Has someone offered you a huge sum of money or a valuable consignment? It's a 419 or advance fee fraud - find out how they work, and what to do to be safe.
#14245 by Peta Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:27 am
One of the, somewhat dated scamming formats. An official needs help from complete stranger to transfer a huge amount of shady money out of Africa. Unfortunately there are still many people who will fall for this story. The aim of this scam is to steal money from unsuspecting victims in the form of phoney legal/banking fees, usually via western union or moneygram.

Do not respond to this email. Simply ignore or delete.

Delivered-To: *****@scamwarners.co.cc
Return-Path: <[email protected]>
Received: from mail-yw0-f109.google.com (mail-yw0-f109.google.com [209.85.211.109]) <- This is a Gmail IP. It does not reveal the scammers location.
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2009 10:15:55 +0000
Subject: Thanks and reply

Western Union Branch of Eco Bank
Republic of Togo

Dear Sir,

Good day.

My name is Mr. Daniel A. MADU. I am the regional manager of Western Union Eco Bank of Togo in the greater Kara Region of Togo Republic.

I got your information during my search through the Internet. I am 39 years of age and married with 3 lovely kids. It may interest you to hear that I am a man of peace and don't want problem, I only hope we can assist each other.

If you don't want this business offer kindly reply me to forget about you, as I will not contact you again.

I have packaged a financial transaction that will benefit both of us, as the Eco Bank Kara City manager it is my duty to send in an audit financial report to my head office in the capital city Lome at the end of each year.

On the course of the last year 2008 end of year report, I discovered that my branch in Kara, which I am the manager made a sum of (Three Million five hundred and fifty thousand dollars ($3,550.000.00) which my head office are not aware of and will never be aware of.

I have since, placed this fund on what we call NON RESIDENT SUSPENSE ACCOUNT without any beneficiary and the beneficiary must be a foreigner. Because of my position and as an officer of the Western Union in the bank, I can not be directly connected to this money, so this persuaded me by contacting you for us to work together so that you can assist in receiving this money into your foreign bank account for us to SHARE.

If you accept this offer to work with me, I will appreciate it very much and I will details you on how we can achieve it successfully and we shall discuss the sharing ratio and modalities for transfer as soon as you respond.

Thanks and reply immediately.

Best regards,

Mr. Daniel A. MADU
Advertisement