Room for Rent and other rental scams
#146610 by CJ0612 Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:37 pm
Hello,

Sorry for the late response.Thanks for your email and interest in renting my house..Let me start by introducing myself.I must confess that I am very new in this landlord business. I am Denis S Burchell, the owner of the house you are making inquiry of located at 557 2nd St APT 1 Hoboken, NJ 07030 Actually I resided in the house with my family, my wife and my only daughter. I will love to have showed you round the house and the inside, but am sorry i am presently out on a missionary trip.I have been posted to the West Africa by the United State Christian Organization for (Worldwide Missionary Outreach). We are now in West Africa for the Missionary work and so all you can do is drive by the home anytime.. I spent less time in the States so I could not get a hold on any Realtor to handle this rent issue, although it was when I knew how long we are going to stay in Africa that I decided to rent out the house. However,the initial plan was to sale out the
House. which I tried, but sometimes the agents inflates the prize and it takes longer to sell. .Pls i want you to note that i spent a lot on my property that i want to give to you for rent,so i will solicit for your absolute maintenance of this house and want you to treat it as your own, It is not the money that is the main problem but i want you to keep it tidy all the time so that i will be glad to see it neat when i come for a check up.I also want you to let me have trust in you as i always stand on my word.You can go check the neighborhood and get back to me for further discussion.It is available for a long lease as I intend buying a new home on getting back to the state.Hope you are okay with the price of $800 per month/$500 for the security deposit fee?with Laundry, Electric Range, Electric Heat, Master Bedroom, Playground, Car Park.AMENITIES: Air Conditioning, Patio/Party Deck, Cable TV, Ceiling Fans, 24 hours Internet service, Dishwasher, Fire-pit, Garbage Disposal, Microwave, security alarm, Pets Friendly, Refrigerator, Washer / Dryer.

Pet Allowed.

SO IF YOU ARE REALLY INTERESTED I WILL WANT YOU TO FILL THE RENT APPLICATION FORM BELOW.

1. Your Name and Names of people moving in with you?
2. Age and sex of each person?
3. Your current house address / Cell number / home number?
4. Why relocating?
5. Occupation of each person?
6. Do you have pets and cars, how many?
7. When do you plan to move in, please write exact date?
8. How often do you do your current house cleaning?
9. Can we trust you and our house safe keeping in your hand?
10.You smoke and drink? (We just wanna know don't get it twisted) no hard feelings.

Looking forward to hear from you with all this details so that i can have it in my file in case of issuing the receipt for you and contacting you…Await your urgent reply so that we can discuss on how to get the document and the keys to you,please we are giving you all this based on trust and again i will want you to stick to your words,you know that we have not seen yet and only putting everything into Gods hands,so please do not let us down in this our property and God bless you more as you do this…The house is available for rent at the moment so you are free to move in as soon as you wish to..

Thanks and I hope to hear from you soon.

God Bless You
Denis S Burchell
+2347046139454
Advertisement

#146613 by CJ0612 Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:34 pm
Wanted to note that he also e-mailed at address: [email protected]
& texted from an 8 digit number: 924-665-03.

He luckily did not get anything out of me other than my email address & phone number. I have reported the posting on craigslist, but wanted to put this out there in case other apartment hunters came across something similar.