Check Scams, Debt Collection scams and other financial scams.
#5414 by Michelle Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:36 am
If you have arrived here because you are searching for one of these addresses :-

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

Then you may have received a cheque in the post or by courier asking you to contact one of these addresses for instructions.

This may be after you have placed an item on the internet for sale, and were approached by a seemingly unrelated person.

Make no mistake that the cheque will either be fake or stolen, even if your bank cashes the check or tells you that it "cleared"!!!! The bank will find out in a few days or weeks that the check is fake, and will make you pay all of the money back, even the money you sent to the scammer. The bank might even have you arrested for cashing a bad check.

This is a common scam that has caused many people to lose their money. This crook is trying this scam on many people at the same time, and is hoping you won't know that the check is a fake until he has your money.

They may have even written to you to ask you to print fake checks for them or act as a MYSTERY SHOPPER which will also involve you with fake cheques
Last edited by Michelle on Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Advertisement

#6141 by Michelle Sun Dec 07, 2008 2:02 pm
All the addresses listed below are part of the same group above who issue fake cheques as a result of contact through on-line "small- ads" sites such as craigslist

[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
Last edited by Michelle on Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:41 pm, edited 6 times in total.

#9154 by jdsawyer Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:49 pm
I was just a victim of the mystery shopper scam. I was sent a check for 3500 and told to cash this in to the bank, take out 400 for my weeks pay, 200 for the processing fee, and the rest would go to another mystery shopper using western union. Fortunatly I did some check up on it, found out it was a scam, and traced the IP address to the original address that the email came from:

1600 Amphitheatre Parkway
Mountain, View Ca.

#1-650-318-0200

They tried to pose as being from Gardner Ma. under the business name DJD Associates which turns out to be a heavy equipment store.
#9157 by Ralph Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:26 pm
Hi JD

Welcome to Scamwarners

Sorry to hear you have been caught up in this, but also happy that you found the truth early, we all too often see cases where people have found out much later after sending loads of money and cashing many cheques for the scammer

Hopefully you have not cashed the cheque yet but if you have, contact your bank and let them know, they will find out eventualy and it is better for you to be upfront.

Save your emails, you may need them and disregard any further emails on the matter, scammers may attempt to pretend to be law enforcement or a shipping company trying further scams on you
Please ask if we can help you in any way and please post if you have any information that is not posted above
#9158 by Arnold Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:43 pm
jdsawyer wrote:1600 Amphitheatre Parkway
Mountain, View Ca.

That's Google's address. Gmail strips the senders' IP addresses from email, so they all seem to come from California. Useful for scammers and baiters alike.
Don't think of yourself as a victim. You spotted something was wrong, and avoided losing money by your own efforts.

#13610 by junior1987 Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:20 am
OK, so im super glad ive found this. I'm sad to say, that ive been victimized to this scam, but in another way. I was actually "working" for the guy and i found the job offer on craigslist, but when i first started making the checks i didnt know it was a scam. I asked a bunch of questions, and he made it seem legit. Maybe i was blind and was just looking for a cool convenient way to make more money. The way i would have gotten payed was 10% commission from checks that got wired in to Western Union, im guessing from the instructions the people receiving the checks, they would be the ones whos money would be going to me! sad,... i want no part of this just some justice. He told me the company name was Kenny Telecom Ltd, based in alabama and in europe.

I printed a bunch of USPS Labels, so i got a huge list of the homes i sent checks too about 100 and a list he wanted me to send them to. I Havent told him i know its a scam I am trying to get info from him, but im sure hes giving me false info.

The question is, how do I report his A$$! ive got a bunch of credit card names he used to pay for usps account, and bank routing numbers n such, but idk how much of it is real or fake... I am sure someone could use this information and track the guy.
#13611 by Ralph Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:49 am
Hi Junior

Welcome to Scamwarners

While I understand you were an unwilling victim, you may be approached by police to answer questions relating to this, the sooner you talk to them about it the better it will be for you, so long as you are open and honest you should be treated as a victim and not a willing participant

Cease all contact with the scammers immediately, do not reply or take any of their calls, it is not safe to do so.

Do not delete anything from your inbox, save it all and show the police, those emails may be the only thing that keeps you from serving jail time.

You may need to organise a lawyer and if you already have one it might not be a bad idea to talk to them in regards to this now, most will give a free initial consultation which is something you should be looking to do straight away

Others who have done exactly as you have done have been jailed so please take this very seriously, and minimise any problems for yourself.

It may be possible to prevent some of those who you have sent cheques to from being scammed, could you please send a copy of the list to me and I can organise warnings to those people straight away and please also supply the list to the police, it will be very beneficial to show them you are cooperating and helping to save those you have sent cheques to.

If there are any people you were asked to send cheques to that you have not yet done, please also include that list as these people will receive cheques as soon as the scammers find themselves a new mule.

Unfortunately you can not hide from this, please do not think you can, it is only a matter of time before the police locate you, it happens to every cheque mule eventually.

One last thing, could you please supply us with the email address and early email from the scammer, we may be able to have one of our own people "work" with with the scammer to prevent others from being scammed.

We are here to help you and answer any of your questions so please do not hesitate to ask
#13618 by Peta Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:28 am
Hi junior,

You've definitely come to the right place and Ralph has given you some excellent advice. Your priority right now is to minimize the trouble that is likely to be coming your way sooner or later. Please take this matter to the police. It would be a good idea to print out some of the emails that the scammer has sent to you to show the officers. Right now the best thing that you can do for yourself is to break off all contact with the criminals behind this scam. No phone calls, no emails. We're very glad that you were able to use the information posted on this site to confirm what you were probably already suspicious about. A job as a check mule is simply too good to be true.
#13738 by junior1987 Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:17 am
OK thanks for all the great advice. i haven't had time to go to police, i did call my local police station and told them about it, i printed as much info as i could, and i have a bunch of supplies he sent me.

Unfortunately, im just reading your guys reply right now, so i was talking to the guy. His yahoo IM is CompushareTrustInc, i told him i knew about the scam, and that all the supplies id be turning into the police. I told him that because he wanted me to send it back to him. So well see how this goes, hopefully i dont get in trouble! Im kinda scared now.
#13744 by Ralph Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:39 am
Hi Junior

Thank you for posting this information

Could you please give me a list of those you have sent cheques to, I may well be able to prevent them from losing money.

You can use my email address below or the PM system here, whichever you prefer.

Also make that list available to the police as soon as posible, it will show them that you are an innocent victim if you are cooperating with them, feel free to provide this information to the police as well.
#13747 by Ralph Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:57 am
Hi Junior

No problem at all.

Thank you for the list, looks like we have quite a bit of work to do so I will pass it on to some of our volunteers.