Fake banks, couriers, law firms, escrow and other fake sites used in scams.
#109604 by rvp1 Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:06 pm
Hi, a friend at work told me about this site and I got a bit suspicious. It's called "Adoptasoldier.org" This site matches you up with a soldier that you can write to during their time in service. Just curious it it's legit.

RVP1
Advertisement

#109606 by Dotti Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:20 pm
If you mean "adoptaussoldier.org" then it is a legitimate organization.

However, soldiers are allowed to sign up online, and there is no way of knowing for certain if or how they screen soldier sign-ups to make sure they are real.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
#139940 by Joansie Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:32 am
Complete hoax. I registered wanting to send at least a letter then a late Christmas package. The site said I would receive person within three days but it was less than 24 hours. The letter sounded like a bad car salesmen. Talking about himself then immediately about what he wanted which was not cheap. Feeling uneasy I googled said soldier, he was in fact a soldier, had many links about him, his career, all pretty much promoting his band and even a Sandals vacation ad for him and his fiancé. I don't care if the soldier is male/female, single or married. I just wanted to write to someone who actually needed mail/packages. This site made me completely disgusted.