Fake banks, couriers, law firms, escrow and other fake sites used in scams.
#121831 by gramcam Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:50 pm
Please help,
I have just found out our company website has been cloned and is now being used in a scam!

I run a company selling high end cameras and lenses. Today I was contacted a few times by customers to check stock levels of camping equipment (something we do not sell) when I asked which website they were looking at they told me it was http://stylishkitchens.in/ on checking this out I found someone had cloned our whole site and puzzlingly added various camping equipment. Whilst keeping our company address and phone numbers they had changed the email response details. The most worrying thing is when you proceed to checkout you are forced to sign up and the first thing they ask you for is your credit card details. Now hopefully people will not be so foolish has to give these details, but as we are a reputable company with no bad reviews I am worried unsuspecting people will be scammed and think we are behind it.

I have reported this to our local police and to our website hosting company but other than telling me that the domain is owned by someone in China and hosted in India they could not do anything else to help. I would like to no how I can get this site closed down as soon as possible. any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards
Advertisement

#121838 by Mike Wilson Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:33 pm
Hello gramcam and welcome to scamwarners.

I have sent you a private message requesting additional information.

Edit Your problem has been resolved.

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon