Scams operating under the guise of a charity.
#10942 by beckyjo9137 Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:02 am
I received an email about 2 weeks ago. I sent my address only and then I did research and have done no further contact. Should I be alarmed? :?

1st email:

Dear Beloved,

I am glad to receive your reply. All I wanted was someone that will
sincerely carry out this mission with a genuine heart and without any
personal interest attached. I took my time and asked God in my prayers to
reveal to me that you are the chosen one for this mission. The closest
one to me who has been taking care of me since I fall ill I already will
everything to her but only for me to findout her boy friend planned with her
to poison me before my time beside all the good things I did for the both
of them. For this reason I think am not safe with the ones around me so
I decide to donate this money to any body my spirit agrees with known or
unknown.

Note that this fund (Eighteen Million Dollars) that I want to donate for
charity use is my last Will and it was deposited under the safe custody
of Barclays Mortgage and Finance Company in London. So far,
I have earlier distributed funds and my other estates to Charity homes
in London, Kuwait, U.A.E, Kenya and Sudan.

I have been on bed-rest for over two weeks in a Hospital, where I have
been receiving medical treatment. I make efforts to check email often
but I am gradually becoming very weak as each day passes by. What I
desire to do now is to donate this fund to you by giving an
authorization letter to the Finance Company through my Lawyer, that
will enable the bank identify you as the new beneficiary that will
inherit my deposits in their custody.

I am being checked frequently by my doctor, who monitors my health
progress and response to treatment. My ailment was diagnosed very
lately but I still pray for miracle to happen so that I can live.
Nevertheless, I will allow you to take 20 percent from the principal
amount of the donation for your upkeep and willingness to achieve my
desire for me, while you should use the remaining 80 percent for the
Charity work.

I need you to assure me that you will make good use of these funds to
help the needy. Please, I want my dreams to be accomplished and that
is why I decided to give the funds to you as my Last Will. Another
request that I wish to make is that I would like you to build a
Charity home or school in my memory.

Send me your Full Names and Address so that I will give reference to
my Lawyer concerning you. As soon as I receive your response, I will
forward your details to my Lawyer to prepare my last Will.

Attached is my recent photograph taken in my hospital room. I will be
delighted to see the picture of yours too.

Yours Beloved Sister,

Mrs. Fareeh Abdullah

2nd email:

Dear Beloved,

How are you and your family today? I feel so fulfilled to read your response. I have e-mailed your details to my Lawyer. She is a Russian. Her name is Ms. Julia Vallee and she is based here in London.

I have told him about my decision to give the funds to you. He shall be contacting you soon if he needs more information. My lawyer would be the one to ensure that you get the funds and below are his contact information.

His Name is Ms. Julya Vallee
E-mail address is [email protected]
Phone: +44-701-113-55514

Please ensure that you cooperate with her to see that you get the funds released to you. My doctor said that I will undergo a major surgery to remove some of the cancer affected areas by next week or so. So I will not readily reply your e-mails until after the Surgery.

I want you to continue to pray for me. It is true that I have not meet with you in person but you truly sound like a nice and sincere person.

I am reposing all my hope and confidence in you praying that you will not fail me or deviate from making good use of the funds.

My dearest, take good care of yourself and May God bless you
abundantly as you do his work.

I also want to know if my lawyer has contacted you always check junk/spam/bulk folder for my email or his due to bad network in UK.

Yours Beloved Sister,
Mrs. Fareeh Abdullah

3rd email:

was from the lawyer with attached copy of Deposit slip and form to fill out. They have not asked for any account numbers. What should I do????

Sincerely,
beckyjo9137
Advertisement

#10943 by The Enchantress Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:51 am
Welcome to Scamwarners beckyjo9137. This is a definite scam and I advise you cease all contact with the scammer an do not give them any personal information or account details.

By post this information you will alert and save others from being caught up in this scam.

Thank You and Well Done :=)

Note this link click here and click here

If you have any questions or concerns, please post and a member here will be glad to answer them.
Last edited by The Enchantress on Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Photos - are scammers using yours? click here
Are you falling for a love scammer? click here
Never send money by Western Union/Moneygram.
Never give personal information.
Online anyone can claim to be anyone, any age and from anywhere.
#10944 by AlanJones Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:02 am
Hi beckyjo9137

As The Enchantress said, it is a scam and you should cease all communication with them.

I note that the 'lawyer' is using a fake domain [email protected] to appear legitimate - we can arrange for that to be killed to stop potential victims from suffering from any loss.

Would it be possible for you to post the full emails including the headers (remove your personal details) from the 2nd email and also the one from the lawyer. If you don't know how to view the headers then let us know which email system you are using and we can tell you how to get them.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#10964 by beckyjo9137 Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:52 pm
thanks a bunch for the info. i figured it was one of the "too good to be true situations"

these are the two addresses they sent from:

This sender is DomainKeys verified
"Ms. Julya Vallee" <[email protected]>

"Fareeh Abdullah" <[email protected]>

here is another one sent from "fareeh":

I also want to know if my lawyer has contacted you always check junk/spam/bulk folder for my email or his due to bad network in UK.

Yours Beloved Sister,
Mrs. Fareeh Abdullah

also, i am using yahoo if thats what you need to know. im not sure how to get the info you need, but i would be glad to help in any way.
#10969 by beckyjo9137 Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:06 am
I just recieved another one, from "coca cola" is this a scam as well?

Flag this message
>>>SUSPECTED SPAM<<< Coca-Cola Bottling Company ***Career-Entry Proposal.*** For: Rebecca Pierce
Wednesday, June 24, 2009 6:36 AM
"Mrs Rita Peterson{Personnel Manager}." <[email protected]>
Add sender to Contacts
To:

Personal info snipped - CF

***Coca-Cola Bottling Company Career Entry Letter & Form.***

Dear Xxxxx Xxxxx,

This is to inform you that after critical and proper review of your new contact email address, we are please to inform you that you have met the requirements needed for the post of Payment Officer / Book Keeper with The Coca-Cola Bottling Company. Furthermore, Your duties as the Payment Officer / Book Keeper is to collect payments from our numerous customers within your region,process the payments,deduct 10% of the amount issued to you as your personal bonus and you transfer the rest of the funds to our main account officer whose information will be provided to you in due time. This Job position is Temporary and does not require a specific work time frame. All payments will be mailed directly to you via your mailing/contact address. This position became necessary when lots of payments is being received from various customers from different regions /states within the United States, Canada and United Kingdom per day and it became very tedious to process and sort, as a result of this, the search for representatives to sort / process payments on behalf of the company became highly necessary.

XXXX XXXXX your tasks are:
1.Receive payment from Customers. 2.Cash Payments at your Bank.. 3.Deduct 10% which will be your commission/pay on each Payment processed 4. Forward balance after deduction of commission/pay to any of the offices you will be contacted to send payment through (Western Union Money Transfer). Our payments will be issued out in your name and you can have them cashed at your bank or other Cashing Services. Deduct your commission and froward the balance to the company.

These are legitimate transactions between our customers & our company representatives over the years & there is no legal risk as these are payments for large orders already bought & delivered. Upon good conduct, you are eligible to be a permanent staff of The company.

If you are interested in this Job Career, Please do forward the following information written in (BOLD) letter as soon as possible:…

Requirements Needed:
Full Name:
Address:
CITY:
STATE:
ZIP CODE:
Phone Number:
Age / Date of Birth:
Sex:
Present Job (If Any):
Marital Status:
Email Address:

Thank you very much and we anticipate your working with The Coca-Cola Bottling Company.

Sincerely,

Mrs Rita Peterson{Personnel Manager}.
Coca-Cola Bottling Company Headquarters
1 Coca-Cola Plaza
Atlanta, GA 30313-2499
1(773)-663-4599
Last edited by beckyjo9137 on Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#10972 by Arnold Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:10 am
100% scam.
1.Receive payment from Customers. 2.Cash Payments at your Bank.. 3.Deduct 10% which will be your commission/pay on each Payment processed 4. Forward balance after deduction of commission/pay to any of the offices you will be contacted to send payment through (Western Union Money Transfer).

The checks will be fake, which you'll only find out after you've made the WU payments. We live in a global economy where businesses have no problems being paid by international customers. WU has no place in the business world.
Your posting includes your name and address, which is risky here. Scammers do visit. Please edit your posting if a mod doesn't beat you to it.

#10980 by Holly Brown Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:34 am
Having worked for a large multi-national corporation, in the Accounts Receivable department, I can assure you that a company the size of Coca-Cola has no problems receiving payment checks. In fact the checks do not come to the offices at all - they go directly to the bank, which has a large department that handles all the checks in a very efficient and timely manner. :D

As Arnold has said, in today's global economic market, international payments are no problem for anyone, and no corporation needs the services of Western Union or Moneygram.

[email protected] if you want to ask me more questions.
#10982 by beckyjo9137 Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:06 pm
Sorry about that I didn't realize all that info was in there. I will definitely watch for that. I am feeling much more informed on scams now. Should I just keep posting different ones that I receive? I really want to help in any way I can. :D

Thanks again!
#10987 by The Enchantress Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:22 pm
Thank you beckyjo9137. I am glad to note you are learning to better recognise these scams.

Posting as many details as possible at Scamwarners about these scams and scammers goes a very big way to helping others to realise the truth and save them losing money.

We welcome any postings by members that alerts and informs other visitors to this site.

#11035 by beckyjo9137 Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:20 pm
Received a couple more "Riches" scams

Flag this message
Get Back To Me
Saturday, June 27, 2009 4:21 PM
"Bright Emmy" <[email protected]>
Add sender to Contacts
To:
undisclosed-recipients
Message contains attachments
bright.htm (3KB)
Antivirus Logo
No virus threat detected
File: bright.htm Download File
Please read the attached message and reply

This is HTML source of message you composed. Do not modify here. To modify this message press HTML Messages Editor button.
Attention:
It is my pleasure to write and inform you of a transaction involving the transfer of USD 8, 600,000.00 (eight million, six hundred thousand US dollars) only into a foreign account for safe-keeping pending my arrival with my colleagues for the sharing with you as the account owner into which the money is remitted.
I am the Group Executive Director of Accounts/Finance at the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC), and this money originated from over-invoiced contract executed for the corporation some years back. A foreign firm has long completed this contract and the contractor duly paid. I now seek if you would permit the surplus to be remitted into your account. As a matter of fact, we are top government officials and we cannot come out openly to claim this amount. This is why we are looking for a competent and honest company or individual abroad whose documents would be tendered by us here in Nigeria as one of the sub-contractors that executed the original project. However, I would wish to receive your personal assurance that you would not sit on the money when it goes into your account. More importantly, you keep confidential this transaction, in order not to tarnish the confidence reposed in the officials involved in this transaction. To affect this transfer, I therefore request the following:
YOU’RE BANK ACCOUNT NUMBER/BANK ADDRESS. WHERE THE MONEY WOULD BE TRANSFERRED INTO AND YOUR PRIVATE FAX AND TELEPHONE NUMBERS FOR QUICK COMMUNICATION.
You should not fear any risk because we have concluded arrangements to safe-guide you in the transaction. This business is 100% risk free. Hence, it requires high level of confidence and secrecy. Meanwhile this is the breakdown of the sharing modalities:
(A). 5% WILL BE USED TO SETTLE TRANSFER CHARGES AND LEGAL PROTOCOLS. (B). 35% IS FOR USING YOUR ACCOUNT. (C). 60% FOR US THE ORIGINATORS.
Be informed that on completion of this business I will use part of my money to invest in your country under your care. Please note that the transfer operation will take seven to fourteen working days to be completed.
Yours faithfully,
Bright Emmy.
GED, Finance & Accounts, NNPC)

Also got this one. Exactly the same different name

Flag this message
Get Back To Me
Saturday, June 27, 2009 5:07 AM
"Mary Albert" <[email protected]>
Add sender to Contacts
To:
undisclosed-recipients
Message contains attachments
Mary.htm (3KB)
Please read the attached message and reply.
#11854 by jessiemom23 Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:46 pm
what if i have recieved money orders from this coca cola scam? i received 2 this morning for 1000 each . is it risky? what should i do with them
#11863 by The Enchantress Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:07 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners jessiemom23.

The money orders are fakes or counterfeit, do not attempt to cash them, you will be breaking the law.

Take them to your local police or bank and ask their advice.

If you are in communication with a scammer please cease contact.

We are here to assist you if you have and questions or concerns.

Please post and give us some background on this situation, but do not include any of your personal details.

#14040 by 45888 Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:05 pm
Here is a letter I got today!!! :bowdown: so sick of these!!!

***Coca-Cola® Bottling Company Career Entry Notification.*** Dear [/color]Good day and how are you?. I had sent an eairlier mail to you on this matter without a reply, Please is this with the contact addressAm Mrs Rita Peterson{Personnel Manager},i work in the management department at Coca-Cola®.I will like to discuss about Online Recruitment Proposal.This is to inform you that after critical and proper review of your new contact email address, we are please to inform you that you have met the requirements needed for the post of Payment Officer / Book Keeper with the Company Coca-Cola®. Furthermore,If you are highly interested in this Job Career, Please do forward the following information written in (BOLD) letter as soon as possible for Appoval of this job post. Requirements Needed:Full Name:Full Contact/Mailing Address(NO P.O.BOX)CITY:STATE:ZIP CODE:Phone Number:Email Address:Age / Date of Birth:Sex: Thank you very much and we anticipate your working with The Coca - Cola Bottling Company. Sincerely, Mrs Rita Peterson{Personnel Manager}.Coca-Cola® Bottling Company
#14042 by Peta Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:26 pm
Hi 45888 :D Thanks for the new information and we're glad you found us. If you still have the original email could you add the email addresses used by the scammer or maybe even the header details. Remove all your own information of course. We find that most people will google an mail address when they suspect a scam so having that info here might just help prevent even more people from losing money to these criminals.
#14059 by The Enchantress Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:13 pm
From: Mrs Rita Peterson{Personnel Manager}. [email protected]
Sent: Tue 9/15/09 8:32 PM

Coca - Cola Bottling Company Career Entry Letter & Form.

Sincerely,

Mrs Rita Peterson{Personnel Manager}.
Coca-Cola Bottling Company Headquarters
1 Coca-Cola Plaza
Atlanta, GA 30313-2499

Mail in full here http://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&p=14034

and here http://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=10969#p10969

Note this warning site http://www.fraudwatchinternational.com/fake-jobs/cocacolaco/

Also note;

research indicates that Coca Cola personnel have email addresses that generally go by firstinitial - lastname @na.ko.com. KO is Coca Cola's stock symbol.