Room for Rent and other rental scams
#142674 by Con Warner Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:53 pm

Hello Madam/sir ,

Thanks for your interest in my house, I am Michael Griffin The owner of the apartment, I have really decided to give out the house as a result of my transfer to Africa with the whole family. We are already here in Africa over a week now. The house is available for long term and the building is in a great location situated in the quiet and safe area and offers secure access. internet, cable, laundry in-suite, storage facilities, heat,water, electric and parking is included in the rent and pet are allowed. i am going to be back in the country in 2 years time.

Please note that, we are a kind and honest family,that spent a lot on property that is available for rent, so in one accord, we are soliciting or your absolute maintenance of this house and want you to treat it as your own.I did not entrust the apartment in the care of any agent or anyone because i want deal directly with anyone who wants rent.

I tried to look for an agent that I could give the document & the keys before I left but could not find any as a matter of urgency. And I don't want home misused in my absence that is why I took the keys and documents along with me and you would be the only occupant of this unit as renting this room will give you access to the rest of the house and you won' t have no one to share anything with. So I hope you will promise me to take very good care of the house always.

Its well furnished and all amenities are Included. Such as : Dishwasher,Gas cooker, Fridge , Microwave , Washer/Dryer ,Cable Television , Electricity , Heat , Parking , Water/Sewer Bathroom,Hardwood,Internet Access , Internet access and many more.

Attached are the interior pictures for you to have an idea how beautiful and spacious the inside looks, I will like you to get back to me with your final decision after viewing the interior pictures and let me know if you are interested in proceeding with the rental, kindly get back to me with your final decision for us to proceed with the rental.

$150 Weekly
$600 Monthly
Apartment Address : 569 George Street Sydney NSW 2000
*********RENT APPLICATION FORM******
(Private and Confidential)

Also, Please let me get answer to the application below :-
1)Your Full Name ?
2)Your Full Address Where You Reside Right Now ?
3)Reachable Mobile Phone Number ?
4)Age ?
5) Sex ?
6)Are You Married ?
7)How many people will be living in the apartment?
8)Do You have a Pet ?
9)Do You have a Car ?
10)Occupation ?
11) Citizen Of Which Country ?
12)How Long Did You Want To Stay ?
13)What Is Your Moving In Date ?
14) How Many Month Rent Are You Willing To Pay ( Rent $600 + bond $300 = $900 ) ?
15) When Did You Please On Moving Out ?
Thanks and God bless you more as you do this.
Note: The bond security is refundable the day you leaving the apartment if no damage is done on the property.

I look forward to hearing from you ASAP.

Regards.

Michael Griffin.

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Email: [email protected]

Latest updates regarding Internet Fraud: http://www.antifraudnews.com
Advertisement

#143036 by errorx Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:51 pm
Same story !!!!!

AD is Gumtree.com.au

Michael Griffin <[email protected]>

/////////////////////

Hello Madam/sir ,

Thanks for your interest in my house, I am Michael Griffin The owner of the apartment, I have really decided to give out the house as a result of my transfer to Africa with the whole family. We are already here in Africa over a week now. The house is available for long term and the building is in a great location situated in the quiet and safe area and offers secure access. internet, cable, laundry in-suite, storage facilities, heat,water, electric and parking is included in the rent and pet are allowed. i am going to be back in the country in 2 years time.

Please note that, we are a kind and honest family,that spent a lot on property that is available for rent, so in one accord, we are soliciting or your absolute maintenance of this house and want you to treat it as your own.I did not entrust the apartment in the care of any agent or anyone because i want deal directly with anyone who wants rent.

I tried to look for an agent that I could give the document & the keys before I left but could not find any as a matter of urgency. And I don't want home misused in my absence that is why I took the keys and documents along with me and you would be the only occupant of this unit as renting this room will give you access to the rest of the house and you won' t have no one to share anything with. So I hope you will promise me to take very good care of the house always.

Its well furnished and all amenities are Included. Such as : Dishwasher,Gas cooker, Fridge , Microwave , Washer/Dryer ,Cable Television , Electricity , Heat , Parking , Water/Sewer Bathroom,Hardwood,Internet Access , Internet access and many more.

Attached are the interior pictures for you to have an idea how beautiful and spacious the inside looks, I will like you to get back to me with your final decision after viewing the interior pictures and let me know if you are interested in proceeding with the rental, kindly get back to me with your final decision for us to proceed with the rental.

$250 Weekly
$1000 Monthly

Apartment Address : 4 Jardine Street Kingston ACT 2604

1)Your Full Name ?
4)Age ?
5) Sex ?
6)Are You Married ?
8)Do You have a Pet ?
9)Do You have a Car ?
10)Occupation ?
14) How Many Month Rent Are You Willing To Pay ( Rent $1000 + bond $500 = $1500 ) ?
15) When Did You Please On Moving Out ?

Note: The bond security is refundable the day you leaving the apartment if no damage is done on the property.

Regards.

+ apartment pictures !!!

AND REPLAY is>
/////////////////////////////////////////

Hello XXXXX ,

Thanks for getting back to me with the filled application, I just called you but we are having difficulty hearing each other, well I will like you to understand that you will need to pay for the first one month include the bond which $1,500 to me then you can be paying every two weeks. I can see your willingness in staying in our apartment. My wife and I have been through your information because we got some other applicants who are also interested in the place but we are given yours a top list i think you most be a lucky person. I want you to know that The rent includes all tax and bills, Well after reviewing your application I and my wife Sarah are glad to inform you that your application has been approved as our new tenant. Please I want you to confirm the address in which you will like me to send the keys/documents so that there will no be any mistake in it.

address xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Here are the contents of the document.
1)Entrance and the rooms Keys
2)Paper/Permanent house form(Containing your
reference details)
3)The house documentary file.
4)Payment Receipt.
5)Full address and description of the house

I will make all necessary arrangement for the keys/documents to be ship via FedEx courier service once the payment is confirmed to me via western union money transfer. I will get back to you with FedEx TRACKING NUMBER for the keys/documents. it will take only 24 hours for you to receive the package at your provided address. Kindly get back to me so that i can send you the details for the payment ASAP. So you can secure our place for yourself immediately. I need to confirm if you are indeed serious about renting and taking care of our apartment. Please I need you to remember your promise of taking care of the apartment.

You will be making the advance to me via western union money transfer once that is confirm to me I will proceed with the shipment of the package ASAP.

I will like to speak with you on the phone please call 0112348163157673.

Hope to read from you soon, Thank you and God Bless you.

Regards.
////////////////////
#144123 by montesasetnom Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:28 am
And again the same story!

Some people are just sick and have nothing better to do than screw with other peoples lives!

Hello Madam/sir ,

Thanks for your interest in my house, I am Brent McAllister The owner of the apartment, I have really decided to give out the house as a result of my transfer to Africa with the whole family. We are already here in Africa over a week now. The house is available for long term and the building is in a great location situated in the quiet and safe area and offers secure access. internet, cable, laundry in-suite, storage facilities, heat,water, electric and parking is included in the rent and pet are allowed. i am going to be back in the country in 2 years time.

$170 Weekly
$680 Monthly

Apartment Address : 107/19-23 Forbes Street Woolloomooloo NSW 2011

1)Your Full Name ?
4)Age ?
5) Sex ?
6)Are You Married ?
8)Do You have a Pet ?
9)Do You have a Car ?
10)Occupation ?
14) How Many Month Rent Are You Willing To Pay 1 month $680 OR 2 months $1360 and get one month free ?
15) When Did You Please On Moving Out

Regards.

And then I got this confirmation!

PROFILE ACCEPTED AS MY NEW TENANT

Brent McAllister
7:54 pm (1 day ago)

to me
Hi Tessa ,

Thanks for getting back to me with the filled application, I can see your willingness in staying in our apartment. My wife and I have been through your information because we got some other applicants who are also interested in the place but we are given yours a top list i think you most be a lucky person. I want you to know that The rent includes all tax and bills, Well after reviewing your application I and my wife Sarah are glad to inform you that your application has been approved as our new tenant. Please I want you to confirm the address in which you will like me to send the keys/documents so that there will no be any mistake.

10/56-58 Church Street, Camperdown 2050

Here are the contents of the document.
1)Entrance and the rooms Keys
2)Paper/Permanent house form(Containing your
reference details)
3)The house documentary file.
4)Payment Receipt.
5)Full address and description of the house

I will make all necessary arrangement for the keys/documents to be ship via FedEx courier service once the payment is confirmed to me via western union money transfer. I will get back to you with FedEx TRACKING NUMBER for the keys/documents. it will take only 24 hours for you to receive the package at your provided address. Kindly get back to me so that i can send you the details for the payment ASAP. So you can secure our place for yourself immediately. I need to confirm if you are indeed serious about renting and taking care of our apartment. Please I need you to remember your promise of taking care of the apartment.

I will like to speak with you on the phone please call 0112348163157673.

Hope to read from you soon, Thank you and God Bless you.

Regards.