Has someone offered you a huge sum of money or a valuable consignment? It's a 419 or advance fee fraud - find out how they work, and what to do to be safe.
#12776 by Peta Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:48 am
Here we have a fake Nigerian government official plotting to transfer an equally fake $5 Million out of Nigeria. You'll notice that he has simply addresses the email to "THE CEO". This means that the scammer has no idea to whom he has sent this scam. It has likely been sent to hundreds if not thousands of people. Should a person agree to this proposal they will soon face demands to pay a raft of fees. Probably legal fees and transaction charges. All charges are fraudulent. The $5 Million does not exist.

Received: by 10.239.156.68 <- Gmail IP won’t give us the location of scammer
Date: Sat, 8 Aug 2009 07:08:50 -0700
Delivered-To: [email protected]
Subject: ATTN:THE CEO
To: *****@yahoo.com

FROM THE DESK OF THE MINISTER FOR FOREIGN
AFFAIRS, FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA
HON.CHIEF OJO MADUEKWE
TELEPHONE:234-1-8730766
E-MAIL CONTACT : [email protected] <- Sify is a free email service NOT used in any official capacity by the Nigerian government

ATTN:THE CEO,
I am Hon. Chief Ojo Maduekwe, Minister of Foreign Affairs; my office monitors And controls the affairs of all banks and financial institutions in Nigeria Concerned with foreign contract payments, and I am the final signatory To all foreign transfers of huge funds moving within banks both the local And international levels inline to foreign contracts settlement.

I have before me the list of foreign contractors payment files, which Are due to be transferred to their nominated accounts.

Meanwhile, we identified some of these accounts to be ghost accounts, unclaimed Deposits and over-invoiced sum e.t.c. I want to add your name among the Under listed contractors expecting their funds to be transferred into their accounts, On this note; I wish to have a deal with you as regards to the unpaid fund.

I have the file before me and hope they data's are correct and Un-tampered unless you reconfirm your banking details for me to properly Authenticate them.

As it is my duty to recommend the transfer of these surplus funds to the Federal Government Treasury and Reserve Accounts as unclaimed deposits.

I have the opportunity to write you based on the instructions I Received two days ago from the Senate Committee on Contract Payments/ Foreign Debts to submit the List of payment reports expenditures and audited reports Of revenues. Among several others, I have decided to remit the contract Sum to your nominated account following my idea that we have a deal/agreement And I am going to perfect the paperwork legally.

MY CONDITIONS.

1. The sum of USD$5M only will be paid into an account I will provide You after you have confirmed the transfer of the fund into your account by Telegraphic Transfer (T/T), confirmable in 3 working days.

2. This deal must be kept secret forever, and all correspondence will Be strictly by private email /telephone and fax, for security purposes.

3. There should be no other third parties as most problems associated With such payments are caused by their agents or representatives.

If you AGREE with my conditions, l will advise you on the next line of Action on my private E-mail contact: [email protected] and immediately the Fund transfer will commence without further delay, as I would proceed to fix Your name on the Payment schedule instantly to meet the 10 working days.

Regards
HON. CHIEF OJO MADUEKWE
(FOREIGN AFFAIRS MINISTER)
Advertisement

#13308 by Peta Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:19 am
Same scammer as above but new email address to reply to. A google search on the phone number "234-1-8730766" reveals that the scammer was using the same contact number and same scam script back in July 2008.

Received: from [41.204.224.12]
Date: Sat, 22 Aug 2009
"Minister Hon.Chief Ojo maduekwe" <[email protected]>
Subject: ATTN:THE CEO,
To: ***@***.com.au

FROM THE DESK OF THE MINISTER FOR FOREIGN
AFFAIRS, FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA
HON.CHIEF OJO MADUEKWE
TELEPHONE:234-1-8730766
E-MAIL CONTACT : [email protected]

My Dear Good Friend,
I am Hon. Chief Ojo Maduekwe, Minister of Foreign Affairs; my office monitors And controls the affairs of all banks and financial institutions in Nigeria Concerned with foreign contract payments, and I am the final signatory To all foreign transfers of huge funds moving within banks both the local And international levels inline to foreign contracts settlement.

I have before me the list of foreign contractors payment files, which Are due to be transferred to their nominated accounts.

Meanwhile, we identified some of these accounts to be ghost accounts, unclaimed Deposits and over-invoiced sum e.t.c. I want to add your name among the Under listed contractors expecting their funds to be transferred into their accounts, On this note; I wish to have a deal with you as regards to the unpaid fund.

I have the file before me and hope they data's are correct and Un-tampered unless you reconfirm your banking details for me to properly Authenticate them.

As it is my duty to recommend the transfer of these surplus funds to the Federal Government Treasury and Reserve Accounts as unclaimed deposits.

I have the opportunity to write you based on the instructions I Received two days ago from the Senate Committee on Contract Payments/ Foreign Debts to submit the List of payment reports expenditures and audited reports Of revenues. Among several others, I have decided to remit the contract Sum to your nominated account following my idea that we have a deal/agreement And I am going to perfect the paperwork legally.

MY CONDITIONS.

1. The sum of USD$5M only will be paid into an account I will provide You after you have confirmed the transfer of the fund into your account by Telegraphic Transfer (T/T), confirmable in 3 working days.

2. This deal must be kept secret forever, and all correspondence will Be strictly by private email /telephone and fax, for security purposes.

3. There should be no other third parties as most problems associated With such payments are caused by their agents or representatives.

If you AGREE with my conditions, l will advise you on the next line of Action on my private E-mail contact: [email protected] and immediately the Fund transfer will commence without further delay, as I would proceed to fix Your name on the Payment schedule instantly to meet the 10 working days.

Regards
HON. CHIEF OJO MADUEKWE
(FOREIGN AFFAIRS MINISTER)