Information on romance scams and scammers.

hi

#126702 by louisekent Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:57 am
THIS IS AN EMAIL I RECEIVED FROM MY SOLDIER FRIEND, he said this is the final document so that he can finally have his leave, PLEASE ADVICE...HOWEVER, ATTACHMENT IS NOT INCLUDED, IF YOU NEED TO SEE THE ATTACHMENT PLEASE ADVICE...

"Following an application submitted by the US military leave transit department in Kabul, Afghanistan, on your behalf, stating that you will become the next of kin to Sergeant Richard Kapcoe; We, the financial department, have been authorized to release/transfer to you the total amount of $150,000.00 being the total leave bonus amount.

We have attached the release form and you are required to sign it and send it back to this office for further proceedings. We await your urgent correspondence. Thank you.

In Service,
Colonel Anthony Williams.
US Military Service.
Advertisement

#126703 by Bubbles Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:12 am
Welcome to ScamWarners. Please post the email address this scammer is using to contact you. Yes it is totally a scam. Please read this from our topic on Military Scams:
Dotti wrote:Help Getting Leave scam

In this scam the fake soldier will tell you that he would like to meet you but in order to do that he will need to make an application for leave which will require a fee to be paid.
You will be introduced to other characters played by the scammer, supposedly his superiors or other government officials, who will tell you that fees such as a "replacement officer fee" need to be paid (often by Western Union or Money Gram) to various departments or officials such as Department of Defense or Homeland Security.
After you pay the fee, the scammer will give you a new reason as to why he can't be with you, requiring you to send even more money to overcome this fictitious obstacle. This cycle will continue as long as the victim is willing to pay.

Important facts to note about Military leave:

Military leave is not bought. There are never fees to be paid before leave will be granted.
A visit to a boyfriend/girlfriend/fiancee would not qualify as emergency leave.
An outside person can not apply for leave for someone in the US military. Only the soldier can apply, through official military channels.

If you are corresponding with someone who claims to be from any branch of the US military, and he asks you to complete ANY military forms, or you are contacted by any "military official" in relation to him/her, it is a scam.

See the whole post here: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=6527

Please be sure you have read and understand what Dotti wrote to you here: viewtopic.php?p=126455#p126455

Bubbles, former Scamwarners moderator.

Rest in Peace 24 June 2015.

Gone, but never forgotten.
#127006 by louisekent Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:38 am
phone number being used to contact me varies, these are the numbers : 81277839045; 001020048; 0027783904509; 020048...where are these come from??
#127356 by louisekent Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:32 am
I ALWAYS hang up? is this what you say now? Okay, then i will stop calling you if you say i 'always' hang up when i call. I think you must be very confused and not thinking straight anymore, because i call you only with one number and the number is programmed between only you and me. It is a south african telecommunication company affiliated and working for the US Army so that is why maybe the number is registered in their country and roamed. You have been making payments there because they recieve fees for us.....so i wonder why/how that is difficult for you to figure out. Unless maybe you just allowing your mind to be filled up with wrong things and you are looking for a wrong in me where there is none.

Romance scam??? what is that??? do you mean i am cheating you???

Of course i will pay the loans, was that not
our plan??? you are really confusing me with your comments and i dont really know whats gone wrong with you now! what/whose relationship is 'not real' ??

All i am concerned with right now is to leave this place so i need to know whether or not you recieve any emails from the financial department and have you signed my bonus release approval form??? Kindly answer these queries, thank you.
#127358 by louisekent Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:38 am
oney, i must tell you this; you truly dissapoint me today on the phone acting so childish. My heart is torn with the feeling that you probably assume that i don't wanna be there with you or it is my fault for the delay...that is a sign of lack of trust and thus i am highly broken down and dissapointed from/in you.

First of all you go and talk to people and your friends about us??!!???? why on earth should you do that when you know how circumstantial and divine intervention our meeting and falling in love is? We on our own sometimes find it overwhelming and amazing how we fall in love so deeply to eachother and we cannot even understand; so how do you expect other people to understand??? Baby, hold my hand tight and we stick together. We can and will finish this whole process now! stop acting foolish!...i know you are not foolish,but you panic and then do something uneccessary. Secondly, whoever told you that the US soldier cannot have he's military have a transfer transaction of his own bonus fund or salary to any account of he's choice anywhere in the world is just ignorant saddist who does not wish you well. I am having my leave bonus entiltled in your name and sent to you before i will have access to exit base officially. You are not even greatful that i will entrust you with so much as a life fortune of wealth and you dare to doubt my honesty and everlasting love for you??? I never knew you could be so ungreatful baby! You go and talk about us to people you think are your friends and wish you well??? Do you not know that it is not evrybody who acts like your friend that truly wish you well and happiness in your life...many of them will be immediately jealous of you the moment you mention your fiancee is a US military soldier, let me just warn you if you do not know, be careful of how much of your life concerns you tell people!

I think the finacial dept should have contacted you, because we contacted them and questioned the delay since i was gone to somalia and they said they only got full authorization from the headquaters in America 2 nights ago. Now i want you to check your email and see if you recieved from them yet. If so, then sign the document and send it back to them. Send me a copy too. It is the document for the release of my bonus to you.

if you do not trust me anymore because you fill your head with what people tell you lies, then PLEASE just tell me and i will leave you alone and never bother you again. I will cancel my leave, but still permit them to send to you some part of my leave bonus money for you to cover up all the loans we got. I will NEVER continue to be with you or any woman who does not trust and believe in me or what i say 100%. I will not tolerate your behaviour today again, because i cannot have you panicking and freaking out that way on me. I am doing all the fighting and pushing here to make the process faster so i do not need you killing down my spirit like that!!!

Just let me know what you decide. If you rather believe what your friends and people tell you to what me and you have together then i cannot continue to be with you. So i can cancel the leave permission and send you back all the money to pay back loans....

Rich
Last edited by louisekent on Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
#127359 by Dotti Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:47 am
This is a very typical scammer response. Deny everything and continue to play the role, hoping that you will be pulled into the scam again, and will feel guilty for reporting him as a scammer.

It's a very common tactic of scammers to use guilt to convince their victims to ultimately pay even more money.

Again, there is NO leave request, no soldier, and no "leave bonus money." There is just a low-life, scumbag thief, who is not even American, let alone a soldier. The writing tells me he is African. He is more than happy to lie to you and even break your heart so that he can steal your money.

At this point, it is best to not answer or hang up when he calls, and block his email address (or simply change email addresses yourself).

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
#127362 by Bryon Williams Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:03 am
Hello louisekent,

As Dotti and Bubbles have said it is a scam. This person is in South Africa. He or his gang is playing all the roles in this scam. As of today, he still writes from South Africa. Most likely in a Cyber Cafe. Which explains his phone number resolving in South Africa (Country code +27 is South Africa) and payments made to South Africa.

Oct 02 2012

[email protected]

Bryanston, Gauteng, South Africa

Header Analysis Quick Report
Originating IP: 41.151.204.46
Originating ISP: Telkom Sa Limited
City: Johannesburg
Country of Origin: South Africa

Oct 5, 2012 Edit to add.

[email protected]
Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa

All lies
It is a south african telecommunication company affiliated and working for the US Army so that is why maybe the number is registered in their country and roamed. You have been making payments there because they recieve fees

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/

hi

#127880 by louisekent Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:37 am
Re: please respond...

Hide Details
SrgtRichard Bailey - [email protected]

Message flagged Friday, October 5, 2012 12:35 PM
WHAT IS GOING ON WITH YOU???? PLEASE FOR CHRISTSAKE ANSWER ME!!!!! THIS IS VERY ANNOYING AND IRRITATING. WHY CAN'T YOU BE BOLD AND SAY WHATS ON YOUR MIND???

he keeps sending me mail...

what should i do now??
#127961 by vonpaso xlura Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:17 pm
I'm guessing this is a scammer you've been talking with? Just ignore him. No matter how much he talks, ignore him. If he talks a friend of his into pretending to be the FBI and telling you you're committing a crime by not answering the first scammer, ignore that too. Eventually he'll go away.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10
#128078 by louisekent Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:52 am
Re: Contact the phone company.
Hide Details

SrgtRichard Bailey

Message flagged
Tuesday, June 5, 2012 10:40 PM
Hello dearie,

Was really nice catching up with you tonight, even though it was only for a short time. I truly feel in my heart that we could both become an item and enjoy a relationship built on trust, commitment and happiness...because my heart cant stop thinking about you. I am eager to meet you now....*smile*

I made inquiry on the phone connection. Most of my soldier mates are connected with their families on the phones programmed only for them; we can also send and receive text messages and chat with you from my base room. This will really help me a lot, because it will stop me from going to the base cafe at night again and when the communication access application is approved and we start telecommunication regularly, the base will be aware that you are my relation or family, hence if we subsequently request for a war exit leave to visit you they will grant me
the base data connection here in Afghanistan does not function now, so i was told, hence we have to apply through our SA (South African) US Military base; where they affiliate with a private communication company Vodacom in SA. Honey, please contact them through e-mail: [email protected] and tell them that you want to connect with me (your fiancee) from the Kabul US Military base E61 on programmed phone. They will give you further procedures and directive on how you can subscribe for it. After the subscription is complete they will give me a data line card and a programmed phone encoded with your telephone phone number. It also comes with free internet access and I will be able to call you and chat with you any time we want. So darling I think this should do us well and bring us closer together. Make sure you send the email to them soon and let me know.

Kiss kiss!!!
Your s Richard
#128096 by Bubbles Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:16 am
I have brought as many of the posts about this scammer: SrgtRichard Bailey together in one place so the questions and answers can be found in one topic instead of being scattered all over the site.

We prefer to have one topic per scammer so all information is found in one place.

Bubbles, former Scamwarners moderator.

Rest in Peace 24 June 2015.

Gone, but never forgotten.
#128326 by louisekent Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:37 am
Re: hi

Hide Details
SrgtRichard Bailey

Message flagged Tuesday, May 29, 2012 8:58 AM
dear,

I hope you are well?. I am usually okay, but at times like this (especially tonight) it just becomes too much to bear. I cannot sleep tonight from thinking of you…*smile*

I just have to tell you, to share with you that sacred part of my inner, secret life, the thoughts I think that everyone has but does not always say. I know that sometimes pride gets in the way of expressing emotions. I believe that is the cause of my reticence in telling you how I feel sometimes, that and the fact that passion in an extreme state can be scary, you almost just want to shut it away for fear that it will eventually destroy you. I think of my feelings for you not with craving or with hope or even desire, but just with a kind of wonder that such things could be. You have opened my eyes to how love should feel. I can promise you this, I will never again settle for less.

But, at this time in both of our lives, we are surrounded by possibilities of choice, open doors and wide horizons, which I know, may come between us. But I also know and hope that they could eventually bring us together, with both of us being better people for the time we spent apart. And so for now I function between maybe and maybe not. It's a strange mixture of love and sex and sorrow and hope and longing and faith. And even though you are far away, you're all that I can see, I carry you with me through all my days and I miss you more than I can say. Also, remember this - I care for you no less than if you were right here now…I am nothing like the other guys who left you because they couldn’t see beyond the natural and capture your inner beauty.

I know I have a tendency to be impetuous at times - thus the reason for this letter. I think I will mail it now, before I consider what you might think of it. I love you and am waiting for the day when I can feel your arms around me again.

Kiss Kiss!!
Richard.