Has someone offered you a huge sum of money or a valuable consignment? It's a 419 or advance fee fraud - find out how they work, and what to do to be safe.
#1523 by llopez12 Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:59 am
I HAVE RECEIVED EMAILS FROM THE FOLLOWING USERS:
[email protected],Anna Schwartz [[email protected]],
THE SECOND EMAIL ACTUALLY INCLUDED A EMPLOYMENT CONTRACT PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU NEED A COPY OF THAT TOO

HERE IS A COPY OF THE EMAILS I RECEIVED:

EMAIL #1
We have found your resume at careerbuilder.com and would like to suggest you a "Transfer manager"
Nj liN
vacancy. We have thoroughly studied your resume and are happy to inform you that your skills
ZTk xMTI
completely meet our requirements for this position.
Njli Nj
Njl iNjM
Our company buy, sell, and exchange digital currencies, like E-gold and E-bullion.
ZjF mY
This is a part-time position. Your schedule will be flexible. You will need to spend on average 1-2 hours
Njli NjM4
per day, Monday-Friday. This is a work-at-home position. All communication will be online.
ZjFm YWQ
Njli Nj
General requirements:
Nj li
* Applicants must be at least 21-years-old
ZjF mYW
* Good communications skills
ZjF mY
* Honesty, responsibility and promptness in operations;
Necessary requirements:
* You must have your own Bank of America account for processing payments between clients ( If you do not have the account - please, register one )
ZWI xYm
A position within our company on a trial period for one month starting from the beginning of the work will
YjY zN
be offered to the successful applicants. During this trial period you will be receiving training and online
YjY zNz
support while working and being paid. Employees on a one month trial period are evaluated at
Zj FmYW
least one week prior to the end of their trial period. The supervisor can recommend termination, during the
YjY zN
trial period. At the completion of the trial period, the supervisor can recommend continued employment,
YjY zN
extension of trial period, or termination.
ZjF mYW
During the trial period you will be paid $1,500 per month. You will also be keeping 8 percent commission
Njl iNjM
from every payment received from our customer. With the current volume of clients on average your
Yj Yz
overall income will add up to $3,000 USD per month. After the trial period your base salary will go up to
Zj FmY
$2,250 USD per month, plus 8 percent commission.After the trial period you may ask for additional hours or
Njli Nj
proceed full-time.
If you are interested in this position, and would like to know more, please e-mail me
MmR kZ
We will contact you within 24-hours

EMAIL #2
Thank you for replying for our job suggestion. This is a part-time position. It's required 1-2 hours per week to perform the necessary work. This is a commission based position. The commission is 8% of each processed payment (you get $600-$1200 per week). There are no any taxes and fees involved in order to get started. To start this work you need only your personal computer and the internet. It is the opportunity to work at home.

We get clients from our web-site. Your work is only to process payments from our clients. If our client pays by Western Union, he send it directly to our company in Russian Federation. But about 60% of our clients prefer to pay via check or wire transfer. They will send it to our employees (If our client will send check directly to our company to Russian Federation, it will goes about two weeks to Russia and then will be clears more than 2 weeks), and then our employees will re-send it to our company via Western Union money transfer service.

CONDITIONS OF YOUR JOB:

1. You receive the payment from our clients.

2. You take your 8% comission from this payment.

3. To send money to our company, go to the nearest Western Union branch, fill in the form, "To Send Money" with the information we will provide you. Present your completed form and the money to the agent. All Western Union fees deducted from received payment amount. Be sure to get a receipt with the Western Union Money Transfer Control Number (MTCN). You can find the nearest Western Union branch at www.westernunion.com

4. You send the transfer information provided by Western Union (sender's name, MTCN and cash ammount) to us via e-mail

To get some more information about our company you can visit our web-site: http://globalinvestsonline.com

To start work to our company you must fill out and sign the contract manually.

You can download contract here in Microsoft Word RTF format:
http://globalinvestsonline.com/contract.rtf

or .DOC format

http://globalinvestsonline.com/contract.doc

If you have any difficulties of downloading or opening the contract file, please fell free to mention it, we will do our best to provide it for you in any accessible form

Please, scan and send signed contract to [email protected]

If you have any questions you can visit our help page:
http://globalinvestsonline.com/faq.html

Best regards,
Support, Global Invests Online
Advertisement

#1525 by Ed Williams Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:18 pm
Yes it is a scam i'm afraid. A check mule scam to be more precise. You will cash the checks and send them the difference minus your cut. Then the check will bounce or turn out to be stolen and you will be out of pocket with a very annoyed bank on your back.
Here's some of the whois info:

Expiration Date: 2008-07-24
Creation Date: 2007-07-24
Registrant:
Prostohosting.com
Sholudenko 3 of 104
Kiev, KIEV 05405
Ukraine

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (http://www.godaddy.com)
Domain Name: GLOBALINVESTSONLINE.COM
Created on: 24-Jul-07
Expires on: 24-Jul-08
Last Updated on: 24-Jul-07

Administrative Contact:
Webservices, ProstoHosting.com
Prostohosting.com
Sholudenko 3 of 104
Kiev, KIEV 05405
Ukraine
442316536 Fax -- 442316536

Technical Contact:
Webservices, ProstoHosting.com
Prostohosting.com
Sholudenko 3 of 104
Kiev, KIEV 05405
Ukraine
442316536 Fax -- 442316536

There is every chance that the Ukraine is correct here. The Eastern European Scammers are much more technologically advanced then their African counterparts and this dodgy website just confirms it.
Besides, it is unlikely that a company who was as big as this one is trying to make itself look would register their domain for only a year.

#1526 by dlcooper Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:24 pm
This one screams "scam".

Search engines find similar examples, in which the sender claims to have found the recipients details from e.g. monster.com

Some aspects of their FAQ amused me:

Only Western Union?
Q: Can money be sent via another system?
A: No, it cant. Transfer can be fulfilled via Western Union only.

Tax avoidance?
Q: Who will take pay tax?
A: Our checks never exceed 5000 USD. Reports are not included into IRS. Dont worry, you wont have to pay taxes off these sums of money.

High payment for "minimum time"?
Q: What will my approximate wages be?
A: Approximate monthly wages is 4000-5000 USD, and you will spend minimum time.
Last edited by dlcooper on Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Never trust a smiling duck.

#1527 by ChrisSmith Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:25 pm
Ed is right. A definite scam.

I must say, I do like their website. A lot of effort gone into that.
Pity it won't be up for long. :twisted:
#1528 by Ed Williams Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:26 pm
Plus also, what kind of company needs to hire an unknown person over the internet to do their banking. If it sounds crazy that's cos it is a scam.
Yup Chris, that site will soon be just a memory.....
Last edited by Ed Williams on Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#1529 by jameson Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:26 pm
I notice from the whois information above that the domain name was bought only about two weeks ago, and only for one year. That is another indication that it is a scam. The scammers do not bother to register for more than the minimum period because the domain will be killed as soon as the registrar finds it is being used for fraud.

It is also worthwhile noting that checks do not clear in three or four days like most people belive. The money can be withdrawn after that period, but the check may bounce months later, and you will be responsible for repaying all of it. See our sticky on check fraud here.
#1535 by 4X1X9 Fri Aug 10, 2007 4:09 pm
Thank you for replying for our job suggestion. This is a part-time position. It's required 1-2 hours per week to perform the necessary work. This is a commission based position. The commission is 8% of each processed payment (you get $600-$1200 per week). There are no any taxes and fees involved in order to get started. To start this work you need only your personal computer and the internet. It is the opportunity to work at home.

If such offers were genuine we would all be taking up jobs like this. Far too good to be true.

#1559 by John Nord Sat Aug 11, 2007 2:36 pm
It is a "check mule" or similar scam. Why would a stranger send someone massive amounts of money to "transfer"? :roll: Couldn't the "employee" just run off with all of these checks? What type of successful buisness would ever incur that risk? :roll: Is there a background check? Do you need to be bonded?

Moreover, that is an absolutely unrealistic salary for the services provided. For example, the highest paid person I have ever encountered was a former Federal Judge who now has a private law practice. This person's fee is $800 per hour. Now, this "job" would basically pay you at the same rate ---- that is totally illogical.

One final thing for readers to ask themselves about these "job scams" in generally, what type of company would lack the resources to handle payments in any country, and have to turn to the Internet to find complete strangers to do this? :roll: