If you have been scammed, please post here and share your experience; it may help others avoid the same situation!
#121579 by Baybrez1 Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:39 pm
Has anyone had this happen or know anything about it? Help me...I was scammed big time 2 yrs ago by an expert.

I have been talking to a nice man who is supposed to be stationed in Afghanistan. I am on alert when he asked that I email the communication unit there to request a Secure Phone Tunnel.
Here is the auto reply I got:

NOTE: DO NOT REPLY THIS MESSAGE. IT'S AN ELECTRONIC GENERATED MAIL.
Your e-mail was received and your request is being processed. You will receive a response shortly. Thanks for your cooperation.

Communication Processing Unit.
Camp Black Jack ,
Kabul
Afghanistan.

My next reply was:

Dear Subscriber...

Thank you for the inquiry, our service is to provide phoning and satellite
facilities for civilian and military personnel on our radio transmitted connectivity that can get to any military camp.
We specialize in providing global satellite access services,Military Telecommunications Tunnel(MTT) Solutions have been implemented for United States Marine Corps (USMC), U.S. Army Corps, Australian Defense Force (ADF), Command of Polish Navy, Special Military Formation GROM, 1st Special Commando Regiment, Polish National Police,Polish National Headquarters of the State Fire Services, Border Guard (Poland),US Naval Research Laboratory,North Eastern AeronauticaL Company (Neany),ITT Corporation Aerospace,Polish Medical Mission,UPS - United Parcel Service, Polish Medical Air Rescue and Sky Force.
Especially for US Army Troops we ship VSAT equipment within /5-7days/ in Afghanistan, Iraq and the Middle East.

Basic advantages of the secure phone line satellite we provide for the troops are:

*Possibility of communicating in 110 countries in Europe,North and South America,North and Central Africa, Asia, and Middle East
*Satellite connectivity in one Telephone
*Possibility of calling Inmarsat A/B/Mini/ Iridium networks
*No prepaid cards needed
*Enable you to receieve from any phone.

In other to register for our phoning facility, you are advice to provide us
with the information below;

*YOUR INFORMATION:*
  FULL NAME:
  HOME ADDRESS:
  PHONE NUMBER:
  PHONE SERVICE PROVIDER:

*MILITARY PERSONNEL INFORMATION:*
  NAME:

Once you provide us with the above information you are no longer anonymous to us.

We protect your privacy,we do not insist you to provide extra personal
information than necessary.

The information is what we are going to use to register you with our service.

We look forward to working on your request.

Regards,

Camp Black Jack ,
Kabul
Afghanistan.

Copyright © 2007-2012
All Rights Reserved.

Then the reply I was waiting for...asking for $ to go thru Western Union with SCAM written all over it.
Dear Subscriber   

We urge you to choose any of our subscription tariffs that are best

suitable for you.

NB: all subscription shall be renewed at the end of each subscribed

month.

SUBSCRIPTION TARIFF PRICES

1) 6 months………..$385 USD +unlimited text messages                       

2) 12 months……….$575 USD +unlimited text messages.

Payment will be done to our agent in the United States via Western Union

Money Transfer,for quick processing and the United States offices are

more active.

The payment will be made to the following information.

Name......LEAH MARIE MENCH

City.........GAYLORD   

State.......MICHIGAN

Zip code.....49735

Once we confirm the payment through Our agent,we will send an alert to

you within 48 hours for you to make/receive unlimited calls from your

partner.

NOTE: Kindly understand that the money for the satellite phone

subscription is REFUNDABLE.

Regards,

Camp Black Jack,
Kabul
Afghanistan.

Copyright © 2007-2012
All Rights Reserved.

Advertisement

#121588 by Bubbles Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:54 am
Welcome to ScamWarners Baybrez1. that is a total scam. Do not send them any money. Civilians do not need to buy phones for military personnel.

Any time you are asked to send money by Western Union it is a scam.

Please post up the email address the scammer used to send these messages to you. You can also check the headers (instructions in my signature line) and often that will tell you what country the scammer is actually located in.

Just drop communication with the scammer and save yourself from losing money.

Bubbles, former Scamwarners moderator.

Rest in Peace 24 June 2015.

Gone, but never forgotten.
#125747 by Dennis317 Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:47 pm
Guess what...her scams go to Craigslist too.

I was contacted by this person regarding an air conditioning unit I am selling on Craigslist. Several emails later, and I've given them a PayPal account to make payment to. When I got an email advising me that payment had been made, but to check my spam folder in email in case the notification had been sent there (which in fact it had), I checked the PayPal account and no activity was shown. I responded back that I was still waiting, and took the time to Google some of the info in the following emails (which said that a shipping payment was included, to be sent via Western Union to pay for shipment)...well, the emails from PayPal were bogus copies, and then I found this posting...so, be on the alert, y'all...
#130992 by Angelcj Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:05 am
I was almost scammed by a very similar set-up. The soldier I corresponded with told me he had run out of phone money and needed me to send money to his "agent" so it could be put into an account for him. He sounded frantic in his text messages and didn't give very clear instructions on what to do. Eventually I understood what he wanted me to do. Send money to someone through Western Union. $100 wasn't enough. It had to be $300. When I got suspicious , he got more frantic sounding. Thank God Western Union held up one of the 2 transactions I made because the name of the person I was instructed to send the money to was on a list of suspicious people. My credit card company's fraud division called me to ask if the transaction was legitimate. and after I told him that, he tried to tell me to use a moneygram instead. I lowered my amount to $100 and told him I would add more later (totally not intending to but I wanted to know what he would do) He stopped all correspondence with me. I was feeling bad so I googled his name and there in front of me was the EXACT first email he sent to me. He had sent it to someone else word for word one month ago. He got $100 from her. Thankfully he got nothing from me! His name is Glen Lueker. Beautiful face, beautiful daughter...heart of stone.
#131011 by Dotti Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:06 am
I'm glad you were able to avoid being scammed.

Just to clarify, though: The scammer may have been using photos of a good looking soldier and a beautiful child, but in reality, the scammer has no connection to either of them. He is not American, and he is not a soldier. The scammers behind these particular crimes use fake names, photos copied from the internet, and even words stolen from websites like lovingyou.com.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.