Originating IP: 41.206.1.6
Originating ISP: Mtn Nigeria
City: Lagos
Country of Origin: Nigeria
To: Con Warner
Sent: Friday, August 10, 2012 11:11
Subject: Room available

Hello,

Thanks so much for the reply and interest in my room, Am Brooks Geraldine ,am 23 years old, My father owns the flat but is now late ,i live alone in the flat, Am a professional, I have been pretty busy , however, the room is still available .

The flat has 3 rooms ,One is for me and the other Two is available for rent.

The room has the following amenities:

The room has a very big bed that can sleep two people with
Television connected to cable
Small refrigerator apart from a big freezer in the kitchen
Private bathroom with toilet drawer
Reading desk
Wall cupboard
Internet connection

The Apartment has the following Amenities:

Washing Machine
Heater
Dish washer
Storage
A big living room fully furnished with a television connected to cable
Internet facility .

The transport facilities is quite okay in the area, the flat is very close to train station and public transport.

The rent per month is 4000 NOK and a security deposit of 6000 NOK ,The security is refundable, at the end of your stay in my flat, the security deposit will be refund back to you, The rent include all bills and bills are for Gas , Water , Electricity , tenement rate ,phone ,heater ,tax ,internet connection.

I will send to you some pictures of the room and the rental agreement form to see what next to do, hope you understand me? Thanks once again for the interest in my room while waiting to read from you.

I will like to have your skype id so that we can have a chat if you don't mind .

Best Regards,
Geraldine.

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Email: [email protected]

Latest updates regarding Internet Fraud: http://www.antifraudnews.com
Advertisement

#123613 by Con Warner Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:48 am
PLEASE MAKE PAYMENT AVAILABLE TO MY MOTHER THROUGH HER BELLOW INFORMATION NOT LATER THAN 48 HOURS YOU RECEIVED THIS AGREEMENT FORM VIA WESTERN UNION MONEY TRANSFER TO THE FOLLOWING INFO:

MRS BROOKS VICKI

93 GORE STREET, LONDON,
SW20 8JN,UNITED KINGDOM

my skype ID : brs_rut

Abusing a stolen copy of passport # 306216469
Last edited by Con Warner on Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total. Reason: New info.

#124942 by Con Warner Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:02 am
Also using the bank account details below which he claims to be his mother's.
Bank Name: UNIPOL BANCA (UGF)
Bank Address: VIALE PAPINIANO 51, MILANO, ITALY (MI)
Bank Account Name: MYRIDEL FRONDA CRUZ
Bank Account Number: 051/00010071
IBAN: IT66 G031 2711 1080 0000 0010 071
BIC: BAECIT2B

#147806 by Con Warner Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:25 pm
Another account used by this scammer...
PLEASE MAKE PAYMENT AVAILABLE TO MY MOTHER THROUGH HIS BELLOW INFORMATION NOT LATER THAN 12 HOURS AFTER YOU RECEIVED THIS AGREEMENT FORM VIA EXPRESS BANK TRANSFER THE FOLLOWING INFO:

BANK INFORMATION
Bank name : Halifax bank

Account no: 10827361

Sort Code : 110133

Name : Dean Harrison

swift code : HLFXGB22XXX

IBAN: GB52HLFX11013310827361
Bank address: London, EC2M 3UR,UK