If you have been scammed, please post here and share your experience; it may help others avoid the same situation!
#90071 by Dianaaa Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:13 am
Hi im new to scamwarners.com. Ive recently been scammed and wanted to share this with anyone who might see this on craigslist.

"On Mar 6, 2012, at 7:24 AM, Mark Heffne <[email protected]> wrote:

> The Company Name is Baume et Mercier. Baume et Mercier is a Swiss manufacturer of accessible luxury watches and is an independent company based in Geneva, Switzerland and we continue to develop highly distinctive and attractive collections with a real sporting pedigree..The primary goal of the Receptionist/Office Assistant is to provide local customer assistant to our clients within North America. You will be assisting our clients within North America, the assistance to be provided will include: payment collections and customer service.And also i seek someone who can be my personal assistant and act on my behalf when i am not in the country.So In your reply please indicate if you will be interested in been my personal assistant. This position is home based and communication will mostly be via Text,Calls,and Emails.
>
> I'm looking for someone that can be trusted and reliable to work very well with good understanding. This position is home-based and flexible, working with me is basically about instructions and following them.
> Presently i am in Switerzland for the company representative meeting and i want my assistant to start work immediately and also in your reply indicate when you wish to start work.
> Your duties will include:
> - Collecting Local Payments
> When a buyer in United States decides to purchase an item through an online auction from our sellers he has the following payment options: Money orders, international wire transfer, international check, or local wire transfer. The quickest option of these is local wire transferring. Local wire transfers are the option that the sales support representative will provide to the clients.
>
> - Managing Data
> Along with the payments received from buyers you will be receiving details for these sales. These details will include items sold, price, and buyer's information. You are to file and maintain these purchasing records and transactions.
>
> - Forwarding of the Payments
> Once you receive each payment you will be keeping 10% as commission and forwarding the rest to the seller or representative, whose information will be provided prior each transaction. It is crucial to complete forwarding of the payments in a time efficient manner.
>
> - Fees, and Transferring Procedures
> All fees are covered by the company. The fees for transferring are simply deducted from the payments received. No client will contact you during initial stage of the trial period. After three weeks of the trial period you will begin to have contact with the buyers via email in regards to collection of the payments. For the first three weeks you will simply receive all of the transferring details, and payments, along with step by step guidance from your supervisor. You will be forwarding the received payments by wire transfer.
>
> Additional Information:
> Salary:
> During the trial period, you will be paid 2,000USD per month while working on average 3-4hours per day, plus 10% commission from every payment received and forwarded. The salary will be sent in the form of wire transfer directly to your account. After the trial period your base pay salary will go up to 2,200USD per month, plus 10% commission.
>
> Taxes:
> You will receive a monthly invoice stating your total income. All applicable taxes are covered by the company,Basic wage is $400 Weekly excluding Gas expenses and compensations.
>
> Your First Primary task (Collection of Payments):
> 1. Receive payment from our Customers or Clients.
> 2. Cash Payment at your Bank or any cashing facilities near you.
> 3. Deduct 10 % which will be your percentage/pay on Payment processed
> 4. Forward balance after deduction of percentage/pay to any of the offices you will be contacted to send payment to, you'll have a lot of free time doing another job, because this job schedule is flexible, you'll get good income .But this job is very challenging and you should understand it.
>
> Please kindly fill your details below, so that you can get started.
>
>
> Personal Information
> First Name:
> Last Name:
> Address(P.O box not allowed):
> City:
> State:
> Zip Code:
> Sex:
> Age:
> Yahoo messenger:
> Mobile (For SMS):
> The employee,acknowledged the Detailed Job Description
> and signed___________ _____________________
> (First Name and Last Name of Employee)
>
> Kindly respond with requested details .Once I have received your contact information, I will get back to you with the task for this week.
>
> Thanks in anticipation of your prompt response.
> Regards.
> Financial Representative .
> Mark Heffne"

This is the next email he sent me almost 3 weeks later.

"We are so sorry for getting back to you lately and I am sending you this email to provide you with the tracking details of the Payment as promised in my last email. Find below the tracking information of the payment:
http://trkcnfrm1.smi.usps.com/PTSIntern ... Inquiry.do
Tracking Number: EO054946485US
You are to track the payment online using the url and the tracking number indicated above as soon as you read this email to know the approximate delivery time of the check and also make yourself available at the time of delivery.
Once you get the payment, Simply go over to your bank, tender it and have it cashed or deposited. Once cashed, deduct $320 as your 10% commission , you will be sending the balance via Western Union money Transfer to our account officer. She will handle the remaining parts of the transaction. You have to complete this transaction.. Please make sure you deduct your $320, and Deduct all Western Union transfer charges from the remaining money left with you after you have deducted your $320.
Go over to the nearest Western Union location and send the funds to the vendors information below in 2 different places:
Kayla Cooper
2100 Woodward Ave
Detroit, MI 48201
Once the money's sent please send me the following infos...
a. Your full names and address exactly how you wrote it on the Western Union slip.
b. The receiver's name exactly how you penned it down on the Western Union slip .
c. The total amount sent (Amount receivable by the receiver )
d. Western Union confirmation number (This is the 10 digit number for receiving funds,it is not the receipt number).
e. Send it money in a minute option.
I will be waiting on your email,complete with the details,please get to it as soon as you can,the transaction has to be fully completed as soon as possible. Once again I want to use this medium to remind you that this first transaction would be used to evaluate your ability.
Send me an email to confirm that you received this letter.
Thank you for patience.
Very Respectfully,
Mark Heffne"

I almost fell into this. it seemed too good to be true. he texted me earlier today with all the details. i received a check for 3,200 and deposited it into my bank account. i was still really sketched out so i did research and this site came up. after reading into it i called my bank right away and told them what happened. i also saved a copy of everything he sent me, checks, emails, text. i told him id be contacting the police and the FBI asap which is exactly what i plan on doing. he never answered me back

heres his IP address: X-Originating-IP: [209.85.217.173]

I hope this can help someone avoid this ridiculous scam
Last edited by Bubbles on Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Quotations added for clarity.
Advertisement

#96931 by kararose Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:59 pm
4/18/2012
The same exact thing happened to me. thankfully I googled the name they wanted me to send the cashed $ to : Kayla Cooper
2100 Wooodward Ave
Detroit, MI
I was connacted with basically the same song and dance although I was contacted at least 7/8 x by three different men claiming to be with the same company. Johnson Hayes, Harrison Martinez and Joe Shenenman. Instant flags went off but I was assured everything was legit. I glad I had the insight to google Kayla Cooper or I would probaly of cashed the check. Beware if you think its a scam it most probably is. Mine also began with a job on craigslist which I responded to. that is how they got my name in the first place. Hope this prevents someone else from falling into this same scam.
#114686 by karyred Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:17 pm
The Company Name is Baume et Mercier. Baume et Mercier is a Swiss manufacturer of accessible luxury watches and is an independent company based in Geneva, Switzerland and we continue to develop highly distinctive and attractive collections with a real sporting pedigree..The primary goal of the Receptionist/Office Assistant is to provide local customer assistant to our clients within North America. You will be assisting our clients within North America, the assistance to be provided will include: payment collections and customer service.And also i seek someone who can be my personal assistant and act on my behalf when i am not in the country.So In your reply please indicate if you will be interested in been my personal assistant. This position is home based and communication will mostly be via Text,Calls,and Emails.

I'm looking for someone that can be trusted and reliable to work very well with good understanding. This position is home-based and flexible, working with me is basically about instructions and following them.
Presently i am in Switzerland for the company representative meeting and i want my assistant to start work immediately and also in your reply indicate when you wish to start work.

Your duties will include:
- Collecting Local Payments
When a buyer in United States decides to purchase an item through an online auction from our sellers he has the following payment options: Money orders, international wire transfer, international check, or local wire transfer. The quickest option of these is local wire transferring. Local wire transfers are the option that the sales support representative will provide to the clients.

- Managing Data
Along with the payments received from buyers you will be receiving details for these sales. These details will include items sold, price, and buyer's information. You are to file and maintain these purchasing records and transactions.

- Forwarding of the Payments
Once you receive each payment you will be keeping 10% as commission and forwarding the rest to the seller or representative, whose information will be provided prior each transaction. It is crucial to complete forwarding of the payments in a time efficient manner.

- Fees, and Transferring Procedures
All fees are covered by the company. The fees for transferring are simply deducted from the payments received. No client will contact you during initial stage of the trial period. After three weeks of the trial period you will begin to have contact with the buyers via email in regards to collection of the payments. For the first three weeks you will simply receive all of the transferring details, and payments, along with step by step guidance from your supervisor. You will be forwarding the received payments by wire transfer.

Additional Information:
Salary:
During the trial period, you will be paid 2,000USD per month while working on average 3-4hours per day, plus 10% commission from every payment received and forwarded. The salary will be sent in the form of wire transfer directly to your account. After the trial period your base pay salary will go up to 2,200USD per month, plus 10% commission.

Taxes:
You will receive a monthly invoice stating your total income. All applicable taxes are covered by the company,Basic wage is $400 Weekly excluding Gas expenses and compensations.

Your First Primary task (Collection of Payments):
1. Receive payment from our Customers or Clients.
2. Cash Payment at your Bank or any cashing facilities near you.
3. Deduct 10 % which will be your percentage/pay on Payment processed
4. Forward balance after deduction of percentage/pay to any of the offices you will be contacted to send payment to, you'll have a lot of free time doing another job, because this job schedule is flexible, you'll get good income .But this job is very challenging and you should understand it.

Please kindly fill your details below, so that you can get started.

Personal Information

Full Name:
Address:
Apt #:
City:
State/Province:
Postal Code:
Resident Phone Number:
Mobile:
The employee,acknowledged the Detailed Job Description
and signed___________ _____________________
(First Name and Last Name of Employee)

Kindly respond with requested details .Once I have received your contact information, I will get back to you with the task for this week.

Thanks in anticipation of your prompt response.
Regards.
Financial Representative

It is under robert clouthier now.

the another email was :
I will like to inform you that after much consideration,you have been chosen to occupy the position of my personal assistant.But firstly i will like to know how honest you are and how can i trust you with my funds.
Also i will like to know how often you get on the internet because our job requires much checking of your email and do you have access to a yahoo messenger?Lastly i will be including my picture in this email but presently just reprogram my system and will send them to you tomorrow so you can put a face to my name before we finally get to meet,I will be expecting you do the same as well.

I will be sending some payment to you for the first task as i mentioned in my initial email.let me know when you are ready to start .

I found this scam under office help on JUL1812. I got another email under Anthony Baldwin that was in the same format but was asking for a CNA assistant. I researched it and found this. I send him/her an email that I will be reporting them to the FBI and will be contacting my buddies in the military to actually finding this dude.

Thank you guys for this post.
Last edited by Bubbles on Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Quotations added for clarity.
#116580 by paul86 Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:51 am
I applied for this job as well through craigslist. I wanted everyone to know that it's now under part time coordinator. And the guys name is Wilson Scott or Scott Wilson. The email is signed that he is the finance representative. I have posted the email below for everyone.

The Company Name is Baume et Mercier. Baume et Mercier is a Swiss manufacturer of accessible luxury watches and is an independent company based in Geneva, Switzerland and we continue to develop highly distinctive and attractive collections with a real sporting pedigree..The primary goal of the Receptionist/Office Assistant is to provide local customer assistant to our clients within North America. You will be assisting our clients within North America, the assistance to be provided will include: payment collections and customer service.And also i seek someone who can be my personal assistant and act on my behalf when i am not in the country.So In your reply please indicate if you will be interested in been my personal assistant. This position is home based and communication will mostly be via Text,Calls,and Emails.

I'm looking for someone that can be trusted and reliable to work very well with good understanding. This position is home-based and flexible, working with me is basically about instructions and following them.

Presently i am in Switzerland for the company representative meeting and i want my assistant to start work immediately and also in your reply indicate when you wish to start work.

When a buyer in United States decides to purchase an item through an online auction from our sellers he has the following payment options: Money orders, international wire transfer, international check, or local wire transfer. The quickest option of these is local wire transferring. Local wire transfers are the option that the sales support representative will provide to the clients.

- Managing Data

Along with the payments received from buyers you will be receiving details for these sales. These details will include items sold, price, and buyer's information. You are to file and maintain these purchasing records and transactions.

Once you receive each payment you will be keeping 10% as commission and forwarding the rest to the seller or representative, whose information will be provided prior each transaction. It is crucial to complete forwarding of the payments in a time efficient manner.

All fees are covered by the company. The fees for transferring are simply deducted from the payments received. No client will contact you during initial stage of the trial period. After three weeks of the trial period you will begin to have contact with the buyers via email in regards to collection of the payments. For the first three weeks you will simply receive all of the transferring details, and payments, along with step by step guidance from your supervisor. You will be forwarding the received payments by wire transfer.

Additional Information:

Salary:

During the trial period, you will be paid 2,000USD per month while working on average 3-4hours per day, plus 10% commission from every payment received and forwarded. The salary will be sent in the form of wire transfer directly to your account. After the trial period your base pay salary will go up to 2,200USD per month, plus 10% commission.

Taxes:

You will receive a monthly invoice stating your total income. All applicable taxes are covered by the company,Basic wage is $400 Weekly excluding Gas expenses and compensations.

4. Forward balance after deduction of percentage/pay to any of the offices you will be contacted to send payment to, you'll have a lot of free time doing another job, because this job schedule is flexible, you'll get good income .But this job is very challenging and you should understand it.

Personal Information

Full Name:

Address:

Apt #:

City:

State/Province:

Sex:

Postal Code:

Resident Phone Number:

Mobile:

Kindly respond with requested details .Once I have received your contact information, I will get back to you with the task for this week.

Regards.

Financial Representative .
Wilson Scott
Last edited by Bubbles on Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Quotations added for clarity.
#116632 by Bubbles Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:35 pm
Welcome to ScamWarners paul86. That is indeed a scam. The scammer would be sending you checks from other victims and have you "launder" them through your bank account by sending the money to him by Western Union.

This may seem okay, but eventually the authorities will become involved and you would be the one the police could find. I trust you have stopped all communication with this scammer.

Please post up the email address the scammer used to communicate with you. Thank you for posting this for others to see.

Bubbles, former Scamwarners moderator.

Rest in Peace 24 June 2015.

Gone, but never forgotten.
#121586 by clickxzor Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:32 am
Yeah! I got this same email from a response to a craigslist Ad. Says he is a Financial Representative, that his name is Charles Graham. Email= [email protected]

Original Craigslist Ad:
---------------------------------------------
Customer Service $14/hr (wilmington)
Date: 2012-08-22, 1:21PM EDT

Office needs customer service rep to answer phones, take customer orders, resolve cutomer issues. Must have phone and customer relations experience. Computer skills are a plus.
Please send resume and desired pay to be considered.

Compensation: $14/hr
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
Please, no phone calls about this job!
Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.

PostingID: 3222311356
#121587 by clickxzor Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:44 am
Also, I checked the header from my original email, and this is what it tells me:

Source:

The source host name is "dial-pool98.lg.starcomms.net" and the source IP address is 41.155.98.234.

Geo-Location Information
Country Nigeria
State/Region 05
City Lagos
Latitude 6.4531
Longitude 3.3958
Area Code

Geo-Location Map

Whois:

The IP address 41.155.98.234 appears to have been assigned by the African Network Information Centre (AfriNIC). AfriNIC is the Regional Internet Registry (RIR) for the Africa region.

For details, see the additional information about IP address 41.155.98.234 at AfriNIC.

I encourage everybody out there getting scammed by this guy to post up his email address or find his IP Address

Admin edit: removed advertising for an IP address site. There are dozens of sites that can be used to locate IP addresses--SW policy is not to promote specific sites that are not affiliated with scamwarners when alternatives are available.
#123304 by pickle48 Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:29 pm
I received this email today....

Peter Jacob [email protected]
6:31 PM (52 minutes ago)

- Managing Data

Additional Information:
Salary:

Taxes:

Personal Information

Full Name:
Address:
Apt #:
City:
State/Province:
Postal Code:
Resident Phone Number:
Mobile:

Regards.
Financial Representative

Peter Jacob
#124995 by solodolo Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:59 pm
I got the same email from peter Jacob with this email [email protected] I knew it seemed fishy and flags were going up so i found this site and glad i did. I actually asked the guy to call me directly to see if he would or just hide behind a computer. Im glad i found this site bc I wouldnt want to be involved in anything unjust tracing back to my accounts and thats why I found it weird that they want to use my personal account and not there own business account.
#125097 by jlynnrobertson Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:42 pm
Here is the e-mail I got just today, from Peter Jacob at [email protected]... Evidently they are still scamming.

- Managing Data

Additional Information:
Salary:

Taxes:

Personal Information

Full Name:
Address:
Apt #:
City:
State/Province:
Postal Code:
Resident Phone Number:
Mobile:

Regards.
Financial Representative
Peter Jacob
#126727 by thorley Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:54 am
Craigslist job title was "Appointment Setter $16/hr."
In the description it said they sold security systems and you would be answering phones and setting appointments. No selling was involved. Hours would be Monday to Friday 9-5.
So, I replied with my resume and got this response back at 12:43 am.

Hello,

I'm looking for someone that can be trusted and reliable to work very well with good understanding as my Personal Assistant.This position I a am offering is home-based and flexible, working with me is basically about instructions and following them, my only fear is that i may come at you impromptu sometimes, so I need someone who can be able to meet up with my irregular timings. As my Personal Assistant, your activities amongst other things will include:

Duties and Requirements:

*Scheduling programmer's, flights and keeping me up-to-date with them.
*Handling and monitoring some of my financial activities.
*Processing weekly check payment.
*Filing, Faxing, Creating and sending out letters, scanning documents, some personal assistant duties for owners, and many other
*Managing expenses and invoices

Basic wage is $600 Weekly

I'm sure you'll understand I tend to have a very busy schedule at this point. Please note that this position is not office based for now because of my frequent travels and tight schedules, it's a part-time work from home for now and the flexibility means that there will be busier weeks than others. I would like to give you an immediate trial, so if you are interested kindly get back to me. As I have been checking my files and schedules and would need someone urgently to run some errands for me this week/next week, while I am away. I will have some funds sent to you to complete the errands and would get back to you with more information on that, get back to me with your Personal/Contact Details such as:

FULL NAMES:
ADDRESS:
CITY:
STATE:
ZIP CODE:
HOME PHONE #:
MOBILE PHONE#:
SEX:
EMAIL ADDRESS:
PRESENT JOB:
Nationality: ___________________________
Current Job: ____________________________

Are you eligible to work in the United States? Yes ____ No_____
If you are underage 18, do you have an employment/age certificate? Yes ___ No ___
How often do you check your email: ______________
Days/Hours Available: Hours Available: from _______ to ______
What date are you available to start work? ________________
If you're interested you can e-mail me back for more information about the job.

Yours Sincerely,

Anthony.

I thought it sounded kind of fishy so I figured I'd do some research on the internet. First of all he didn't give a company name. Secondly, he had most of the information he asked for at the very top of my resume. He emailed me back, so obviously he already had my email address. And he just signed it "Anthony" which professional companies would sign full name, job title, and possibly company name.

So, heads up for people on this one. The ad has already been removed from my local listings on Craigslist. I would have flagged it if it were still there.
Thanks for your everyone's post on this scammer.
#127497 by marsun Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:39 pm
OMG! I am so glad that I found this website.

I just sent my information two days ago for this guy Peter Jacob.

When he replied and said that I got the job, I started my research and he sent me the same email that everybody posted in this page.

I am afraid and I don't know what to do, I guess I am going to block his email address.

I found the add on craiglist, Baltimore.

Any advice? I don't know what to do
#127602 by Bubbles Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:16 am
Hello marsun,

There is nothing you can do to undo what you sent to the scammer. If you gave your name and address to the scammer, there is nothing to really worry about. The scammer may send you a check. That check will actually be a forged check. Do not deposit anything you receive from the scammer or any other anonymous source into your bank account.

If you gave other identity information like your passport or social security number or banking information, then you need to contact the issuing authority or your bank and let them know you have given your information to a scammer.

I am kind of guessing what information you gave to the scammer. If you can tell more specifics, we can respond in a specific manner.

Bubbles, former Scamwarners moderator.

Rest in Peace 24 June 2015.

Gone, but never forgotten.