Information on romance scams and scammers.
#79901 by vpj Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:03 pm
Jordan Knoc also asks you to send money to a Sheryl Kitchen @ 33 Gail Lane Hughesville, PA 17737
This might be a good place to start when looking into finding these people.
Advertisement

#80076 by began steele Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:22 am
The address won't have anything to do with the real location of scammer. Scammer can collect the money from anywhere. It is just possible the address could be a victim sucked into a fake job scam and forwarding money but not so likely.

We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. ~~ George Orwell.
#80633 by vpj Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:34 pm
This is all the info that was sent to me today just hoping no one is actually doing this.

LEAVE APPROVAL
Hide Details
Message flagged
Monday, January 9, 2012 8:40 AM
Message body

DESK OF CAPTAIN BOBY LEE
LEAVE? PROCESSING DEPT.
UNITED STATE.

THIS WARRANT IS ISSUED OUT TO You ON THE LEAVE REQUEST OF OUR BASE MEMBER, (SERGEANT JORDAN KNOC) THE REQUEST TRANSIT SCRIPT IS AUTHORIZED. SERGEANT JORDAN KNOC WILL BE FREE TO LEAVE HIS DEPLOYED COUNTRY OF TOUR AFTER DUE PROCESS ARE COMPLETED ACCORDINGLY.

TERMS AND CONDITION
*SHORT PERIOD OF LEAVE CAN BE REQUESTED FOR A SOLDIER BY HIS OR HER SPOUSE,FAMILY IMMEDIATEE OR EXTENTED WITH A GENUINE REASON.
*MAXIMUM OF LEAVE CAN ONLY BE GIVEN TO SOLDIER ON DEPLOYMENT IS THREE MONTH.
*ANY OFFICER UNDER DEPLOYMENT ARE NOT AUTHORIZED FOR LEAVE BY THEMSELF.
*RETURNING OFFICER APPLYING FOR LEAVE WILL BE LIABLE TO RECEIVE SOME AMOUNT OF MONEY AS (LEAVE BONUS) WHICH WILL BE CLAIM BY HIS OR HER BENEFICIARY.
*SPOUSE OR FAMILY OF EMPLOYEE WHO IS REQUESTING FOR LEAVE MUST MEET THE RETURNING OFFICER AT HIS SCHEDULE AIRPORT.
*SERVICE MEMBER UNDERGOING TREATMENT ,DUE TO SERIOUS ILLNESS MAY NOT BE GRANTED LEAVE ,LIBERTY OR AN ADMINISTRATIVE ABSENCE UNLESS THE ATTENDING PHYSICIAN DETERMINES THE HEALTH CONDITION OF THE RETURNING OFFICER.

THE TRANSIT DEPARTMENT OF ARMY WOULD LIKE TO INFORM YOU THAT WE ARE IN RECEIPT OF YOUR MESSAGE AND THE CONTENT WAS REVIEWED AND DULY NOTED.

YOUR REQUEST WAS RECEIVED AND HAS BEEN FORWARDED TO ALL THE NECESSARY DEPARTMENT OF THE US ARMY FOR AUTHORIZATION. THE DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE HAS REVIEW THE PROFILES OF THE SERVICE MEMBER (SERGEANT JORDAN KNOC) ON BEHALF OF WHICH ?LEAVE? REQUEST IS FILE AND CONFIRMED ELIGIBLE. THERE IS AN ATTESTATION LETTER WHICH WE URGE YOU TO WRITE ABOUT THE SAID OFFICER AND SEND BACK TO US FOR FURTHER PROCESSING OF THE ABOVE NAMED OFFICER.

THE TRANSIT DEPARTMENT OF US ARMY WOULD LIKE TO CONFIRM TO YOU THAT REQUEST CONCERNING THE PROCESS OF (SERGEANT JORDAN KNOC) ?LEAVE? HAS BEEN AUTHORIZED WITH IMMEDIATE EFFECT ACCORDING TO THE D.O.D POLICY ON ?LEAVE?, PASS AND LIBERTY . A PROCESSING CHARGES OF $500.00 USD HAS TO BE PAID FOR IT TO BE APPROVED AND HIS NAME WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE NEXT BATCH OF US ARMY RETURNING HOME FROM AFGHANISTAN. ALL UPDATE ABOUT YOUR REQUEST WILL BE ADVIS DIRECTLY TO YOU.

BELOW IS THE ADDRESS WHERE YOU ARE TO SEND THE PROCESSING CHARGES FOR. APPROVAL?

FINANCIAL SECRETARY

NAME :BOBBY LEE
STATE : NEW YORK
POST CODE: 33221

ONCE WE CONFIRM THE RECEIPT OF THE PAYMENT THROUGH WESTERN UNION AND THE ATTESTATION LETTER IS CAREFULLY WRITTEN, WE WILL SEND A MESSAGE TO THE SAID OFFICER AND FLIGHT SCHEDULE WILL BE SEND TO THE COMMANDANT IN-CHARGE OF THE SAID OFFICER FOR AWARENESS OF LEAVING THE CAMP.

IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTION TO ASK, PLEASE DO NOT HESITATE TO CONTACT THE BELOW ADDRESS.

CAPTAIN BOBBY LEE

UNITED STATE

EMAIL: [email protected]

BEST REGARDS,

PROCESSING OFFICER,
TRANSIT DEPARTMENT US ARMY.

Copyright © ?Military? Service Benefit All Rights Reserved

Reply to:

Reply to [email protected]

Send
#80717 by began steele Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:06 am
THE ATTESTATION LETTER IS CAREFULLY WRITTEN,

Got to be better written than that illiterate junk sent !
All written by an African, for a number of reasons not mentioned here.
Thanks for the info vpj. It all helps beat scammers and protects potential victims. :=)

We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. ~~ George Orwell.
#103671 by began steele Tue May 22, 2012 4:07 am

#107630 by Grunt Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:59 am
viewtopic.php?p=79784#p79784

same pic here
QP
alex shepherd
44 / Male
Louisiana, Sino, Liberia
Joined 04/08/12
Basic info
Display name: alex shepherd
First Name: alex
Last name: shepherd
Birthday: March 27th of 1968
State (Region): Sino
City: Lousiana

Hi love, how are you?...im captain shepherd of the US Army,im 44,single and new on the site..i was wondering if i could get a good chance of knowing you better, and me too.
here is my id..we can write or chat privately if its ok..<alvashepherd at ymail.com>,
i hope to read from you soon
kisses
Alex
#107633 by Grunt Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:11 pm
FB
Alex V Shepherd
Works at United States Army

facebook.com
Nicolas Tudorvasquez
Lives in Kabul, Afghanistan
From New York, New York

migente.com/alvashepherd/

facebook.com
Alex Vasquez
Lives in San Antonio, Texas
Widowed
#107635 by Grunt Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:13 pm
seems like as if the pics of the real guy are stolen from a soldier called Alex Vasquez - MS profile -
stationed in Vilseck, Rose Barracks, Germany
#107649 by Grunt Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:01 pm
To [email protected]
Opened 2012/06/10
Location Montclair, New Jersey, United States (86% likelihood)
Opened on reliablesite.dmarc.nj3.atlanticmetro.net (108.60.145.58:57715)

IP: 108.60.145.58
Hostname: reliablesite.dmarc.nj3.atlanticmetro.net
ISP: Atlantic Metro Communications
Organization: Atlantic Metro Communications
Services: Suspected network sharing device
Type: Corporate
State/Region: New York
City: New York

Hello love...how are you,the weather and thy heart, i feel glad receiving from you and yes love..you did get the email right...well ask anything you want to know love..i will gladly say..I'm from New Orleans but on deployment now in Afghanistan(Kabul)...,i am here for a peace keeping mission. i am the captain assigned to the sixth ranger battalion here in Kabul,Nato base in Afghanistan.I have a kid,Terry,he resides with my aunt..tell me about you too love..are you single,do you have kids,what do you do for a living? and where are you at the moment?..i search of love and all its vital component,trust,love and sincerity,good commitment....
i attached here some pictures of me,
i hope you like them,
send me photos of you too,
i wait your sweet letter.
kisses for you

Received: from [108.60.145.58]
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2012
#109556 by Grunt Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:01 pm
Thanks for your kind respond and also giving us an opportunity in getting to knw more about each other.I'm willing to share more of myself with you and I really don't know where to start but I am willing to go as far as forever with you...I sent you an email earlier love...I was hoping you reply me...
I wait for your sweet letter
Kisses
Alex
Sent from TS2 satellite internet:

Thanks for your kind respond
I never wrote back :lol:

Received: from b18.c11.bise7.blackberry (alvashepherd@178.239.85.230 with xymcookie)
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2012
#114440 by ratt84 Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:36 am
changed his profile pic on quepasa.com
alex shepherd
44 / Male
Louisiana, Sino, Liberia :shock:
Joined 04/08/12

alex shepherd July 19 at 6:38 pm
Hi love, how are you?...im captain shepherd of the US Army,i'm 44,i'm single and new on the site..i was wondering if i could get a good chance of knowing you better, and me too.
here is my id..we can write or chat privately if its ok? (alvashepherd at ymail.com) ..
i look forward reading from you soon
kisses
Alex

#128563 by crazy2012 Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:41 am
I have one of these exact same scenarios. Except her name is Theresa Napolitan, rank of Matron attached to the USAF in Kabul as a nurse.

I see these scams take time to foment. She has been working me for 3 weeks. Emails, pictures and even did a webcam chat the other night.

When I got the "request for leave" paperwork, I was suspicious and did a search for this Col Blain. Thats how I found this forum site. I filled out the paper and emailed it back. They sent me a congratulations email that her leave was approved and that I need to pay a refundable $300 deposit. And that I would get the money back when I received her. I was laughing as it is like claiming a package.
#128620 by Bubbles Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:40 pm
Welcome to ScamWarners crazy2012, it is great that you checked on this. We are glad information here helped keep you from falling into the scammer's trap.

Bubbles, former Scamwarners moderator.

Rest in Peace 24 June 2015.

Gone, but never forgotten.
#129237 by began steele Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:51 pm
Hey crazy! I laughed too. We do allow humour and laughter on SW UNLESS Bubbles or Dotti step in and forbids it. It's the other scam the :dancebaby: eaters indulge in.Sorry ADMIN :bowdown: I will promise to keep a :cry: