Scams selling or giving away non-existent animals, often Puppy Scams.
#131163 by Nissassary Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:53 pm
Hi

Here is a list of email addresses attached to free for adoption teacup yorkie terrier pups that have popped up around the world. If you see an ad with any of these email addresses attached, it is a scam: If you see an ad that offers you a free $1500 puppy at all, it's a scam :lol:

[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

If you put [email protected] into google for example, you will see the same ad placed all over the world, from LA to Canada to Montreal to Malaysia to Singapore.

I emailed some of these sites that the ads are posted on with the below letter:

Hi, I wish to report a scam ad that is up on your website ....
The above ad is a not valid and is only there to scam people out of their money by making them think that they can adopt these cute $1500 each pups for only the cost of airfreight. Which, they are ask you to pay by western union and you never hear from them again! Quite frankly, you only have to look at the 13 ads this member has posted regarding free extremely expensive puppies so realize something is not right. How many puppies does this person have? And why is every listing stating they are in a different state of Australia? Surely, you, as a website letting them advertise have a responsibility to the public to be more vigilant on what gets posted and by who? These people have to be stopped. If you email them, then trace their ip address, you will see they are actually in Nigeria, not Australia.

Get rid of this scum by stopping them being able to advertise and lie to everyone, please!!!

Please contact any website that you know is letting scammers advertise, if we pressure them to be more vigilant they have no choice but to be!!!!
Advertisement

#131185 by began steele Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:17 pm
Please see this post Nissa. viewtopic.php?f=4&t=55300
You need to compile a strong evidence file with emails you had from the scammer regarding the advert placed and with maybe email address used in the site. Website owners won't do the homework for you. As for Nigeria that's rather a sweeping statement. Aside from West Africa you can also have Canada, Myanmar, Turkey, Russia, and a long list of more countries where scammers are rife, and a longer list of proxies that appear to be from anywhere. Turkey is rife with scammers from West Africa and is now a scam hotspot.

We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. ~~ George Orwell.
#131186 by Inspector Gadget Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:18 pm
Could you supply either a link to one of their adverts or paste the advert in this thread so it can be picked up by the search engines that visit here?

That way anyone else checking on the advert would hopefully be pointed to this site and see what you're saying and may well avoid being duped.
#140599 by Blck Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:47 pm
Hehe, I nearly fell for this today because it had a cute Siberian Husky puppy and I couldn't resist those eyes!

This was on our local search site and I have informed them.

Also put this this on Facebook page

"Would advise everyone to be very careful. I nearly fell for this scam of getting a beautiful puppy that was up for 'adoption'. I got suspicious and googled this email add: [email protected], and this guys email is on the list. PLEASE BE CONSTANTLY ON ALERT. IF SOMETHING LOOKS TOO GOOD, IT PROBABLY IS."