Room for Rent and other rental scams
#127427 by vfabs Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:45 pm
HELPFUL TIP: I always use http://www.tineye.com to make sure the images people send me are theirs.

Response from a Craigslist Ad.
Subject: Re: $250 / 4br - Stylish Furnished Excellent 4 BR/3BA OPEN (BOSTON, MA)
To: Mia
CC:

Boston Vacation Rental - Now Open
Is still available for your chosen date, 1 night

Everything is Professionally Cleaned and prepared and is located in good area, on a most desirable residential.

There are NO questions that these are the BEST prices available! Come spend your vacation with us at our gorgeous place! Take a look at this Awesome Deal, now available at Wholesale Pricing! This package has everything you want and need for a memorable getaway!
The most unique thing is the location. You will not be disappointed if you rent this home!

Fantastic location - lovely people, so relaxing. Beautiful! with 2 car free parking space, perfect base for exploring all that Boston has to offer.

We offer free parking to guests and are within easy walking distance to most destinations in Mission Beach.

We shall send you all the pics, booking and agreement form and all the details as soon i have your reply to know you are interested.

Address

145 Beacon St Boston, MA 02116, USA
Price
$250 Per nights, $4500 per month
No. Rooms:
4 bedroom and 3 bathroom

Modification Details

1. 4 bedroom, 3 bath
2. Is a private unit and not shared
3. Full kitchen AND lots of different small appliances
4. lots of Entertainment with DVD players, stereo systems and game systems
5. Cleaning fee waived, no resort fees,
6. Parking, air condition, high speed internet access included

* A 50% and a Refundable security fee of $200 to enable us hold the 4 bedroom, with the balance due in cash upon arrival.
Rent with an agent who will represent only you throughout your stay, keeping your best interest in mind throughout the entire process!

Rent With Us For Less. Save money when you book your vacation home with us. Refer a friend and receive a free gas card for your next trip or how about saving 10% on your next stay with us. Ask for details when you book your vacation home with us.
We genuinely hope you have a good stay here!

Thank you

I knew this had to be a scam but I was getting desperate so just to make sure I asked him for more info and he sent me the rental agreement and some pictures. When I asked him what type of payment they accept he avoided the question and told me if I was interested to send the agreement. I sent it with bogus information from http://www.fakenamegenerator.com. This is the response I got.

to: Victoria
date: Tue, Oct 2, 2012 at 7:52 PM
subject: Re: $250 / 4br - Stylish Furnished Excellent 4 BR/3BA OPEN (BOSTON, MA)
mailed-by: sent.com
signed-by: sent.com

Hello Victoria,

We have pencil you in for your date (1 night, Oct 6, 2012). Just waiting for the booking payment confirmation to secure your reservation..we are always around for check in from 12 Noon – 9 PM. I will hand over the keys to you on your check in date.

To have the place reserved for you. You need to have the %50 deposit plus the refundable security fee which is $200 the total amount you are going to send is ($325) via money gram “on your arrival” you will pay the remaining $125 payment while i will then hand over the keys to you. Your $200 security fee will be refunded by me, on your day of departure.

You can pay the full payment now to send you your full confirmation booking payment receipt and your reservation No. The full payment is $250 booking fee plus $200 security feel (total $450). We normally give 10% discount for full payment.

The full payment to send is ($405)

We accept Money gram Transfer for last minute booking so that we can confirm your reservation immediately :

Here below our details to make payment and guarantee your booking:

Name: Tom Nelson

Address: 1059 California Avenue W, Saint Paul MN 55117

It is quite easy to find money gram location, you may find them in some store, super market or post office. To search the money gram agent in your area please visit: http://www.moneygram.com.

GET BACK TO US WITH YOUR BOOKING PAYMENT INFORMATION.

**SENDERS NAME :

**SENDERS ADDRESS :

**AMOUNT SENT:

**THE 8 DIGIT CONTROL NUMBER :

Let me know when the payment is made, so that i can prepare and forward your receipt to you. Please remember to print and come along with the booking payment receipt that i will attach and forward to you after confirmation of deposit. You would get your booking confirmation number, booking payment receipt and the real value for your money once your payment is confirmed.

Don't pass up the chance for a great stay ““Perfect place, perfect time, perfect vacation” Thanks, and have a great vacation.
Advertisement