Has someone offered you a huge sum of money or a valuable consignment? It's a 419 or advance fee fraud - find out how they work, and what to do to be safe.
#10590 by Arnold Sun Jun 14, 2009 3:12 pm
the new governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria. No reports yet of scammers claiming to be him, but it's only a matter of time.
Charles Soludo retired at the end of May, and at least two of his alter egos have modified their scripts accordingly.

Advertisement

#10593 by Peta Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:47 am
Hi Arnold,

The scammers are definitely already well up to date with the current state of play regarding the changeover at the helm of the Central Bank of Nigeria. I received this one below 11 Jun where a scammer is representing himself as "Dr. Sanusi Lamido Sanusi "

Return-Path: [email protected]
X-Originating-IP: [82.128.26.21]
To: <*****@gmail.com>
Subject: New Executive Governor, CBN.
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 19:12:01 +0000

Governor’s Office

Plot 33 Abubaker Tafawa Balewa May
Central Business District,
Cadastral Zone, Abuja,
Federal Capital Territory
Lagos Liaison office of the Governor
Direct/Line: +234-8028830966

Our Ref. CBN/XOF/GBL-AG/009
Telebanking
11/06/09

Attn: Mrs. ***** *****,

Re: Reconciliation of Fund Transfer

Madam,

I wish to draw to your attention that, I am the newly appointed Executive Governor of Central Bank of Nigeria. While scrutinizing CBN foreign payment file, I discover some irregularities of double claims in your file which was why this payment was withheld up till date. Therefore, I need your urgent attention immediately to ratify this indication of two beneficiaries because there are double names for this payment while in the record of CBN here shows that you are the equitable beneficiary of the indicated fund.

Therefore, you are instructed to urgently get back to me through my direct line for ratification of this error. As a matter of fact, my system of operation does not require such bureaucratic protocols hence we can simply dispatch some documents to your address and transfer your fund direct to your bank account.

Will let me hear from you first because I also believer in Justices.

Yours Faithfully,

Dr. Sanusi Lamido Sanusi
(New) Executive Governor, CBN
#10819 by Ralph Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:25 am
Here is another one fresh in

----- Forwarded Message ----
From: Central Bank Payment Notification <[email protected]>
Sent: Saturday, June 20, 2009
Subject: From: Mallam Sanusi Lamido Aminu Sanusi (IMMEDIATE CONTRACT PAYMENT.#.CONTRACT MAV/NNPC/FGN/MIN/009

ATTN: HONOURABLE CONTRACTOR,

I am Mallam Sanusi Lamido Aminu Sanusi The Newly Executive Governor Central Bank Of Nigeria, As I Formally Assumed Duty On June 3, 2009. I Discover That From Our Records File, Your Are Among The Beneficiary That Has Not Receive There Payment From The Nigeria Government, You Are Advised To Send Your Names, Address, Tel Numbers, Bank Account And Your Id For Immediate Transfer Of $25,5m Within 24 Hours Which You Do Not Receive From Formal Governor Prof. Charles Soludo.

Yours Truly
Mallam Sanusi Lamido Aminu Sanusi
DIRECTLINE:234-805-0743411
#11110 by 419Scambuster Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:39 am
Hi all, I'm new to this board but not new to scams, specially not the African ones, below is the latest variant of the 419 scam, received today 30JUN09.

What's new?

1) In order to hide their real IP adresses, they use 'webpage forwarding by email'; so there's no telling where they are located.

2) Strangely enough there's no mentioning of 'millions of dollars' even though the story is just as pathetic as the Abacha's, Kabila's and the rest of them:

QUOTE:

MR. SANUSI LAMIDO AMINU SANUSI saw this on Norris-Whitney Communications and
thought you should see it:

URL: http://nor.com/

Additional Comments:
------------------------------------
Attn: Sir/Madam,

PLEASE KINDLY REPLY ONLY IF YOU ARE AMONG OF OUR BENEFICIARIES

Highest greetings of the day to you, this circular should not be seen as a
surprise but a step further to correct the mistake of the past. As a newly
appointed Governor of Central Bank due to my credibility and my holding of
different portfolio in banking sector with the experience of more than 25
years in service, I deem it necessary to first touch the area which has been
making it difficult for eligible beneficiaries to put smile on their faces.

I will like to inform you that the system has been change for good as you are
aware that the Nigerian government is fighting both day and night to redeem
her name by establishing so many security agencies that will fight against all
these malpractices. Moreover, with the new development beneficiaries are
requested to submit their contract/inheritance details to my office direct to
prevent any prank by any of our official. With the introduction of new
scientific means of transferring fund from one country
to another, we have included three different ways in which beneficiaries
desire to receive their fund, these are: -

i. Payment through an International Certified Bank Draft.
ii. Bank Draft or ATM Card
iii. Bank to Bank transfer through a Swift

These three systems are almost the same procedures it depends on the system
that the beneficiaries require for his/her fund to be transferred. I will
never stop this message without asking you to forgive whatever the hardship
the other past administration has put you through in your effort to get your
fund transferred.

For your information, I have decided to give you a code whenever you are
writing an email to me, this code is “SUCCESS 09” whenever you are replying to
my email always include it in the TOP of your email as a SUBJECT, to prevent
the email hackers from getting the information of beneficiaries to be little
my good intension. I await your urgent response and a phone call from you for
more oral discussion. Your maximum corporation is important

Please kindly furnish to me your detail information and the mode of payment
that you may wish. Please kindly reply to ([email protected])

My regards,

MR. SANUSI LAMIDO AMINU SANUSI
Governor, Central Bank of Nigeria
Email: [email protected]
Plot 33, Abubakar Tafawa Balewa Way
Central Business District,Cadastral Zone,
Abuja, Federal Capital Territory, Nigeria.

------------------------------------

This message was sent from Norris-Whitney Communications (http://www.nor.com/)

UNQUOTE
#11134 by Ralph Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:23 am
Hi Scambuster

Great to have you with us. :D

Thanks for the details you posted, it can and often does save people from being scammed :wink:
#12941 by jharris76567 Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:16 am
I received this email today 8/14/2009 just wanted to make sure it is available to save someone from losing money to these people. I myself lost $2400.00 to one of these scammers 2 years ago. the email is as follows

Dear ,

On resume of office as Executive Governor, Central Bank of Nigeria last month, I
was going through some files this evening and discovered huge amount fund
floating in your name that is yet to be claimed.

I will like to hear from you before going into conclusion on reason why the fund
is yet to be paid to you as rightful beneficiary of the fund. I will appreciate
your kind response to this massage before Monday as I planned to conclude my
investigation and decide on necessary action that befits the situation of the
fund.

Regards

Lamido A Sanusi.

I hope this saves you some time and heartbreak.
Jason
#12944 by The Enchantress Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:44 am
Welcome to Scamwarners jharris76567. Thank You for posting this information on this scammer.

Your post will alert and save many potential victims. Well Done :=)

Will you please post the mail address that this scammer used, together with any further information.

If you have any questions of concerns a support team member will be glad to assist you and answer any questions.

Photos - are scammers using yours? click here
Are you falling for a love scammer? click here
Never send money by Western Union/Moneygram.
Never give personal information.
Online anyone can claim to be anyone, any age and from anywhere.
#21082 by Ichi Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:49 pm
FROM THE GOVERNOR OF CENTRAL BANK OF NIGERIA?
Sent: Fri 1/29/10 6:41 AM
To: <Removed> - Michelle
1 attachment
IDENTITY ...jpg (52.3 KB)

CENTRAL BANK OF NIGERIATINUBU SQUARE LAGOS.NEWLY APPOINTED Executive Governor..... REF:- INSTRUCTION TO CREDIT YOUR ACCOUNT WITH THE SUM OF (US$40,000,000.00) THis is to inform you that David Knox is our webmaster that build ourwebsite and programe it too and he is the owner of the group,KennedyFranklin is the person who told us that you're very sick and gave us theaccount in branch of Bank of America in Illinois to transfer the fund. If you leave in Seattle kindly send the information below so we can startthe processing of your transfer immediately. FULL NAMEHOME ADDRESS:STATE:CITY:ZIP CODECOUNTRY:PHONE NUMBER:CELL PHONE NUMBER:FAX NUMBER:DATE OF BIRTH:OCCUPATION:SEX:YOU’RE NEXT OF KIN: Make sure you send me the following information immediately so we canstart the process of you transfer immediately and give me a call with thisnumber (+2348084922807). NEWLY APPOINTED GOVERNORCENTRAL BANK OF NIGERIAALHAJI LAMIDO SANUSIGOVERNOR, CENTRAL BANK OF NIGERIA

IDENTITY CARD(2).jpg

Attaching the view source info :
X-Message-Delivery: Vj0xLjE7dXM9MDtsPTE7YT0xO0Q9MDtTQ0w9MA==
X-Message-Status: n:0
X-SID-PRA: [email protected]
X-AUTH-Result: NONE
X-Message-Info: JGTYoYF78jFJntb7pTxtpRIWHRKULE/o0eoKk2i/RZTLIXMFlP9bNzeHypGS9OCZcf8tcmN0oC62Hl4bs2Z6kWJEgBzABp1+
Received: from floyd.nswebhost.com ([75.127.94.106]) by BAY0-MC4-F36.Bay0.hotmail.com with Microsoft SMTPSVC(6.0.3790.3959);
Fri, 29 Jan 2010 06:40:34 -0800
Received: from localhost ([127.0.0.1]:60420 helo=cbnniger.org)
by floyd.nswebhost.com with esmtpa (Exim 4.69)
(envelope-from <[email protected]>)
id 1Nas1Q-0001nt-HN; Fri, 29 Jan 2010 08:40:32 -0600
Received: from 82.128.83.202 ([82.128.83.202])
(SquirrelMail authenticated user [email protected])
by cbnniger.org with HTTP;
Fri, 29 Jan 2010 08:40:32 -0600
Message-ID: <[email protected]>
In-Reply-To: <[email protected]>
References: <[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2010 08:40:32 -0600
Subject: FROM THE DESK OF PAY MASTER: ALHAJI LAMIDO SANUSI NEWLY EXECUTIVE
GOVERNOR OF CENTRAL BANK (CBN) HEA
To: <removed> -Michelle
User-Agent: SquirrelMail/1.4.19
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain;charset=iso-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
X-Priority: 3 (Normal)
Importance: Normal
X-AntiAbuse: This header was added to track abuse, please include it with any abuse report
X-AntiAbuse: Primary Hostname - floyd.nswebhost.com
X-AntiAbuse: Original Domain - hotmail.com
X-AntiAbuse: Originator/Caller UID/GID - [47 12] / [47 12]
X-AntiAbuse: Sender Address Domain - cbnniger.org
X-Source:
X-Source-Args:
X-Source-Dir:
Return-Path: [email protected]
X-OriginalArrivalTime: 29 Jan 2010 14:40:34.0463 (UTC) FILETIME=[03CA42F0:01CAA0F1]

CENTRAL BANK OF NIGERIA
TINUBU SQUARE LAGOS.
NEWLY APPOINTED Executive Governor.....

REF:- INSTRUCTION TO CREDIT YOUR ACCOUNT WITH THE SUM OF (US$40,000,000.00)

THis is to inform you that David Knox is our webmaster that build our
website and programe it too and he is the owner of the group,Kennedy
Franklin is the person who told us that you're very sick and gave us the
account in branch of Bank of America in Illinois to transfer the fund.

If you leave in Seattle kindly send the information below so we can start
the processing of your transfer immediately.

FULL NAME
HOME ADDRESS:
STATE:
CITY:
ZIP CODE
PHONE NUMBER:
CELL PHONE NUMBER:
FAX NUMBER:
DATE OF BIRTH:
SEX:
YOU’RE NEXT OF KIN:

Make sure you send me the following information immediately so we can
start the process of you transfer immediately and give me a call with this
number (+2348084922807).

NEWLY APPOINTED GOVERNOR
CENTRAL BANK OF NIGERIA
ALHAJI LAMIDO SANUSI
GOVERNOR, CENTRAL BANK OF NIGERIA

He did post his ID card >>>

<to> e-mail address removed - Michelle
#21091 by The Enchantress Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:49 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners Ichi.

Thank You for posting this information. It will alert and save others from being scammed.

Well Done :=)

If you wish to post the "fake" ID sent with this mail - this guide may help you.

http://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219

If you have any questions or concerns or further information please post.

Photos - are scammers using yours? click here
Are you falling for a love scammer? click here
Never send money by Western Union/Moneygram.
Never give personal information.
Online anyone can claim to be anyone, any age and from anywhere.
#24882 by skycop Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:16 am
Here is one I got today. Haven't seen this one on here yet. If they know the "HOLE" thing why don't they have my name :lol: :=)

[ add to contacts ]
To: XXXX
Cc:
Date: Tuesday, March 23, 2010 09:55 pm
Subject: BEST REGARD.
Message-ID: <[email protected]>
Return-Path: <[email protected]>
Delivered-To: xxxx
Received: (qmail 26943 invoked by uid 78); 24 Mar 2010 01:55:33 -0000
Received: from unknown (HELO cloudmark1) (10.49.16.100) by 0 with SMTP; 24 Mar 2010 01:55:33 -0000
Return-Path: <[email protected]>
Received: from [87.248.110.137] ([87.248.110.137:28055] helo=n20.bullet.mail.ukl.yahoo.com) by cm-mr25 (envelope-from <[email protected]>) (ecelerity 2.2.2.41 r(31179/31189)) with ESMTP id 60/6F-07456-51179AB4; Tue, 23 Mar 2010 21:55:33 -0400
Received: from [217.146.182.178] by n20.bullet.mail.ukl.yahoo.com with NNFMP; 24 Mar 2010 01:55:32 -0000
Received: from [87.248.110.205] by t4.bullet.ukl.yahoo.com with NNFMP; 24 Mar 2010 01:55:32 -0000
Received: from [127.0.0.1] by omp235.mail.ukl.yahoo.com with NNFMP; 24 Mar 2010 01:55:32 -0000
X-Yahoo-Newman-Property: ymail-3
X-Yahoo-Newman-Id: [email protected]
Received: (qmail 36971 invoked by uid 60001); 24 Mar 2010 01:55:32 -0000
DKIM-Signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=btinternet.com; s=s1024; t=1269395731; bh=dhjrP3t2PBrK+zNVv7X5ZthXqxcPaIMCwC6nYsDXgb0=; h=Message-ID:X-YMail-OSG:Received:X-Mailer:Date:From:Reply-To:Subject:To:MIME-Version:Content-Type; b=BquNLfxTWHLP873wGA/bRzQSgeyAK3b/mG4F1hK4uKEkHZHeWnpG17Sc9q6pyr7s4y6rk+rHbNFMKDC1YPTA04PHBPYQNlQxt1HZnbcdB2ZZxgIKt/QbGLuFNPkzyHDDsrUVzExz/CsTs8ObR1p3eE2mMY2GHcisCGfO+A3o5+c=
DomainKey-Signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=btinternet.com; h=Message-ID:X-YMail-OSG:Received:X-Mailer:Date:From:Reply-To:Subject:To:MIME-Version:Content-Type; b=t7eENlpQ+asmsztn/HAlIALsKaWoH/67SJf3AhUfOxELaRDB7F38k+8f2XCIyeiCt0izhHl0LSB/3RCVEc5Cf7FwO3G7LOKv2Ut6ANA97Vl1bBNd/JVslf38x4mGn9VZ18g4P0tLd/s3NFhuwUVNk+Cyxj462yakoA6u0SwzRbM=;
X-YMail-OSG: c6DGbXcVM1kNJCFF70tWyG3wWid.WCeNYcOJlkVX0Osh6PI xVaOHJoc3cPxsOSRhnx0iZa7Xvn1gNsEI2k6PXg_uBmx_xxMNNA4a5u8Fnlx lDHb7Ii83R.OMi.BqLTDsX9G3i_pmUDVkYW3Vmn2gkem0Cbz74D.e0TYC39F 9ZwsR4ML2DtzBgaWRvLb78BnOuzpulxdqq0UcfP.5.nyQmqOkFaL5ukNU.yt 9bQ4LcfJ7BLa0JcD7.npn6vSnt1hKh5Auqb2OVDLb3ZzMYMRKBLkEceDrANw UUwipYpyKotbPNbPWsi5BGjVqGOF0iBr6Cv4Ai7ZaBo1KwU5Mq7s9.xrzVy7 4SlxUrkPLjbq4zJDG65WvqYjpFqtbcbTHj4YM38aFG8wcrPGJmNxUnPfCoPb 7ZVECPnwLJ_8lZyXyR.FS3.fk5GJPAmVmWEMz9A65qchnqQ2QWbgE_quZwgX lyDLjA.dJsL0wXPS9fa2EiGi96y.iHhQ25dmb4zN0zqUlxb1ZSEhWoCo7u1j cK_VlyS63iYmTJuPeCA1vnlL8ifEfwRTmzhIfcwrvByx1ckjxzPw92kTehsO DOFKrAw1mn84f0M9v1mt3GVpi.cu0nZw1PFRToJHx6Pp5rEmplieqqsWh.ik u03dpz3oLYevLenedLjeOfeQBiviuzws2znUKnfBtRSeDfhTaw8oad5GTlJq o5uB.FWZAuYQwGId9mYJUSCjGV51pqmXgk3xi.7999cNOqL6dZmxz6GLQVJT UgoeIEyXd2ijmLLrAhu_w62Puxk26dCnHFA3_ZKoYtDAA4ZhX.tWjk8gJKUx uvRmC
Received: from [77.70.128.185] by web87110.mail.ird.yahoo.com via HTTP; Wed, 24 Mar 2010 01:55:31 GMT
X-Mailer: YahooMailClassic/10.0.8 YahooMailWebService/0.8.100.260964
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="0-343436182-1269395731=:34342"

Attn;

Be informed that we know all the hole things that is going in past months ago concerning you and none official that claiming to use our office name to be taking peoples money, This is to notify you that every arrangement regarding your fund has been made and your fund has been released today after our meeting.

So with the respect on behalf of the entire staff of CENTRAL BANK OF NIGERIA. [C.B.N],IMF we apologize for holding your payment due to the criminal act that has been going on here we decided to stop your fund once again i will inform you hat your $10.5M have been release on your behalf so this payment will made VIA DIPLOMAT CASH delivery to your door-step, so you are advice to fill below give your information.

1]FULL NAME;.........................................
2]ADDRESS;...................................................
3]DIRECT PONE/OFFICE;......................................
4]AGE/OCCUPATION/SEX..........................................

Sorry, we are apologize for what happed. please due bear us.

Thank's

Your faithfully,
SANUSI LAMIDO SANUSI
C.B.N GOVERNOR.
signed.
#35378 by rayray Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:00 pm
here is a letter I just received...didn't see it listed here yet...

OFFICE OF THE GOVERNOR
CENTRAL BANK OF NIGERIA
Our Ref: CBN/OHG/OXD1/09
Your Ref: ...............
TELEX: CENTRALBANK.
PAYMENT FILE: CBN/BEN/09.
Phone: +234-809-589-5441

Attn: Beneficiary,

PAYMENT NOTIFICATION.

Definitely, I know that this letter will be a surprising one to you. Firstly, I will
like to introduce myself formally as Mr. Lamido Sanusi, The Executive Governor of The
Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN).

I am officially contacting you today because your Inheritance Funds were Re-deposited
into the "Federal Suspense Account" of CBN last week, because you did not forward your
Claim as the Right beneficiary. Well known to all, The Central Bank of Nigeria is the
mother Bank of all commercial Banks here in Nigeria.

Really these men were unexpected by me because their visit was impromptu. I had to ask
them why they came to see me in person and they said that they were here to Collect the
Inheritance Bill Sum of (US$4.5M) which rightfully belongs to you, on your behalf.

At this development I asked them who authorized them to come down to Nigeria for the
Collection of this Payment and they told me that you asked them to come and collect this
Funds on your Behalf. In fact this was the biggest shock that this Bank have ever
received so far because your Inheritance Funds is still in the "Federal Suspense
Account" of CBN, yet you sent these men to come and collect this Funds on your behalf
without notifying us.

We in this Bank do not understand why you sent these men to come and Collect your Funds
on your behalf. If actually you want them to help you collect your Inheritance Bill Sum,
at least you should have informed me as the Executive Governor of this Bank.

They actually tendered some Vital Documents, which proved that you actually sent them
for the Collection of these Fund. Honestly, it really baffles me that you took such
decision without my consent.

Here are the Documents, which they tendered to this Bank

1. LETTER OF ADMINISTRATION.
2. HIGH COURT INJUNCTION.
3. ORDER TO RELEASE.

Actually, these Documents, which they tendered to this Noble Bank, is a clear Proof that
you sent them to Collect this Funds for you. Finally, I told them to come back and they
promised to come back.

As the Governor of this Noble Bank, I was supposed to Release this Funds to them but I
refused to do so because I wanted to hear from you first. Due to the Nature of my job, I
will not want to make any mistake in Releasing this Funds to anyone except you whom is
the Recognized Bonafide Beneficiary to this Funds.

Kindly clarify us on this issue before we make this Payment to these foreigners whom
came on your behalf. In receipt of this confidential Letter, you are required to respond
immediately to this email: with your full name, address and phone number for
reconfirmation and immediate action.

You are to call me immmediately you receive this email with my direct cell phone for
more information on the way forward +234-809-589-5441

OFFICIALLY SIGNED.

Governor.Lamido Sanusi
#35380 by Jillian Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:12 pm
Welcome rayray. :D Since Arnold's original post we've seen lots of scammers using this name for their scams. They're all versions of advance fee fraud. Thank you for posting yours. Please do continue to post scam emails you receive in the specific scams fora here and include the email address the scammer sent the scam from so that it will show up in searches. Let us know if you have any questions.

Have you sent a payment to a scammer with Western Union and now realize it's a scam? If the payment has not been picked up, you can cancel it immediately! 1-800-448-1492

Follow ScamWarners on Twitter: http://twitter.com/ScamWarners