and just wanted to warn everyone that it is out there.
FROM THE DESK IBRAHIN AHMED
CHAIRMAN,CONTRACT RECONCILIATION
AND SETTLEMENT COMMITTEE
CENTRAL BANK OFNIGERIA (CBN)
DIRECT LINE-234-80539 59900
REPLY TO Email: [email protected]

DEAR FRIEND.

USD$150.500.000.00(ONE HUNDRED ANDFIFTY MILLION FIVE HUNDRED
THOUSAND US DOLLARS.
CONTRACT #: MAV/NNPC/FGN/MIN/009,
BankSwift Code: BPH KPL PK,
A/C#: 329606=101244=169=678
AMOUNT:USD$150.5M: PURPOSE:SUPPLY, INSTALLATION,AND SYSTEM
OPTIMIZATION OF HIGH POWER OIL DRILLING EQUITMENT AT THE KADUNNA AND PORTHARCOURT REFINERY.

The above stated contract was executed my a foreign contractor
Utsch GMBH from Germany. The total sum paid to the contractor upon
completion of the contract was USD$100,000,000.00. We the members of the contract receonciliation and settlement committe set up by the Presidency in 2005 deliberately over invoiced the contract by adding additional UAD$50.5M to be shared by the committee members.

The additional amount was deposited in a security company in
madrid, Spain. We are now being probed by the ECONOMIC AND FINANCIAL CRIME COMMISION.(EFCC.),The commision is making frantic effort to trace and receover this USD$50.5M.We have changed the name of the depositor from that of one of the member of the committee to a non existing name. We seek for your help to contact the security company on our behalf and act as our attorney. The security company would immediately release the funds to you upon your presentation of the certificate of deposit, and if you can give them the secret code numbers used to deposit the funds. We are ready to release this secret code numbers to you if you can give us the quarantee that you would not betray the trust we are reposing on you by running away with the funds.

If you can help and contact the security company in spain as our
attorney, we would be willing to give you 30% of this USD50.5M.

The contact address, phone nimbers,email and contact person in
the security company will be made known to you upon your prompt
reply to this email.
Please contact the undersigned only through this secured
[email protected]
Please include your contact address, telephone and mobile
numbers.
Thank you
Ibrahim Ahmed
Chaiman(contract receonciliation and settlement committe,cbn)

God helps those who help themselves.
Advertisement

#859 by Pat Hamilton Sat Jul 28, 2007 10:07 am
Thanks for the info Feisty
Unfortunately there are countless other identical scams out there, although they use different names and details. The important thing is that you know it's a scam and by posting it here other people will too.

#1178 by Scam Patroller Thu Aug 02, 2007 3:25 pm
Yes, a complete scam, I know that contract number well, I have also posted that email on the Central Bank of Nigeria's advance fee fraud forum:

http://www.cenbank.org/Forum/FrameForum.asp

Here, you can see just how many scammers have used the contract number: CONTRACT #: MAV/NNPC/FGN/MIN/009:

Google Results For: CONTRACT #: MAV/NNPC/FGN/MIN/009

Remember, if it seems to good to be true, then it is.

http://www.419eater.com - http://www.aa419.org
#1180 by Fiesty Thu Aug 02, 2007 3:28 pm
Now that I can sit back and really look at things, this is way to easy. How can otherwise intelligent people get caught up with these crazy people. I did and am amazed as I sit here today. Now, vengence is in the forefront and I am beginning to literally "play" with them. What fun!!!!!

Thank you for confirming what I already knew was a hoax. It makes me think I am finally wising up.

#1183 by Ed Williams Thu Aug 02, 2007 3:31 pm
^^^When you say play, I sincerely hope that means that you've signed up at 419eater and got a mentor and are being totally safe. These are not nice people and you really don't want to mess around with them if you don't know what you are doing. If you haven't joined eater yet then you should definitely stop contacting the scammers immediately
#1185 by Fiesty Thu Aug 02, 2007 3:36 pm
That is my next step in the process. On to 419eater to register and then back here to request a mentor. How do I request a mentor? Any suggestions?

#1189 by Fiesty Thu Aug 02, 2007 3:47 pm
Thank you. I am asking for one right now...just registered...and reading everything on the site that I may have missed. Thank you again.

#1190 by ChrisSmith Thu Aug 02, 2007 3:48 pm
Fiesty.
Don't take this the wrong way; it's advice.

But if you are playing with a scammer who you were in contact with recently, please stop immediately.
#1192 by Fiesty Thu Aug 02, 2007 3:48 pm
I will start from scratch. There are certainly new ones writing me all the time.

#1201 by MattNW Thu Aug 02, 2007 6:26 pm
You will also need to set up a baiting account. Never bait from your personal email account. An email provider like GMail that doesn't reveal your IP address in the header is best. That way there is almost no chance the scammer can trace you. Remember these people are criminals who wouldn't think twice about killing if they were sufficiently provoked.

And of course provoking them into a killing rage is the best part of baiting. :twisted:
#1204 by Fiesty Thu Aug 02, 2007 7:12 pm
Great advice. I think I need to change another portion of the forums so I answering this from general and hope it is correct. Thank you again for helping me out.

#1205 by Pat Hamilton Thu Aug 02, 2007 7:22 pm
You will get all the help you need at 419Eater so if you have any questions specifically about baiting then I suggest you ask over there where you will get a warm welcome and plenty of friendly advice.
#1214 by robert46 Fri Aug 03, 2007 12:51 am
Fiesty wrote:Now that I can sit back and really look at things, this is way to easy. How can otherwise intelligent people get caught up with these crazy people. I did and am amazed as I sit here today. Now, vengence is in the forefront and I am beginning to literally "play" with them. What fun!!!!!

Thank you for confirming what I already knew was a hoax. It makes me think I am finally wising up.
That is the reason I am here on this website I was doing a google search for my scammer and I was taken to many fraud websites and links . I am really scared since they have all my personal information...
#1215 by Fiesty Fri Aug 03, 2007 1:13 am
I can sympathize...they have mine as well. The only consoling factor is now we can sit back and play with them a bit...make them squirm and get frustrated. What a wonderful thought that is. Hopefully they will be too far away and too lazy to do anything with the information they have. From now on...only fake information is coming from me.