Check Scams, Debt Collection scams and other financial scams.
#13751 by The Enchantress Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:11 am
Concerning "Benson Collin" and [email protected]

See this site http://www.getjob.us/usa-jobs-view/job-posting-94057.html

Job Opportunity
Hiring Company: James Williams Int'l
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: $2000 per Month
Experience Desired: 0 - 2 Years
Last Update: Jun 24, 2009 02:23:20 AM
Full Job Description:

My name is James Williams. I would be very interested in offering you a
part-time/full time paying job in which you could earn alot. I just
resigned my job as a research scientist for ARINI(Agricultural Research
Institute of Northern Ireland( www.arini.ac.uk ) but I still work as a
freelance consultant for the institute which gives me very much time
to do my own work which is basically being a freelance researcher who
could be employed by research institutes to do research projects
anywhere in the world.

WHAT YOU NEED TO DO FOR US?
You just need to have your own personal computer with printer.List of clients will be sent to your business e.mail address. and you
are mandated to get the check printed before 48 hours so as to satisfy
the best of our customers and client satisfaction. The check will be
printed with software bought for you.You will have to send the checks to the specified address through our
UPS Account(This cost you no charges).Our customers and clients will be mandated to send the fund within the
states to you directly as our representative, your 10 percent
commission will be deducted on each money you receive from clients.

JOB DESCRIPTION?
1. Recieve payment in Cash from clients through Western Union Money
Transfer/Moneygram
2. Print out Check through Versa Check Online Check
3. Dispatch of checks with our UPS Account to UPS box near to you
No charges is required from you to dispatch check.

JOB REQUIREMENT?
1. You will need to get Personal Computer
2. You will need to have Printer
3. Other materials will be order to you as soon as possible

BENEFITS
1. Deduct 10% which will be your percentage/pay on Payment processed.
2. Forward balance after deduction of percentage/pay to any of the
offices you will be contacted to send payment to(Payment is to
forwarded either by Moneygram or Western Union Money Transfer).
3. The company has an appraisal package that pays you a minimum of
$2000.00USD depending on your worktrack record.

HOW MUCH WILL YOU EARN?
10% from each FUNDS! For instance: you receive 5000 USD via Western
Union Money Transfer/Moneygram on our behalf of the company.
You will pick up the funds and keep $500 (10% from $5000) for yourself!/ $500 Payment every 2 weeks for the freshers.

Salary opportunity is available weekly/monthly, if preferred instead
of commissionThere is incentive for the workers that works effectively and extra
bonus for the work done.For more information and application processing .
please add Managing Director to your messenger
list:
yahoo messanger id ------- compusharetrust
jamesatwork002
Mail to --- [email protected]

Best Regards

Related Link: (None)
Company Type: Not Specified
Contact Name : Benson Collin
Contact Phone: 8903249002
Contact Email : [email protected]

Noted this (archived) here;

http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/msg01027.html

PART TIME/FULL TIME JOB OPPORTUNITY WHILE AT HOME

Benson Collin
Sun, 30 Mar 2008

My name is Benson Collin.I just came about your email address and your brief
profile through an email listing affiliated with the online Chamber of Commerce
and I would be very interested in offering you a part-time/full time paying job
in which you could earn alot. I just resigned my job as a research scientist
for ARINI(Agricultural Research Institute of Northern Ireland( http://www.arini.ac.uk
) but I still work as a freelance consultant for the institute which gives me
very much time to do my own work which is basically being a freelance
researcher who could be employed by research institutes to do research projects
anywhere in the world.

WHAT YOU NEED TO DO FOR US?
You just need to have your own personal computer with printer.

List of clients will be sent to your business e.mail address. and you are
mandated to get the check printed before 48 hours so as to satisfy the best of
our customers and client satisfaction. The check will be printed with software
bought for you.

You will have to send the checks to the specified address through our UPS
Account(This cost you no charges).

Our customers and clients will be mandated to send the fund within the states
to you directly as our representative, your 10 percent commission will be
deducted on each money you receive from clients.

JOB DESCRIPTION?
1. Recieve payment in Cash from clients through Western Union Money
Transfer/Moneygram
2. Print out Check through Versa Check Online Check
3. Dispatch of checks with our UPS Account to UPS box near to you
No charges is required from you to dispatch check.

JOB REQUIREMENT?
1. You will need to get Personal Computer
2. You will need to have Printer
3. Other materials will be order to you as soon as possible

BENEFITS
1. Deduct 10% which will be your percentage/pay on Payment processed.
2. Forward balance after deduction of percentage/pay to any of the offices you
will be contacted to send payment to(Payment is to forwarded either by
Moneygram or Western Union Money Transfer).
3. The company has an appraisal package that pays you a minimum of $2000.00USD
depending on your worktrack record.

HOW MUCH WILL YOU EARN?
10% from each FUNDS! For instance: you receive 5000 USD via Western Union
Money Transfer/Moneygram on our behalf of the company.
You will pick up the funds and keep $500 (10% from $5000) for yourself!
Salary opportunity is available weekly/monthly, if preferred instead of
commission

There is incentive for the workers that works effectively and extra bonus for
the work done.

For more information and application processing .
please add Managing Director to your messenger
list:
yahoo messanger id ------- kennytelecomltd
aol messanger id ------- kennytelecomltd1

Best Regards

Photos - are scammers using yours? click here
Are you falling for a love scammer? click here
Never send money by Western Union/Moneygram.
Never give personal information.
Online anyone can claim to be anyone, any age and from anywhere.
Advertisement

#13756 by kings2006 Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:14 pm
Junior1987 and everyone else, I also found this job offer on craigslist and sounded legit to me. We need to come to the bottom of this, I ask you Junior and everyone here help me. Junior I would love to share information with you, You said you have a lot of information from this guy, UPS accounts and so on. I also have some of his UPS accounts, versacheck login, and he uses a lot of different email addresses and names. I was able to track down his IP address from an email header, I know what ISP he uses and what country he is in. Let's share information and have this guy caught, people don't deserve this, let's work like a team bro.

One more thing, did he ever pay you? he payed me once, but that was the refund for the materials like check paper, envelope, printer ink and so on.
I also have all the emails and all the chat logs with him or her, who knows.
get back at me, looking to work with you guys
#13759 by junior1987 Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:49 am
i told "Benson" if that really is his name, that i dont want to take the money if its coming from people who got scamed. so i never got payed, i spent 145 out of my own pocket, for the software, versa check paper, and envelopes. I still have all of his supplies, ive been waiting for police, they told me i couldnt file the report at the station? idk why!? but they sent a unit to my house that has yet to show up, so well see what happens.

And hey King2006, i am willing to share info, ill give it all to the police.

I read the posting Enchantress posted, and it looks very familiar the way it was written on craigslist. Hope nobody else falls for it.
#13760 by John DeLaney Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:17 am
@Kings2006

Welcome to Scamwarners. Please post anything you have from your scammer in here, or pm or email to any of the other moderators in here.

This forum is set up to deal with scammers, we have links to varying law enforcement people and can deal quicker with postal services, law enforcement and others as required.

But we do need as much information as possible, emails with headers, correspondence, etc. It all makes our job easier.

Sorry hear you got burned, but we're pleased to see you in here and publicising it.

John DeLaney
#13761 by Ralph Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:02 am
Hi Kings

Welcome to Scamwarners

If you do have information to share, i would prefer if you would share it with us rather than amonst yourselves, as John suggested, we have access to many contacts who can and will deal with this very quickly.

My first concern is for the safety of our members and dont take offence by this but I would not like those who post here to be lured into a false sense of security and start divulging information with other people here who say they are looking for help also.

There simply is no way of knowing if you are actually part of the same group of scammers and while I do not believe that is the case, our regular members do not have access to check out the validity of your claims and this could lead to unnecessary concerns for either of you.

I do have an email address in my signature line that you can use if you wish to contact me or you can use the sites PM system to contact our support team for advice.
#13762 by junior1987 Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:09 am
ok
So ive attempted to talk to the police 3 times today, and they haven't been able to help me! The first time i called my local sheriffs department, and they send a unit over within 20 min. But he had to take off, i heard his radio going off, so he responded to it. He told me hed be back, but i waited almost 5 hours and nothing.

I went to the police station, and they rudely told me to go home, and call back they will send me a unit over. well i called them about 4 hours ago, and nothing. No cop has showed up. What should i do?
#13763 by Ralph Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:24 am
So long as you have done what you can, they will hardly be able to say you have hidden anything from them, wait for their response for the monent and keep a record of who you spoke to and when.

Meanwhile we might be able to get the ball rolling from here :wink:
#13780 by kings2006 Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:52 pm
Thanks to everyone for such a nice welcome. Getting down to business let me give you some facts

He created a Gmail account for myself it was Removed@gmail.com
shortly after he disabled it, and the passwords was Removed. just throwning it in there it might help in a way

I had spent about $160 in supplies, after doing the checks for a week he refunded me $100. He sent it through western union and the named used was Terry Ruble, I had asked about terry ruble and he said its just a client.

I have his login information for versacheck, go to versacheck.com, click account manager and for the username he uses the email Removed@gmail.com
and his password is Removed

Notice under account information he uses the name Christian Simeo, I have no idea what his name is. First it benson, then kenny,James williams, maybe even terry ruble and now Christian Simeo. Also uses a lot of emails

just like junior1987 I have labels I printed and still have some on my computer, I have information of three different banks he provided to me such as routing number, account and fictional number, of course bank name and address too.

I also had two of his UPS accounts, now I only have one. The first one his username was Removed and password Removed, and the second one is the one I still have, I know its bad but what i did was i chnaged the password so he wont get in. So i have those details, I will post those details later.

I want everyone to notice when i give you that log in info login and notice he uses an expired credit card, I have no idea how he is cheating UPS as well. I contacted UPS and they told me to send them the two different tracking numbers and they can help. He also order and I got it delievered at my house 500 UPS envelopes, air way bills and some Fedex envelopes, I still have not opened them

I have all my emails and I even have all the chats saved in a log. Myself being interested in computer forensics and computer security I went ahead and tracked him down by IP address and I got some good information. Hopefully it is not spoofed

Multi-Links Telecommunications Limited- this is believed to be his ISP
In continent of Africa, and country of Nigeria
City says Lagos
82.128.20.240 thats the IP I tracked down from the server

he also told me this was his website
http://workathomeunited.com/jendm

I have more information but i dont have access to my other files there at home, I will try and get them by tomorrow

I have removed login details from your post, please don't put this information in the forum, we can not use any of these passwords but we can include such information in any reports we make. Please PM this to myself or one of the support team members that you see online - Ralph
#13781 by John DeLaney Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:50 pm
Thanks Kings, everything you can post here helps

We'll have someone working on the USPS side when its daylight there, don't post any details yet, there will be someone soon for you to pm the details to.

edit to add, I'll be adding to this as I go today. Work in progress sign please.

Workathome is here.

Host of the IP: workathomeunited.com [Whois] [Reverse IP]
Host IP [?]: 98.129.12.39 Copy [Whois] [Reverse IP]
IP country code: US
IP address country: ip address flag United States
IP address state: Texas
IP address city: San Antonio
IP postcode: 78229
IP address latitude: 29.5073
IP address longitude: -98.5747
ISP of this IP [?]: Rackspace.com
Organization: Platinum Synergy Group
Local time in United States: 2009-09-08 21:51

Registrant:
Michelle Smith
2479 Windmill Cr
Elizabeth, Colorado 80107
United States

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (http://www.godaddy.com)
Domain Name: WORKATHOMEUNITED.COM
Created on: 24-Nov-06
Expires on: 24-Nov-10
Last Updated on: 25-Nov-08

Administrative Contact:
Smith, Michelle [email protected]
2479 Windmill Cr
United States
(720) 851-9637

Technical Contact:
Smith, Michelle [email protected]
2479 Windmill Cr
United States
(720) 851-9637

Domain servers in listed order:
NS1.PLATINUMDESIGNS.NET
NS2.PLATINUMDESIGNS.NET

Given that the site was first registered in 2006 through to 2010, but not updated since 2008, I'm wondering if it is still legit or taken over.

I'm emailing the original registrant to check. If anything we'll have one or the other call into here.

Craigslist have taken the posting off the page

This posting has been flagged for removal
(The title on the listings page will be removed in just a few minutes.)

John DeLaney
#15295 by animablue Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:47 pm
At this moment there is a check on its way to my address for an item I posted on craigslist ( an electric guitar)
I think I just found you just in time....the buyers is name Teddy Jherma [email protected]

I WONT CASH IT.

is there anything else I should do or know? please ADVICE

thanks

A.

here is what he writes:

EMAIL #1

I'm interested your add and will like to know if it's still up for sale.

Please write back to me as soon as possible.

Thanks.

EMAIL #2

Hello,

Glad to read from you. I'm really interested in the unit but i'm so sorry as i won't be able to come for a look as i'm the busy type. Well, i'll keep in touch with my financier to mail a check for the amount you're requesting and will have a shipping company to come for the pick up as soon as you confirm to me that you receive the check and it clears your bank.
If this arrangement is acceptable, pls get back to me with the info below

# Payee name:

# Physical contact address {home/office}:

# Telephone number:(Cell and Home)

Please write back as soon as possible so we can proceed.

Thanks.

EMAIL #3

Hello,

Guess you're doing great!! I'm so sorry for my late reply. Well, Payment had been mailed to you and i'm pretty sure it will be delivered to you on or before friday via UPS courier service. I also want you to be aware that the check coming to you includes the shipping cost of the item which implies that as soon as you cashed the check, you'll be sending the shipping cost included to the shipping co. via money gram so they can come for the pick as that's the only mode of payment they accept.(i'm so sorry for not telling you about this earlier).

The shipping company will be contacting you via email to schedule the pick up date and time, pls. respond to them.

Thanks alot for your understand and have a great day.
#15304 by Jillian Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:55 pm
Welcome animablue, I'm so glad that you made it here in the nick of time!! :=) Yes, what you've posted is an example of a standard overpayment scam involving a fraudulent check. The key to recognizing it is this bit:

I also want you to be aware that the check coming to you includes the shipping cost of the item which implies that as soon as you cashed the check, you'll be sending the shipping cost included to the shipping co. via money gram

The scammer will of course be playing the role of the "shipping company" and the check will be fraudulent.

You can tell the scammer that you aren't selling your item or are selling locally, etc. and then just completely ignore any and all emails from him. You don't owe him any explanation and confronting him won't have any benefit.

Please read this topic on check scams: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3237

When the check arrives either tear it up or mark it as fraudulent and save it as a souvenir of a near miss but having been smart enough to do some research. You can also contact the bank that the check is written on and notify them that the account is compromised and being used by a scammer.

Have you sent a payment to a scammer with Western Union and now realize it's a scam? If the payment has not been picked up, you can cancel it immediately! 1-800-448-1492

Follow ScamWarners on Twitter: http://twitter.com/ScamWarners
#15310 by animablue Fri Oct 23, 2009 2:18 am
Thanks so much.... :D

So what do you suggest?

When the check arrives tear it up or contact the bank that the check is written on and notify them that the account is compromised and being used by a scammer?

whats better?

thanks again

A.
Last edited by animablue on Fri Oct 23, 2009 2:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
#15311 by animablue Fri Oct 23, 2009 2:21 am
I wrote the scammer to ask where is he from, and he sent this:

Hello,

Good to hear from you,My Name is teddy Rhema and I'm located in Pa.i'm one of the fifa representative.presently in africa for preparation of the coming world cup.
Pls,write back to me asap you receive the parkage for the payment via UPS courier service.

Hope to read from you soonest.

Teddy.

--------------------------------
Should I reply or ignore it?

thanks again

A.
#15313 by Peta Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:44 am
Hi animalblue. Thank you for posting this information here. It may help to prevent others from being scammed.

Jillian's advice is spot on.
Jillian wrote: When the check arrives either tear it up or mark it as fraudulent and save it as a souvenir of a near miss but having been smart enough to do some research. You can also contact the bank that the check is written on and notify them that the account is compromised and being used by a scammer.

It would be in your interest to stop all communications with the scammer. You don't owe it/him any favours. But if you like to have the last word then...
Jillian wrote: You can tell the scammer that you aren't selling your item or are selling locally, etc. and then just completely ignore any and all emails from him. You don't owe him any explanation and confronting him won't have any benefit.
#17741 by soxcris001 Fri Nov 27, 2009 3:03 pm
Atention everyone!!

"[email protected]" is also using this email "[email protected]" becarefull!!! I almost got scammed.... Im afraid though, for I found out about this scammers after I gave him my email address to send the payment via paypal, my phone number, my name, and work address... for this person to feel secure about the transaction, and be able to pick up the item!!!

I removed the email address from my paypal account, so this person is not able to send anything to me, but I am afraid he/she comes after me....I hope Im wrong....anyways I just filed a complaint with IC3 (Internet Crime 3)