Information on romance scams and scammers.
#128410 by scammed2x Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:40 pm
I was approached on a Match.com free weekend March 17, 2012 by several men. At least 2 are scammers that asked me for money. The one that I corresponded with for several months called himself David Cox Hewitt. Said he was a divorced father on one girl, Nikki, a civil engineer who lives in Loveland, Colorado but originally from Sydney, Australia. I have read the warnings on this site way too late after I had wired him $2300 cash through Western Union and even sent him an Iphone 4S. After sending money several times he became hard to get in touch with and I asked for a picture ID....he sent me an id with a picture that was on his Match. com profile and a very close match to an image I found when I search for google images of "Australian drivers license". When I confronted him he would not answer his phone or my emails. I have hundreds of emails and texts he sent me along with my Western Union receipts. I have several pictures, hundreds of emails and texts (even our wedding vows)!

He uses the email address [email protected]. He loves to send videos as a way to express himself. Here is his top ten
"Thought I would share my "top ten" list. This is a list of qualities I came up with to measure a woman. They are a list of values I want in my partner. Here goes:
1. Freedom - I need someone that enjoys freedom, that has interests of their own and allows freedom in another.
2. Compassion/Kindness - The Dalia Lama says that compassion is the greatest power. So true..
3. Spontaneity - I love being spur of the moment, living in the moment. Yesterday is history, tomorrow a mystery, and today a gift. That's why they call it the present.
4. Responsibility/Stability - I need to rely on the other person to be there for me and to have our life together.
5. Healthy body, mind and spirit.
6. Humorous - If you cannot find the humor in life, then what is the point?
7. Spirituality - My partner must think on a different level and I am not talking about religion.
8. Intelligence - Must I say more?
9. Passionate - I love a woman that is passionate about life, about the little things, about love.
10. Respectful - One must show respect for their partner."

I can't seem to upload a pic of him but will keep trying.
Advertisement

#134751 by fsr8891 Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:27 pm
I received the exact list from a person calling himself Davis Smith. Says he's from the UK single dad of a 17 year old. Hasn't asked for money or anything else but... Suspicious from the start but played along at first. He cuts and pastes that list as well as poetry and is overboard on expressing feelings. Have a photo. Would be curious I'd it's the same person. Would be interested in any insight or other similar experiences.
#134776 by Bubbles Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:39 am
Welcome to ScamWarners fsr8891. It is real difficult to know if the scammers are the same. IPs may help, but some scammers post from internet cafes, so two different scammers could be using the same computer.

Scammers have no shame and no honor. The email messages being the same could be that one scammer stole the script from a different scammer, OR they each bought the script from the same source. They could be part of a scammer gang which gives them the script for a portion of the money received. It COULD be the same scammer posting from one of his other email addresses.

There are probably more options as to why the email messages are the same. Typically, we don't really care as we know we cannot get to the real person behind the scam. Thank you for being a Member here.

Bubbles, former Scamwarners moderator.

Rest in Peace 24 June 2015.

Gone, but never forgotten.
#134928 by ratt84 Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:58 am
facebook.com/marcy.maholovichmims
Marcy Maholovich Mims
Advertising Sales Supervisor at al.com
Studied at University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa
Female

#369989 by Rachelalmond Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:52 pm
I received exactly same 'top ten list' from a guy who approached me through Facebook about two months ago. He called himself "Barry West", a German American who lost his wife three years ago and currently lives in California with 16 yrs old daughter, Francesca. He said now he is in China for a big project and wanted to see me after the project execution. He hasn't ask me any money yet, but now I believe he is a fake and a fraud.

His top ten list is down below:

Freedom - I need someone that enjoys freedom, that has interests of their own and allows freedom in another.
Compassion/Kindness - The Dalia Lama says that compassion is the greatest power. So true..
Spontaneity - I love being spur of the moment, living in the moment. Yesterday is history, tomorrow a mystery, and today a gift. That's why they call it the present.
Responsibility/Stability - I need to rely on the other person to be there for me and to have our life together.
Healthy - Body, mind and spirit.
Humorous - If you cannot find the humour in life, then what is the point?
Spirituality - My partner must think on a different level and I am not talking about religion.
Intelligence - Must I say more?
Passionate - I love a woman that is passionate about life, about the little things, about love.
Respectful - One must show respect for their partner.

I can say he is a pro, or a very good actor at least if I remember the way he showed me for caring and understanding me on the phone. He didn't get any money from me, but he hurt me very deeply.