You can't win a lottery you haven't entered! Please read here for information on lottery scams.
#115677 by tye719 Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:35 pm
So I got a text message from "www.freelotto.com" saying that my mobile number had been picked out of millions of numbers world wide and that I had just won 1,000,000 great britain pounds. Im really confused because they arent asking for any of my details all they wanted was my phone number to check that it was a winning number, I have not yet emailed or called their number I wanted to pass through this forum first to see what everyone thinks! If you could help me it would be seriously appreciated!

FREE LOTTO® MOBILE PROMO OFFICE
54, Russell Gardens, London, W14 8EZ UNITED KINGDOM.
============================== == Ref: TFR/9900034943/JPT Batch: FR/45-300-07
============================== ==
ATTN: WINNER
YOUR MOBILE NUMBER ATTACHED TO (Free Lotto® Automatic Subscription Transaction NO.: 1AE76) HAS WON £1,000,000.00{One Million Great British Pounds} IN THIS WEEKS GIVEAWAY WINNERS.
We have received your claims email, based on this, your prize money shall be remitted to you accordingly.
On behalf of the Management and Staffs of Free Lotto®, we officially congratulate you as the beneficiary of the cash prize £1,000,000.00{One Million Great British Pounds} and your cheque will be issued in your name. We advise you check the spelling and order your name is arranged so as to avoid problems at your local bank.
Good to hear from you regarding the Free Lotto®. My name is Dr. Anthony Floyd, I am the Free Lotto® Cash officer assigned to winners on the Mobile sweepstakes. Congratulations, we the staffs of Free Lotto® congratulate you as one of the lucky winners on this year Free Lotto® Draw. Your Mobile Phone Number has been selected at random by our computer system of networking and has won for you the sum £1,000,000.00{One Million Great British Pounds} and all information concerning the facilitation of your claims will commence as soon as you meet with the requirement.
In line with the commemorating event marking our 142nd anniversary, we rolled out over 140,000.000.00GBP for our 142nd Anniversary Draws. All participants were selected through a computer ballot system, drawn from 25,000 company mobile numbers, and 30,000,000 individual mobile numbers, from 45 mobile networks from UAE, Australia, North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Africa as part of International Promotions Program, which is conducted annually.
The order is.... Surname :- / Firstname:-/ Othernames.
This is real and not a hoax. You can click on the website link below to view the photo page of some of our recent lucky winners.
http://www.freelotto.com/ ThisWeeksWinners.asp
A certificate of prize claims and some vital documents will be sent along side your winning Cheque. The documents to be sent are; Winning cheque, Winning Certificate and Certificate of Lodgment.
Contact our Affiliate Diplomatic Delivery department with the contact information below for further instructions on how to send the consignment to your location. Do contact them with these information’s below.
Full Name:
Delivery Contact Address:
Winning Mobile Number:
Find below the contact information of the delivery Agent for your immediate action. ============================== =====
Handling Agent: Mrs. Tiffany Walcott
Diplomatic Courier.
910 West Basin Road,
Suite 100, Creek Wood Office Complex,
New Castle, DE 19720
United Kingdom
Tel: (+44)-743-882-3665
Fax: (+44)-700-601-2913
Email: [email protected]
[email protected]
============================== =======
Have it in mind that your won prize cannot be deducted from , this is because the total amount has been insured to the real value . This is in accordance with section 13(1)(n) of the national gambling act as adopted in 1993 and amended on 3RD July 1996 by the constitutional assembly. This is to protect winners and to avoid misappropriation of funds. Its is imperative that you add your IDENTIFICATION NUMBERS {CPEL/OWN/9876} as the subject of any correspondence with the delivery department to ensure they respond in a timely manner. I will a concise update on proceedings with the firm as soon as you are in contact with them. If you need any assistance whatsoever, please do not hesitate to let me know and you are also advised to keep your winning strictly confidential until your winning is processed and received by you. This is to avoid double claiming which could lead to disqualification.
Accept our congratulations.
Sincerely, Fiduciary Agent,
DR. ADAM LAMBERT
Tel: (+44)-758-771-5078
Copyright ©2012 Free Lotto®. All rights reserved.
Advertisement

#115694 by Dotti Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:32 pm
It's a total scam.

There is no lottery and no winnings. The scammers promise these "winnings" but soon the victim needs to pay fees for delivery, insurance, taxes, etc. In the end, the only money that changes hands will be the victim's money that is sent to the scammers.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
#115700 by Mike Wilson Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:36 am
The fake courier site www.unddcou.info is in the process of being reported for fraud.

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon
#148308 by jolly_roger Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:43 am
I notice this www freelotto dot com is still doing the rounds. Apparently someones mobile was selected as a winner of 1 million GBP with draw number 03, 11, 15, 20, 21, 34, 35. All one needs to do is e-mail someone claiming to be a martinparker at gmail dot com to claim. The message has been received twice today. The call coming from 4477 80827341.
Last edited by jolly_roger on Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
#148984 by LeLu Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:33 pm
Hi, I too received this mobile txt (in Australia) just yesterday (6/2/13 @ 11:05am). Alarmed at receiving my very first txt scam, i went internet searching to find answers and found this forum.

Same txt msg Kiloh received as follows:

www.freelotto.com, Your mobile number was selected as a winner of 1,000000.00 GBP with Draw No.03 11 15 20 21 34 35. For claims email: [email protected] Sender number: +44 7557 504 992

I note the only difference is the claims email address and the sender number. I think this is also a way of the scammers trying to trick gullible persons into emailing in order to gain access to email inbox lists too.
#150925 by Howdtheygetmynumber Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:47 pm
I'm also in Australia and received this this morning via text msg saying:
www.freelotto.com, Your mobile number was selected as a winner of £1,000000.00 with Draw No.03 11 15 20 21 34 35, For claims email: [email protected]

I'd like to know how they got my number it's only new and I never give it out to any websites
#150940 by Dotti Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:29 pm
Sometimes it's even simpler than that. Some spammers/scammers will simply use a computer to automatically send messages to a random group of numbers, without knowing which ones are active. All they do is pick one or more mobile prefixes, and then just spam the text to every number in that series.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
#151876 by alsmith1 Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:36 am
I also received this message tonight, in New Zealand. I'm interested to know how they manage to do anything with only postal address, full name and mobile number?

Mine was from the mobile number 00447876823695 and the email was [email protected]
#153060 by Sunbury Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:07 am
Hey guys.
What's wrong with me?
I was only offered 750,000 GBP.
I feel cheated, I tells ya.

It was the same message but it said "with ref FPEL/XWN/6729 contact John Graham on [email protected]"

It seem Australia is the flavour of the month for Freelotto.