Room for Rent and other rental scams
#150620 by Michelle Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:23 pm
[email protected]

à moi
In order for you to move into the apartment,Trulia - Real Estate- will send you a package containing the keys of the apartment and the tenancy contract. For this to happen, please provide me with your complete name and the address where you wish to receive the package. I will forward these details to Trulia and they will make contact. You will receive instructions to deposit an amount of 800 Euro - first month of rent + security deposit - into their account. Trulia will send you the package in 24 hours after confirmation of your payment. Starting from the day you receive the package you will have 7 days to inspect the apartment and see how you accommodate. You will be ensured because the money will remain in Trulia custody, until you inspect the apartment and declare yourself pleased. After you decide to move in, Trulia will grant me access to the deposit you have made with them, and this way your deposit will become the payment for the first month of rent. I will also be ensured because Trulia will keep the money in their account until you move in. If, for whatever reason, you decide not to rent the apartment, you simply send back the keys and tenancy contract to Trulia and ask for a refund, but I know that this won't happen because you will love it.
So, if this is okay with you and you are determined to rent my apartment, then please send me your complete name and address, so I can forward your details to Trulia and they will start the formalities immediately.
I wish you all the best and I'll be waiting for your answer.
Please visit Trulia web site : www.realtruliaestate-uk.com

The thief will tell you that you can rent his accommodation only if you can prove that you have genuine interest. He will ask you send money by wire transfer (normally Western Union) to yourself or a member of the family to show that you have sufficient finances and that you are not a "time waster".

Another variation of this scam is that you need to send (by Western Union) money in order that the keys and other documents can be couriered to you

He will ask you to send him the transfer details.

Make no mistake ! Western Union Transfers can be picked up virtually anywhere in the world and with the minimum of identification. They are almost impossible to trace once the money has been collected. You will never get to see the accommodation or your money again.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment by Western Union before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

www.realtruliaestate-uk.com is a fake website and is in the process of being reported

Advertisement