Information on romance scams and scammers.
#147751 by GHOST Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:37 am
HALLO I WAS NEW ONLINE PLUS ONLINE DATING SIDE MYUKDATE...I BEEN SCAMMED WITH FORMS YOU SHOWING HERE ...NOW HE SAYING HE NEED BTA (BIOLERPLATE TEST ARTICLE) YES WHAT EVER ..NOW IS BASE TRAVEL MONEY..WHAT EVER ....IS BEEN GOING ON FOR 2 YEARS NOW I STOPPED PAYING ,,,AS I WILL NOT GET MY SELF MORE IN TO DEPT ..HE SAYING HE HAS ALL LEAVE PAPERS NOW BUT NEED BTA ... I BELIVE THAT I WILL NEVER SEE HIM ..AS HIS WRITHING IS GETTING LESS AND LESS NOW ...BUT I LOST BIG MONEY BECOC OF ALL NOW ..I WAS READING ABOUT IF LEAVE IS GRANDED ,,BUT IT NOT SAY WHAT WHEN LEAVE GRANDED WILL IT STILL COST MONEY ..IF HE IS IN IRAQ PEACE MISSION WILL HE STILL GET LEAVE OR NOT ..
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
gen iraq kuwau mike [email protected]

I HAVE SO MANY EMAIL ADDRESSES WHERE SOLDIER WANT ME TO EMAIL TO TO GET THERE LEAVE ..I SAY NO NO MONEY AND THERE LEAVE ME ALONE OR SOME TIMES SAYING STOP PAYING YOU BILLS AND SEND IT TO ME ... YES WHAT EVER NO WAY

THIS BARRISTER PATRICK AND BARRISTER FRIEND B WATNEY FROM GHANA ,,,PICKED ME FROM SCAMMER REPORT SIDE ..SO PLEASE TO ALL DO NOT BELIVE THEM .. I LOST 1500 POUNDS ,,AS THERE WAS ASKING ME TO PAY FOR MY MONEY TO GET HERE VIA ATM CARD
:? :cry:
Advertisement

#147753 by TerranceBoyce Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:52 am
No soldier in any Western army has to pay anything for leave. He's either entitled to it or not, and he gets it without making any payment. No one else has any say in the matter, unless an emergency situation occurs in which case leave will be granted, again without any charge.

As the concept of paying for leave is a fiction it's impossible to know what BIOLERPLATE TEST ARTICLE is intended to mean. It appears to be an engineering term he's using to impress you. (As he is uneducated he can't spell it properly).

He isn't a soldier and is merely a liar and thief. He won't ever come and see you and doesn't want a relationship with you other than for you to keep paying him money. Undoubtedly he has other women paying him money too. The more money you pay him and the more frequently you do it, the more he'll send you e-mails telling you how much he loves you.

I regret that this is the truth. He probably already has a wife and children in West Africa where he lives. he makes his living sending e-mails telling lies.

CAR ADVERTS - If a car seller mentions escrow - he's scamming you Never ever for any reason pay anything until you have seen and inspected the vehicle
#147758 by Dotti Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:05 am
Welcome Ghost,

I am sorry that you were scammed.

It is important that you understand what is happening so that you are not pulled in any further.

I BELIVE THAT I WILL NEVER SEE HIM

There is NO doubt about that. You will NEVER see the man in the photos, for a simple reason. You have never met or been in contact with the man in the photos.

The person writing to you is nothing like the person in the photos. I'm guessing the man who is supposedly writing you is a middle-aged Caucasian American soldier. In reality,the person who has sent you those emails is a young, black, African man. He has probably never even been in the United States. He doesn't even know the man in the photos. The scammer just stole the photos off the internet and started to pretend to be the person in them. As Terrance has said, he may very well be married.

The man in the photos is very likely happily married or involved in a relationship. It's possible the man in the photos is not even alive, as scammers have even used photos of soldiers who were killed in action!

The person writing you is after your money, plain and simple, and he will use a wide variety of lies and stories in his attempts to get it. Continuing contact with him will NEVER result in anything good for you. The best thing you can do for yourself now is to completely cut off all contact with this person. Just stop writing to him. Do not answer any emails, take any phone calls, or chat with him. Block his email address, and ignore ALL contact from anyone who claims to be connected to him in any way, including anyone who writes you claiming to be police.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
#147760 by GHOST Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:51 am
the blogs name is so he say staff sgt bradley smith barrero but there all so 2 more one smith barrero and one sgt smith barrero all same photo ... no i do niot send any money long time now ...but i know there is no change to get my money ever back ..some one from usa national security in leeds sayed ssgt bradley smith barrero real name is micleal smith brown and live in london with a mate and he has no visa to go to usa so he has to ask for visa to see his girl friend in l.a so there say but i mistrust them as there ask me for money as well ...his name is kelvin miller ... i learn fast with all this ...am part german part uk ,,,sorry if i mis spell ....(boilerplate test articel) i was beliving it was base travel money but never mind i just pray hope no other woman will fall for him... but thank you for all the information ..the lord be with you all pray hope you all stay safe
best wishes
ghost
#147761 by TerranceBoyce Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:04 am
usa national security in leeds

The USA doesn't have a National Security Office in Leeds and, if they did, they wouldn't tell anyone.

That was just the scammer lying to you again pretending to be someone else. If he thinks you believe him he will pretend to be the police, the CIA and Interpol and the aim will be the same - to get you to pay him money. That is all he is interested in. He doesn't care what you look like because all he wants is your money. The scammers aren't any different if you have movie star looks.

CAR ADVERTS - If a car seller mentions escrow - he's scamming you Never ever for any reason pay anything until you have seen and inspected the vehicle
#147762 by jolly_roger Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:11 am
I am sad this happened to you. Just adding to the other members comments, the [email protected] is simply a free email address from mail.com that anybody could use (it's like hotmail ectetera). The so called barrister and barristers friend would be part of the scam syndicate. As has been suggested, you need to sever all communications with immediate effect. Give no reason or hint to the dirty trickster why you stop writing. That will confuse the scammer and put it on the back foot. I know words cannot heal the hurt you are feeling at present. Your report will help someone in future and that's a positive thing. Be wary of other scammers or the same scam group (using differing names) writing in the next few days or couple of weeks. If you have any doubts, ask and someone within the forums can help with advice.
#147768 by GHOST Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:41 am
HALLO THINK HOW I CAN GET PHOTO OF SCAMMERS ON HERE SO NO ONE OTHER WILL FALL FOR THEM I WILL WRITH ALL NAMES HERE PLUS PHOTOS IF I KNOW HOW TO GET THEM ON HERE THANKS
#149744 by GHOST Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:03 am
HALLO I PRAY HOPE NO OTHER WOMAN WILL FALL FOR HIM AS HE IS STILL ON DATING SIDES ,,,SOME ONE WAS USEING MY PIC AND I STOPPED IT I TOLD DATING SIDE IS NOT ME BUT SCAMMER ,,SO PLEASE TO ALL WOMAN AND MEN THAT GO TO FIND REAL TRUE LOVE ON DATING SIDE ,,IF ANY ONE ASK FOR MONEY BEST BUTTON IS DEL... I LEARNED THE VERY HARD WAY AND WAS HURT LIKE HELL ... SO PLEASE IN THE LORDS NAME DO NOT FALL LIKE I DID
THE LORD BE WITH YOU ALL THANK YOU
#149750 by began steele Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:01 am
Hello Ghost. I know what your Boiler plate test actually is. The rat is so uneducated he doesn't know anything and he gets his information using wikipedia. That gives a clue to what that phrase is supposed to be. It should be "BOILERPLATE TEXT ARTICLE". -
boilerplate - standard formulations uniformly found in certain types of legal documents or news stories.

"Contract" means the same in the context he used.
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/boilerplate
3. a set of instructions incorporated in several places in a computer program or a standard form of words used repeatedly in drafting contracts, guarantees, etc.

Really it is a text template.
Here is an example
Hello my queen . I am a >rank< serving in >country<. i liked your profile on >website<. i will like to now you better. here is my email address >email address<. I want money. Send >currency< >amount< by >transfer service needed< to pay for my >leave/satellite phone/diplomats fees/parcel delivery<.

Scammers use them all the time and often get it wrong which is why you see incorrect sites in messages or items like " >[email protected]< ". You can be certain anyone doing that is a scammer and have a boiler plate text used to contact thousands of victims. He may have made a mistake himself and forgotten to " >insert BTA<" In other words, the chunk of cut and paste text he had prepared and which he omitted to stick in. :mrgreen:

We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. ~~ George Orwell.
#149755 by GHOST Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:25 am
HALLO HAHAHAH I WAS THINKING BTA AND I SAYED BOILERPLATE TEST ARTILE AND HE SAYED YEA SO I KNOW HE WAS LYING I GOT HIM MANY TIMES WITH THINGS LIKE PPL I KNOW WHAT IT MEANS BUT HE SAYED NO IRAQ HAS NO SOLDIERS LEFT THERE BUT THERE STILL SAY IT WELL BOYS WRONG AND AFGAN I DO NOT BELIVE FOR ONE MIN THAT FAMILY OR FRIENDS HAVE TO PAY BUT THERE STILL SAY IT WITH SOME FUNNY EXPLAINATION SO THERE HAD TO PAY TO GET TO AFGAN OR IRAQ OR IRAN WELL NEWS FOR ME . BUT PLEASE ALL WOMAN AND MEN DO NOT BELIVE THEM ALL THERE WANRT IS YOUR MONEY AND WHEN YOU STOP IS BYE BYE OK
#149773 by began steele Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:02 am
That's good Ghost. I hope you liked what I posted anyway. Sorry you lost a bit of dosh on the way but otherwise you are acting along the right lines. However please don't educate scammers and tell them the stupid mistakes they make on the way, We like ignorant stupid scammers who couldn't scam their way out of a sewer. Hopefully the next victims will soon twig it and tell him to bog off.

We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. ~~ George Orwell.
#149774 by GHOST Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:03 am
HALLO ...HAHAHAH ...I WAS THINKING BTA AND I SAYED BOILERPLATE TEST ARTILE .... HE SAYED YEA ...SO I KNOW.. HE WAS LYING ...I GOT HIM MANY TIMES WITH THINGS ..LIKE PPL ....I KNOW WHAT IT MEANS. BUT HE SAYED NO ....HE DO NOT NEED THAT ....IRAQ HAS NO SOLDIERS LEFT THERE ...BUT THERE STILL SAY IT... WELL BOYS ....WRONG AND AFGAN...I DO NOT BELIVE FOR ONE MIN THAT FAMILY OR FRIENDS HAVE TO PAY ... THERE STILL SAY IT WITH SOME FUNNY EXPLAINATION SO THERE HAD TO PAY TO GET TO AFGAN OR IRAQ OR IRAN WELL NEWS FOR ME . BUT PLEASE ALL WOMAN AND MEN ...DO NOT BELIVE THEM ...ALL THERE WANT IS YOUR MONEY ... WHEN YOU STOP IS ...BYE BYE OK
#149782 by GHOST Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:18 am
HALLO
I DID NOT LOSE LITTLE ...BUT BIG BIG TIME...MEANING A LOT OF MONEY ,, I KNOW ..HE IS LYING ...BUT WHY TELL HIM I KNOW HE IS LYING ???? THAT WILL GIVE ALL A WAY OK... PLEASE DO NOT FORGET ....HE THINKING AM OLD AND BELIVE ALL HE TELLING ME .....I WAS WORKING FOR UK ARMY VERY LONG TIME A GO ...IN OFFICER MESS IN GERMANY ....AFTER WARDS HERE IN UK SO LEAVE WAS NEVER MY TROUBLE ... WHY TELL A LIER HE IS LYING ???? SO HE CAN MAKE NEW EXCUSES ??? NO THANKS ..I WISH SOME WOMAN LEARN FAST THEN ME ....
BEST WISH
GHOST
#149832 by Jillian Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:09 pm
I'm glad you won't tell him you know he's lying, that's exactly the advise we give. We never want to help them improve their scams. I'm sorry you've lost so much money, and am glad you're here to post the info to help others. Let us know if you have any questions.

Have you sent a payment to a scammer with Western Union and now realize it's a scam? If the payment has not been picked up, you can cancel it immediately! 1-800-448-1492

Follow ScamWarners on Twitter: http://twitter.com/ScamWarners