Room for Rent and other rental scams
#146598 by Con Warner Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:56 pm
Date: Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 11:11
Subject: Re: $750 / 1br - Gorgeous One Bedroom Apartment With Hardwood Floor (Brooklyn Heights)
To: Con Warner

Hello Happy New Year,

How are you today, I hereby inform you that the apartment is still available for rent. We want to give the apartment to someone who will take proper care of it because it is indeed a lovely apartment and ready to move in as soon as possible.

The apartment monthly rent is $750,(Including Utilities) while the security deposit fee is $550. The apartment futures includes:1 Bedroom,1 Baths, Hardwood Floor , a nice living room, kitchen, Brand New Cabinets & Refrigerator.

The reason for renting this apartment is because I have just been appointed by the United States of America Government as Head of Anti-Terrorist Unit Monitoring Squad and have been posted to West Africa for special duties on the America Embassy and the International Airport , to monitor everyone traveling in and out of the county.

Furthermore, I will like you to fill this rent application form in other to know the kind your personality and also send the keys and the document of the apartment to your given address. Endeavor to give full details in the form.

GENERAL INFORMATION

Applicant Full Names::
Home Phone No.:
Cell Phone No.:
Work Phone No:
Married or Single:______
Present Address:_______Nearest Cross Street______
(Including City, State, Zip)
Date of Occupancy: From ___________ to _________
Previous Address
(Including City, State, Zip)
Monthly Rent:

PROOF OF PAYMENT (DEPOSIT SECURITY FEE)
How soon can you make payment for the security deposit fees and send to me?
How soon would you like to receive the keys & document of the apartment?
Would you take proper care of the apartment if given to you?
Do you have kids___ how many?
Do you have pets?
Do you smoke__or drink__?
Are you moving in alone or with someone?
Here is the apartment address:55 Pierrepont St, Brooklyn NY 11201

Feel free to contact me as soon as possible via my phone number: 011-234-802-699-0674 or +234-802-699-0674 .You can send me text message on my Rom America number (347)719-1988

I await your swift response.

Thank you.
Mr.& Mrs Barbara Robinson

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Email: [email protected]

Latest updates regarding Internet Fraud: http://www.antifraudnews.com
Advertisement