Room for Rent and other rental scams
#146871 by onixa Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:05 am
To: Trade-It MY ADRESS !
Sent: Saturday, January 26, 2013 4:25 AM
Subject: Re: Message from someone interested in your advert

Thanks for the interest you have in my flat and i am very sorry for the late reply it was hectic schedule at work. My flat is still available for rent and you can rent my flat as long as you pay your rent at when due. Here are the necessary things you need to know about the rent and deposit.

Rent : £ 240.00 pm
Security Deposit: £ 500.00 (Returnable at the end of a month stay in my flat)
Utility bills inclusive ( water, gas, council tax, TV license and wireless Internet Electricity. Except house cleaner bill) Utility Cost : £ 0.00 pcm

However, my flat is not shared apartment but you can share my flat with anyone you like and it's fully furnished in and out with all necessary house use also benefits a secured parking space. At this stage that you want to rent my flat, i need to know some few question about you and where your are coming from to stay in my flat. Can you take care of my flat as it is? How many months do you intend to rent and pay for? Do you have references in Bristol?

Kindly reply for further information and i would like to know where you are coming from to stay in my flat.

Regards
Mr/Mrs Brehn

SECOND E-MAIL
Concerning your question my flat is located at The Mill House, Ferry Street, Bristol City Centre, BS1 6HH and due to my past bitter experience. Henceforth, my solicitor and i have decided to carry out a simple test on seriousness and financial ability to pay for my rent before coming for viewing or reservation of my flat. I have traveled all the way from Ireland to take some interested candidates round my flat because that's where i work, which has brought about great loss to me.

I would not ask you to send your bank statements or pay slip. At least 1 month £ 240 rent together with the security deposit £ 500 which is refundable would be required from you to transfer to someone close to you through Western union Post Office using your name as the Sender and your friend's/family member's name as the Receiver.

Once you have done this, scan the receipt to me and if you do not have scanner, you may write out the details on the receipt as i will forward it to my solicitor to verify if it's truly genuine and available in your friend's custody, after verification, then we can proceed for the viewing.

Note that the transfer must be confirmed valid before the receiver picks up the money and also, i will refund back to you the cost of transfer when we meet.

I look forward to reading from you soon. +447024084809 +447024028441

Regards
Mr/Mrs Brehn

THEY WILL SEND YOU A PICTURE WITH AN OLD LADY.
DON'T TRUST THEM.The money can be picked up virtualy!!!!

ALSO THE NUMBERS THEY ARE NOT UK NUMBERS!!!!!!
Advertisement