Room for Rent and other rental scams
#134940 by Michelle Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:07 am
Date: 18 November 2012 21:14:43 GMT
To: Michelle Banks
Subject: RE: Request for your Offer at Starflats.co.uk

Thanks for the sincere interest you have in my flat and my flat is still available.My flat is well furnished with all kitchen utensils complete.My flat is available for short and long term.My rent is affordable and you can only be my tenant if you can afford the rents when it is due,also you can be my tenant if you obey the terms and conditions of my flat.

I would like to ask you a few questions at this point that you want to rent my flat,

1:Can you keep my flat clean?.
2:Have you rented an apartment before?.
3:Where are you coming from to stay in my flat?.
4:Do you have any reference here in Manchester?.
5:For how long do you intend to rent my flat?.

My rent is £350GBP PER MONTH,£87GBP PER WEEK AND THE DEPOSIT IS £650GBP(Returnable at the end of a week stay in my flat).

NOTE :All utility bills are included in the rent ( water, gas, council tax, TV license and wireless Internet) and pets are allowed.Hope to hear from you for further information you will need from me.

Thanks and hope to reading from you soon.

Best Regards
Mr/Mrs Richard

The thief will tell you that you can rent his accommodation only if you can prove that you have genuine interest. He will ask you send money by a Money Transfer Service to yourself or a member of the family to show that you have sufficient finances and that you are not a "time waster".

Another variation of this scam is that you need to send money in order that the keys and other documents can be couriered to you

He will ask you to send him the transfer details.

Make no mistake ! These transfers can be picked up virtually anywhere in the world and with the minimum of identification. They are almost impossible to trace once the money has been collected. You will never get to see the accommodation or your money again.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment by Western Union or other Money Transfer Services before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Advertisement