Room for Rent and other rental scams
#49562 by Michelle Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:39 am
Date: Mar 23, 2011 2:24 PM
Subject: Re: $900 / 3br - Newly Remodeled House, Close to schools and shopping (Moreno Valley )
To: Michelle Banks

Greetings!

Thanks for your email.. The house is still available. I decided to
rent the house because we are going to spend more time here in Abuja, about 3 years.. Let me start by introducing myself.
I must confess that I am very new in this landlord business..
However, My name is Sonia Arrieta. I and my husband own the house, Due to his job as a Doctor, He works for American Red Cross Lutheran Hospital Donor Center, and now he have been transfer to Abuja to work in a branch in Abuja. We spent less time in the States so we could not get a hold on any Realtor to handle this rent issue, although it was when We knew how long we are going to stay in Abuja that We decided to rent out the house. However, the initial plan was to sale out the house. which we tried, but sometimes the agents inflates the prize and it takes longer to sell. The utilities are included in the rent, because of this reason and more we need a responsible person that can take very good care of it as we are not after the money , but want it to be clean and for you to take it as if it were yours.

Information about the house below:
The rent is: $900 Security Deposit: $700
3 Bedroom 2 Bathroom
Address: 12989 Westbury Drive
City: Moreno Valley
State: CA
Zip code: 92553
Close to: Kitchin
Sq. footage: 1200
2-car garage
Pet are also Welcome.

PLEASE TELL US ABOUT YOURSELF

RENT APPLICATION FORM
FIRST NAME:__________________ ?
MIDDLE NAME:_________________ ?
LAST NAME:__________________ ?
PROFESSION:________________ ?
(CELL) PHONE (____)__________ ?
(WORK) PHONE (____)__________ ?
(HOME) PHONE (____)__________ ?
KIDS_____ (YES/NO), HOW MANY________ ?
PRESENT ADDRESS:_____________________ ?
CITY:_______________ ?
STATE:______________ ?
ZIP CODE:____________ ?
WHEN DO YOU INTEND MOVING IN?______________ ?
IF YOU HAVE A PET,
NAME OF PET:_____________ ?
KIND OF PETS:_____________ ?
Comment
TAKE NOTE: YOU CAN ONLY DRIVE BY AND SEE MY PLACE FROM THE OUTSIDE, BUT IF DRIVE BY THE HOME YOU MAY SEE A SIGN THERE, YOU HAVE NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT IT BELONGS TO OUR PREVIOUS AGENT SO YOU HAVE ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT AND DON'T HAVE TO CALL THEM BECAUSE THEY TO NOT HAVE ACCESS TO THE HOME ANYMORE! IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN RENTING GET THE APPLICATION FORM FILLED OUT AND SEND IT BACK TO ME YOU CAN ALSO CONTACT ME @ +2348039565526 or +23418283448.

Sincerely,
Sonia Arrieta

The thief will tell you that you can rent his accommodation only if you can prove that you have genuine interest. He will ask you send money by wire transfer (normally Western Union) to yourself or a member of the family to show that you have sufficient finances and that you are not a "time waster".

Another variation of this scam is that you need to send (by Western Union) money in order that the keys and other documents can be couriered to you

He will ask you to send him the transfer details.

Make no mistake ! Western Union Transfers can be picked up virtually anywhere in the world and with the minimum of identification. They are almost impossible to trace once the money has been collected. You will never get to see the accommodation or your money again.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment by Western Union before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Advertisement

#98630 by johnneykrew Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:58 pm
thank you so much, i found the same ad on craigs list only it was a different house with different price. every thing else that you posted was exactly the same, word for word. thak you thank you thank you. this is my first time dealing with this kind of thing and i wasn't sure what to do. well i am now!!! thanks again you're great!!!
#99537 by leightsa Wed May 02, 2012 9:23 am
I emailed on a house posted to Craigslist and got the same reply. Except this guy's name was Anthony Barker and his email was [email protected]. I like how he has to explain away the fact that the house is listed for sale on several other websites. Anyways, the first thing that made me suspicious was the fact that the rent included all of the utilities, yet how was he planning to pay those bills from Abuja, Nigeria? The second thing that made me suspicious was the poor English. But I thought perhaps he was Nigerian and English was his second language.

I am wary enough to google things and check them out first. The main reason for my reply here was when I googled his name and email address nothing came up. It took googling his "wife's" supposed place of work before I found the scam. Of course, had I responded with my information and he would have responded back asking for a Western Union money order, I would have known automatically it was a scam. But at least I haven't wasted my time on this.

Thanks to the first poster for listing this scam!
#101004 by forsterpaul18 Wed May 09, 2012 3:21 pm
Hey I just had this happen to me in bucks county i give them my info do you think they will use my info or do they just want my money please let me know and what I can do about it thanks. Here is the link $900 / 2br - 1654ft² - Single-Family Home ( Bensalem PA ) and it is on craigslist phila.
[email protected]
#106042 by smcwsu628 Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:05 am
I just came across this while looking to see where this guy said his wife was. It was the same email different property. I am glad I found this thank you!
#109310 by SheShe1987 Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:33 am
Wow...this one is making it's rounds! We just found one on Craiglist here in VA.

This is the email we received back from our inquiry...

"From: "Cheryl M Bellman" <[email protected]>
Date: Jun 18, 2012 11:59 AM
Subject: Re: $1200 / 5br - 2745ft² - perfect condition inside & out, close to Stoney Point Fashion Park (Richmond VA )

Good Morning,

Thank you for been interested in my house. I am the owner of the home which you are making inquiry,right now the house is still Available for rent.I decided to rent out the house because we are going to spending more time here in Abuja for about 3 to 4 years here... Let me start by introducing myself.

I am very new in this landlord business. However, My name is Cheryl M Bellman i and my family own the house, Due to my job as a Am a Medical Doctor, I work for American Red Cross Lutheran Hospital Donor Center,and now i have been transfer to Abuja to work in a branch in Abuja. I spent less time in the States,the initial plan was to sale out the House. which I tried, but sometimes the agents inflates the prize and it takes longer to sell so If you drive by the house you may see a sign there, you have nothing to worry about it belongs to our previous agent so you have absolutely nothing to worry about and you don't have to call them because they do not have access to the house anymore, although it was when I knew how long we are going to stay in Abuja that I decided to rent out the house myself. However,the house rent includes all the utilities in the house so there is nothing to worry about that utilities,so that is the reason and more we need a responsible person or family that can take very good care of just like is, I’m interesting in a good tenant that will consider the home as his/her personal home and take good care of it,We will be very pleased if we can find the right/potential tenant to rent our home

Please i want you to note that i spent a lot on my property so i wont want you to take advantage of me because i wont be in the states please once again i will want you to take care of my house well and good okay, so i will solicit for your absolute maintenance of this house and want you to treat it as your own, It is not the money that is the main problem but i want you to keep it tidy all the time so that i will be glad to see it neat when i come for a check up. I also want you to let me have trust in you as i always stand on my word, if there is anything you really want to ask me just feel free to do so ok, i want you to let take each order just like family,so you are free to move in as soon as you wish okay and i pray everything works the way i have planed....

The rent is: $1200 Security Deposit: $750
5 : Bedroom 2.5 : Bathroom

Address:4301 Saratoga Road, Richmond VA

Size:2,745 sqft

Pet are also Welcome.

Interior:
Washer/dryer connection Hardwood floor

Kitchen & dining:
Garbage disposal Range/oven Granite countertops

Bed & bath:
Master on main
Jacuzzi tub

Exterior:
car garage Deck Irrigation system

perfect condition inside & out, close to Stoney Point Fashion Park and all major highways, hardwood floors, open floor plan, 9 ft . ceilings, upgrades throughout, Kitchen with center island and grantite countertops, stainless appliances including gas cooking, sod & irrigation, side load garage, 2 zone gas heat, 2 zone AC...

RENT APPLICATION FORM
FIRST NAME:__________?
MIDDLE NAME:__________?
LAST NAME:__________?
SEX:__________?
DATE OF BIRTH:_________?
PROFESSION:__________?
PHONE:
(CELL)PHONE__________?
(WORK)PHONE__________?
(HOME)PHONE__________?
WHICH NUMBER IS THE BEST TO CALL YOU ON__________?
MARITAL STATUS:__________?
KIDS _____ (YES/NO), HOW MANY ________
PRESENT ADDRESS: _____________________
CITY: _______________
STATE:______________
ZIP CODE: ____________
WORK ADDRESS:
CITY: _______________
STATE:______________
ZIP CODE: ____________
DO YOU HAVE A CAR:_____ (YES/NO), HOW MANY ________
HOW LONG? ___________IF RENTING
WHY ARE YOU LEAVING__________?
IF THIS HOUSE IS BEING GIVEN TO YOU,
HOW LONG DO YOU INTEND STAYING? ____________?
WHEN DO YOU INTEND MOVING IN? ______________?
THE EXACT DATE ? ______________?
DO YOU AGREE TO PAY THE DEPOSIT BEFORE RECEIVING THE KEYS
_____________?
WHEN DO YOU INTEND PAYING THE DEPOSIT_____________?
IF YOU HAVE A PET,
KIND OF PETS: _____________?
HABITS
DO YOU SMOKE ______________ ?
DO YOU DRINK ______________?
DO YOU WORK LATE NIGHT? ____?

PLEASE WE WOULD LIKE YOU TO TELL US A LITTLE ABOUT YOURSELF......

Looking forward to hearing from you with all this details so that i can have it in my file in case of issuing the receipt for you and contacting you...Await your urgent reply so that we can discuss on how to get the documentation and the keys to you, please we are giving you all this based on trust and again i will want you to stick to your words, you know that we have not seen yet and only putting everything into Gods hands, so please do not let us down in this our property and God bless you more as you do this, The house will be available for rent for a period of 4 years so you have a choice of deciding how long you intend staying there...

TAKE NOTE: YOU CAN ONLY DRIVE BY AND SEE MY HOUSE FROM THE OUTSIDE AND IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN RENTING GET THE APPLICATION FORM FILLED OUT AND SEND IT BACK TO ME YOU CAN ALSO CONTACT ME @( +234-815-822-8824 OR 011-234-815-822-8824) IF YOU DONT HAVE ACCES TO CALL ME YOU COULD SEND ME A TEXT TO LET ME KNOW HOW INTERESTED YOU ARE OKAY...

Thank so much for your interest once again...

Yours Sincerely
Cheryl M Bellman"

I was all ready to fill this out, and something struck me as odd about the whole thing last night. I should be getting ready for work, but had to check the job reference out before leaving...that's how I found this site. THANK YOU!!!
#129886 by another_one2012 Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:10 am
Oh my my. This is some wild business! Within only one week I got two of these suckers. Thank you so much for posting this stuff on here. People should be aware that stuff like that is constantly going on.... SAD.

Here's one of them...

Greetings!

Thanks for your email.. The house is still available. I decided to rent the house because we are going to spend more time here in Abuja, about 3 years.. Let me start by introducing myself. I must confess that I am very new in this landlord business..However, My name is Paul A Weitz . I own the house, Due to my job as a Medical Doctor, I works for American Red Cross Lutheran Hospital Donor Center, and now i have been transfer to Abuja to work in a branch in Abuja. We spent less time in the States so we could not get a hold on any Realtor to handle this rent issue, although it was when We knew how long we are going to stay in Abuja that We decided to rent out the house. However, the initial plan was to sale out the house. which we tried, but sometimes the agents inflates the prize and it takes longer to sell. The utilities are included in the rent, because of this reason and more we need a responsible person that can take very good care of it as we are not after the money , but want it to be clean and for you to take it as if it were yours.

The rent is: $700 Security Deposit: $500
3 Bedroom 2 Bathroom
Address: 908 Persimmon Ln #D,
City: Mount Prospect,
State: IL
Zip code: 60056
Pet are also Welcome.

FEATURES : Laundry, Electric Range, Electric Heat, Master Bedroom, Playground, Car Park.
AMENITIES: Air Conditioning, Patio/Party Deck, Cable TV, Ceiling Fans, 24 hours Internet service, Dishwasher, Firepit, Garbage Disposal, Microwave, security alarm, Pets Friendly, Refrigerator, Washer / Dryer.

RENT APPLICATION FORM
FIRST NAME:__________________ ?
(CELL) PHONE (____)__________ ?
KIDS_____ (YES/NO), HOW MANY________ ?
IF YOU HAVE A PET,
…………………………………………………
Comment
…………………………………………………
TAKE NOTE: YOU CAN ONLY DRIVE BY AND SEE MY PLACE FROM THE OUTSIDE, BUT IF DRIVE BY THE HOME YOU MAY SEE A SIGN THERE, YOU HAVE NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT IT BELONGS TO OUR PREVIOUS AGENT SO YOU HAVE ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT AND DON’T HAVE TO CALL THEM BECAUSE THEY TO NOT HAVE ACCESS TO THE HOME ANYMORE! IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN RENTING GET THE APPLICATION FORM FILLED OUT AND SEND IT BACK TO ME... PETS ARE FULLY WELCOME! We are looking forward to hear from you ASAP. Stay Blessed

Regards

Paul A Weitz

*******************************************************************************************************************************

And here's another one......

Hello Tenant

Thanks for your email, I personally own the house, I want my property to be well taken good care of, and there are some rules and regulation in which I do give out to tenant willing to rent my house so please don't disrespect my order But if you are still capable of renting my house the rules and regulation goes this way
You must keep my house clean including the surrounding, you must know the way in which you use the stove so as to avoid fire outbreak,you must not disturb the neighbor.I decided to rent out the property due to our transfer to (West Africa) on a Missionary Work in a church here named World Mission, so we are renting it out since we need someone to take good care of the property on our absent. Don't be surprise if you find the home with another site and deference price, I have plan to rent it through Real estate before, but they are not serious simply because they have a lot of house to lease out And they added some money to the rent while there commission is not fair.
Have this in mind you must know the kind of person that I'm nevertheless I am giving you this rules because of what corresponded between me and my last tenant. the keys and documents are with us here in West Africa... So I will need to ship them to you before you can occupy the house But you can drive by the house anytime to take a look at the area and surrounding, You can also peek through the windows if you don't mind.For now we are looking for 3 or 4 years lease or rather lets us know how long you wish to stay.

Attn : The rent are including the Utilities are intact such as Dishwasher,Dryer, Electric Stove, Fridge, Washer,Air Condition,Sewage,Trash,all included in the monthly rent,as i am in a governmental programmer that sponsors my utilities on monthly basis etc.

Please note that, we are a kind and honest family,that spent a lot on property that is available for rent, so in one accord,we are soliciting for your absolute maintenance of this house and want you to treat it as your own.We want you to keep it tidy all the time so that we shall be glad to see it whenever we are around on a visit.

SO IF YOU ARE REALLY INTERESTED I WILL WANT YOU TO FILL THE RENTAL APPLICATION FORMS BELOW

RENT APPLICATION FORM AND TELL US MORE ABOUT YOU .

1) Your Full Name
2A) Home Phone ?
2B) Cell Phone Number ?
3) Your Full Address :
4) How old are you?
5a) Are you married?
5b) How many people will be living in the house?
6a) Do you have a pet?
6b) What type
7a) Do you have a car?
7b) What type?
8) Occupation?
9) Do you smoke?
10) Do you Drink ?
11) Do you work at Night ?
12) What is your monthly income?
13) Reference Contact Name and Address?
14) When do you intend Moving in?
15) private email :
16 ) picture of you and your family?
17) When can you pay for your deposit to
secure or move in?

Notice : Call me immediately you fill out the application
Looking forward to hear from you with all this details so that we can have it our file in case of issuing the receipt for you and contacting you..
Await your prompt reply so that we can discuss on the rental terms and agreement, please we are renting the house to you base on trust and again i will want you to stick to your words.So please do not let us down in maintaining this our property and God bless you more as you do this.

PROPERTY DESCRIPTION...........

Number of Bedrooms:3
Number of baths:1
Square footage:1,200
Pets are welcome!!!
Rent:$900
Refundable security Deposit:$900
House Address:412 Ambleside Rd, Des Plaines IL 60016
Cell Phone:+2347045282241
Thanks and God bless you.

Louis Chechopoulos & Family
#173482 by Bryon Williams Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:57 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners WilSmith,

Thank you for updating an email address. Could you please post a couple of their initial responses to you. Sometime a little change is their script is enough to help others.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#185818 by almost got me... Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:38 pm
Hi there,

Hate to say it but i almost fell for this scam. As a mater of fact this people are still texting me. Now that i know what it actually is I might have some fun with it.
I came across this scam on trulia.com, someone actually uses a house that is up for sale. I drove by this afternoon and I realized that something was fishy. Here is the email I got...

Greetings!

Thanks for your email.. The house is still available. I decided to rent the house because we are going to spend more time here in Winter Garden,FL about 3 years.. Let me start by introducing myself.
I must confess that I am very new in this landlord business..
However, My name is Robert J Ziemkiewicz,I and my wife own the house, Due to her job as a Medical Doctor, she works for American Red Cross Lutheran Hospital Donor Center, and now she have been transfer to Winter Garden,FL to work in a branch in Florida. We spent less time in Clifton, NJ so we could not get a hold on any Realtor to handle this rent issue, although it was when We knew how long we are going to stay in Florida that We decided to rent out the house. However, the initial plan was to sale out the house. which we tried, but sometimes the agents inflates the prize and it takes longer to sell. The utilities are included in the rent, because of this reason and more we need a responsible person that can take very good care of it as we are not after the money , but want it to be clean and for you to take it as if it were yours.

It has a dramatic entry foyer with ceramic floor. Extremely spacious rooms throughout with lots of big windows...nice and light! New neutral paint and some newer carpet. Very quiet, low traffic area. Appliances included douglasm.smith are washer, dryer, oven, dishwasher, new fridge (7/07)...I believe its absolutely a home for you and your family. Utilities include Water,Trash,Sewer,Gas

The rent is: $1000 Security Deposit: $800
3 Bedroom 3 Bathroom
address:325 Grove St, Clifton, NJ 07013
city:Clifton
State: NJ
Zip code:07013

Pet are also Welcome.

RENT APPLICATION FORM
FIRST NAME:__________________
(CELL) PHONE (____)__________
KIDS_____ (YES/NO), HOW MANY________
IF YOU HAVE A PET,
YOU HAVE TO ATTACH YOUR PICS AND THOSE THAT WILL BE MOVING IN WITH YOU SO WE CAN KNOW WHO WILL ARE RENTING TO_________________________________
Comment
TAKE NOTE: YOU CAN ONLY DRIVE BY AND SEE MY PLACE FROM THE OUTSIDE, BUT IF DRIVE BY THE HOME YOU MAY SEE A SIGN THERE, YOU HAVE NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT IT BELONGS TO OUR PREVIOUS AGENT SO YOU HAVE ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT AND DON'T HAVE TO CALL THEM BECAUSE THEY TO NOT HAVE ACCESS TO THE HOME ANYMORE! IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN RENTING GET THE APPLICATION FORM FILLED OUT AND SEND IT BACK TO ME

WONDERFUL NEW YEAR

Best Regards
Robert J Ziemkiewicz

When i got home i started trace on the IP from the email and searched the name and number of the 'person' contacting me. Things didn't add up as the phone was registered in Colorado, email in California, Mr.Ziemkiewicz himself passed away back in 1997 and American Red Cross Lutheran Hospital Donor Center has no branch in Florida.

Lesson learned, it won't happened again.
#199492 by JNaber Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:12 am
Same thing found in Wisconsin! The person texted me also, I asked for photos of the inside but never got them and he just kept asking for my address. The house is up for sale on other sites.

Greetings!

Thanks
for your email.. The
house is still available. I decided to rent the house
because we are
going to spend more time here in Malaysia about 3 years..
Let me start
by introducing myself.I must confess that I am very new in
this landlord
business..However, My name is Paul Rushmann. I and my wife
own the
house, Due to her job as a Medical Doctor, she works for
American Red
Cross Lutheran Hospital Donor Center, and now she have been
transfer to
Malaysia to work in a branch in Malaysia. We spent less time
in the
States so we could not get a hold on any Realtor to handle
this rent
issue, although it was when We knew how long we are going to
stay in
Malaysia that We decided to rent out the house. However, the
initial
plan was to sale out the house. which we tried, but
sometimes the agents
inflates the prize and it takes longer to sell. The
utilities are
included in the rent, because of this reason and more we
need a
responsible person that can take very
good
care of it as we are not after the money , but want it to be
clean and for you to take it as if it were yours.

Information about the house
below:
the rent is: $600 Security Deposit:
$600
2 Bedroom 2 Bathroom
Address:620 E Market StAPT 104, Elkhorn, WI
Sq. footage: 1,252 sq ft
Pet are also Welcome.

SO IF YOU ARE REALLY INTERESTED I WILL WANT YOU
TO FILL THE RENT APPLICATION FORM BELOW:

RENT APPLICATION FORM.
Name
(First name/ Middle name/Surname ) : __________?
Phone numbers (home,cell and office line ) #
:__________?
E-mail :__________?
Best time to call :__________?
Marital Status:__________?
How
many proposed occupants :__________?
List
all in addition to yourself including approx age
Present Address :__________?
City/State :__________?
Will
you have pets :__________?
Please describe
Breed, size :__________?
Personality of pet
Preferred move in date
Intended length of
lease:__________?
Do you agree to pay
the payment before you move in:__________?
Earliest possible date of deposit
payment:__________?
Length of previous
tenancy :__________?
Present occupation
Are you a section 8
applicant
Do you work late night
Do you smoke :__________?
Do you drink :__________?

TAKE
NOTE: YOU CAN ONLY DRIVE BY AND SEE MY PLACE FROM THE
OUTSIDE, BUT IF
DRIVE BY THE HOME YOU MAY SEE A SIGN THERE, YOU HAVE NOTHING
TO WORRY
ABOUT IT BELONGS TO OUR PREVIOUS AGENT SO YOU HAVE
ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO
WORRY ABOUT AND DON'T HAVE TO CALL THEM BECAUSE THEY TO
NOT HAVE ACCESS
TO THE HOME ANYMORE! IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN RENTING GET
THE
APPLICATION FORM FILLED OUT AND SEND IT BACK TO ME YOU CAN
ALSO CONTACT
ME @ (904) 274-2410

Paul
Rushmann
#202088 by mandamarie Mon May 19, 2014 7:23 am
Wow this scammer makes its rounds .. I found a posting on Craig's list for a home in Ogden Utah... same email, utilities included...sounded too good to be true I drove by the house and looked thru the windows and fell in love I really wanted this house so I responded... the second email I got was so strange and raised flags when I Google searched Dr.Wesley and the hospital they said his wife worked at I found scam warners thank goodness. Im happy I didnt get scammed im not dumb enough to send money to someone anyways but the house was exactly what I've been looking for so I am really bummed, any who thank you for posting this lets hope others are doing their research..

Second email:
How are you doing, Hope great.. My wife and I sends our heartfelt appreciation and warmth greetings to you. We went through your application and Most especially your mail, You gave us an inner peace of Mind that really got us going. Your Re-assuring mail that our home will be taken care of well as if it were yours is something that makes me want to rent to you.

To sustain the Life we do not really require much. It takes only a little food,something to wear and a place to" lie down". The rich might have an abundance of this things,and the poor may have to struggle to obtain what they need.What difference there is, however, is equalized when life comes to its end-everything comes to naught.(Eccl.9:5,6).

Thus Life to have meaning and worth, it cannot and should not simply consist of things that one can acquire or possess.Whether we are rich or poor,we do not have complete control over how long we may live or whether we will even be alive tomorrow.The bible clear shows that Only God alone is the source of life and only he can grant faithful ones the real life or everlasting life without end in Heaven. You are just an accurate example of the fulfillment of psalm 23..which God has promised to make you lie down in grassy pastures and he further says :By well watered resting places He shall conduct you, verse 6 says surely Goodness and mercy shall follow you all the days of your life; And you will dwell in the house of the lord forever and ever.

We have decided to let you live in our house. As we have found your application very satisfactory and acceptable by my family. so we would want you to go through the acceptance form and get back to us on what you feel. I will be giving you a call later . We would like to send the following document to you via FED-EX to the address you sent to us and the tracking number will be sent to you so that you can possibly occupy our house, Please once again, we are giving you this on trust and do not disappoint us and i promise you that, you will love the house. So we are with the below document here with us. you will need to make Payment for Rent deposit and shipment of the Keys and document to the address you will have to provide to us .

Below are the contents of the document that will be shipped to you Via FedEx mailing service to the address you gave to me in the Application Form.

1)  Entrance and the rooms Keys
2)  Paper/Permanent house form(Containing your reference details)
3)  The house documentary file.
4)  Letter of Access
5)  Payment Receipt.
6)  Full address and driving direction/description of the house.

I will also need you to confirm your delivery details and also to answer the below questions so as to certify my worries about you taking charge of my house:

Delivery Name:
Delivery Address:
Phone #:

All this talk about god lol really? God help them!!

I dont have the first email but it was exactly the same as the others have posted just name changed to a Nathan Wesley and they were staying in Malaysia but when they called the caller id showed Tennessee?
Fuckers
#202089 by Mike Wilson Mon May 19, 2014 7:53 am
Hello mandamarie and welcome to Scamwarners,
I am happy that you found out about the scam before losing any money to these criminals. Please post the email address and telephone number they are currently using. This information makes good search keys for others that may be looking for information on this scam.

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon
#215282 by [email protected] Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:03 pm
It was a cute house too... The email address was my first clue.... [email protected]

I drove by this house and its for sale by a real estate company and has the Realtor lock on the front door that allows you to enter a code to get the keys to the house...

RE: $450 / 2br - 800ft² - Charming recently Remodeled home (Milwaukee, WI )
pp qq Today at 2:36 AM
To
Removed (BW)
Hello,
thanks for your interest in renting my house and thanks also for your pleasant email.Like i told you earlier in my mail that am currently out of the state for now so i want you to go and check the house exterior and you can check the inside through the window because the house is lock due to security reason and get back to me with your decision in renting my house
Await your reply Thanks

Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2014 15:50:39 -0500
Subject: RE: $450 / 2br - 800ft² - Charming recently Remodeled home (Milwaukee, WI )
To: [email protected]

Thank you for your reply. I'll drive by tomorrow and if everything checks out I'll fill out the information you are asking for. I am an ex homeowner and past landlord who ran a part time handyman business for many years. I moved here about 18 months ago for a job and have been sharing a place with a friend.

If you want the place to be well taken care of I will do that. I can repair pretty much anything and enjoy maintaining a yard.

Thanks again for your reply and I'll be I touch soon.

Removed (BW)

Sent via the Samsung GALAXY S®4, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone

-------- Original message --------
Date:08/18/2014 06:22 (GMT-06:00)
To: Removed (BW)
Subject: RE: $450 / 2br - 800ft² - Charming recently Remodeled home (Milwaukee, WI )

Greetings!

Thanks for your email.. The house is still available. I decided to rent the house because we are going to spend more time here in Abuja, about 3 years.. Let me start by introducing myself.I must confess that I am very new in this landlord business..However, My name is James Norwich. I and my wife own the house, Due to her job as a Medical Doctor, she works for American Red Cross Lutheran Hospital Donor Center, and now she have been transfer to Abuja to work in a branch in Abuja. We spent less time in the States so we could not get a hold on any Realtor to handle this rent issue, although it was when We knew how long we are going to stay in Abuja that We decided to rent out the house. However, the initial plan was to sale out the house. which we tried, but sometimes the agents inflates the prize and it takes longer to sell. The utilities are included in the rent, because of this reason and more we need a responsible person that can take very good care of it as we are not after the money , but want it to be clean and for you to take it as if it were yours.

the rent is: $450 Security Deposit: $450
2 Bedroom 1 Bathroom
Address:416 S 60th St, Milwaukee, WI 53214
City: Milwaukee
State:WI
Zip code: 53214
Sq. footage: 800
Pet are also Welcome.

RENT APPLICATION FORM
FIRST NAME:__________________
(CELL) PHONE (____)__________
KIDS_____ (YES/NO), HOW MANY________
IF YOU HAVE A PET,
Comment
TAKE NOTE: YOU CAN ONLY DRIVE BY AND SEE MY PLACE FROM THE OUTSIDE, BUT IF DRIVE BY THE HOME YOU MAY SEE A SIGN THERE, YOU HAVE NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT IT BELONGS TO OUR PREVIOUS AGENT SO YOU HAVE ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT AND DON'T HAVE TO CALL THEM BECAUSE THEY TO NOT HAVE ACCESS TO THE HOME ANYMORE! IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN RENTING GET THE APPLICATION FORM FILLED OUT AND SEND IT BACK TO ME YOU CAN ALSO CONTACT ME @ +2349091182561

Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2014 15:22:55 -0700
Subject: $450 / 2br - 800ft² - Charming recently Remodeled home (Milwaukee, WI )
To: [email protected]

I'm looking for apartments and saw your ad on craigslist. Its a cute house and I'm wondering what the approx utilities run per month.

Thank you,

Removed (BW)
Last edited by Bryon Williams on Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Removed personal information and addded quotations.